TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

So even if the bathrooms are totally disgusting, the employees rude, the food is terrible, and the park is full of trash the only thing that matters is the coasters? Sure they have a great collection of coasters but many people find GL painful and to say that if you find that ride painful you must be overweight could be viewed as offensive and many, many will say the otsr on Revolution are awful, because they are. Have you noticed they don't even fit you properly? Having said that I do love Revolution. But coasters and rides aside, how can this be an awesome park if its messy, the food sucks, and the employees have issues? Doesn't any of that matter? I love a nice collection of coasters as much as the next person but clean restrooms are more important.... imo

Robb, I like full train shots too. I like to see the looks on their faces, some of them are hilarious... such as "hair explosion girl"..... I'm still laughing about that one!

Its a mixed bag with the bathrooms at MM. Some of them are really pretty bad (near the front entrance) and some of them are rather nice (near Superman). I won't disagree that there are certain bathrooms which should be better tended to. Thankfully I'm not at the park to poop all day, but if I had to do the deed I would choose one of the nicer bathrooms which are available.

The employees have always been very friendly to me and have treated me with respect and kindness, especially when I've shown it first. That is just speaking from my own experience of course.

I'm not sure why you brought up Revolution because we agreed on that coaster. The OTSR restraints suck bad but its still an incredible coaster....

The food is actually pretty good I think. I particularly love the turkey leg basket and frozen lemonades which are really refreshing on a hot day. This is all a matter of opinion of course. I haven't seen trash all over the park...

To each his own but I think some people just go into the park looking for problems and things to complain about. If you're going to be grumpy and complain about how dirty the bathroom was when you have an amazing park full of world class roller coasters sitting outside that bathroom, that's your choice. I stop thinking about the bathroom after I leave it. 5 minutes in a bathroom Is not something that's going to ruin my day.

All I'm saying is if you love MM that's awesome. I have been going there for more than 30 years and what it is today is nothing like it used to be. I love the coasters and that's pretty much all I go there for. I accept this park for what it is, a coaster park, and that's fine with me. There's always Knott's or Disney or USH if I really want to care about any of the other stuff. I wasn't exactly saying that MM has all that bad stuff... maybe it does maybe it doesn't, who knows, I don't, and when it comes to this park I don't really care. I'm still going to visit because I love the rides but I'm not expecting anything more than that really, and I'm fine with that.

If you're going to be grumpy and complain about how dirty the bathroom was when you have an amazing park full of world class roller coasters sitting outside that bathroom, that's your choice. I stop thinking about the bathroom after I leave it. 5 minutes in a bathroom Is not something that's going to ruin my day.

I think it is very fair to say a dirty/digusting bathroom is something that will leave a lasting impression.

If you're going to be grumpy and complain about how dirty the bathroom was when you have an amazing park full of world class roller coasters sitting outside that bathroom, that's your choice. I stop thinking about the bathroom after I leave it. 5 minutes in a bathroom Is not something that's going to ruin my day.

I think it is very fair to say a dirty/digusting bathroom is something that will leave a lasting impression.

Agreed!

Some of these comments are true. There were a few minor flaws in the park, but overall I absolutely loved it! Coming from Australia, we have very minimal and limited range of decent parks and rides. The parks are nice, but there is nothing special about them.

My visit to Knotts and SFMM late last November was one of the most amazing magical (forgive the cliches) experiences of my life. At Six Flags, all the coasters were open, the staff were friendly, the atmosphere was nice, the park scenery is very nice. Also the ride operations and running speed was brilliant! In Australia I constantly have to suffer 5 minute plus change-overs with only 1 car operating - and yes that includes the busiest times of the year! (no exaggeration)

I know many will disagree, but I haven't been around to many other big parks in America apart from Knott's, SFMM, Universal Studios Hollywood and Disneyland so I haven't really seen the competition. But, honestly, I don't think you should SFMM it for granted! For me, I thinks the SFMM is awesome, and I wish the parks in Australia were half as good.

Agreed! This is disgusting! If a HUGE park like Disneyland can keep their bathrooms in impeccable shape this park should be able to.

^Nearly. The bathrooms just outside of the entrance are the worst. I feel like I'm going to catch hepatitis just walking in.

i cant believe a SFMM board member or someone doesn't read this and get offended! ! It seems its just awful

Soooo.... What you're saying is that it would be ok for a world class restaurant that serves amazing food to have disgusting bathrooms for customers to use? That it's ok for places where the public walk around and interact with together to have restrooms that could possibly be unhygienic?

Because that's exactly what you've just said.

There is simply NO EXCUSE for a disgusting bathroom. And I myself have had to go to the cleaning kart parked right out side the bathroom, at several Six Flags parks, not just SFMM, and clean a toilet myself in order to use it.

If this is acceptable to you, then you need to start buying stock in Carnival Cruise Lines.

--Robb

I'm afraid to visit these bathrooms now lol... the way you guys are making it sounds is as if there is litteraly S#!T on the walls.

To be fair, they aren't THAT bad, but most of them (and again, not just at SFMM) are about on par with a low-end convenience store bathroom, and for a theme park, they are pretty gross. And I just feel the staff doesn't do an adequate job of taking care of them. I mean, you go do Disney or Universal, and you'll see park services staff in the bathrooms cleaning a good majority of the time. I feel that Six Flags is just too short staffed, and the staff they do have don't seem to have a great work ethic for cleaning. I mean, it's bad enough if your job is to clean bathrooms, I get it, but it IS the job these people signed up and agreed to do, so they should have some sort of accountability.

Edited by robbalvey

There is simply NO EXCUSE for a disgusting bathroom.

To be fair, they aren't THAT bad.

So which is it? Are they totally disgusting or not that bad? We aren't talking about restaurant restrooms where cleanliness is of the utmost priority.

If your bathroom experience is the most important thing about your trip to a theme park, avoid SFMM for sure. Of course you can always go down the highway to Universal Studios Hollywood where the restrooms are impeccable and you pay $70 for 1 coaster to ride. I'll pass on that one, however.

There is simply NO EXCUSE for a disgusting bathroom.

To be fair, they aren't THAT bad.

So which is it? Are they totally disgusting or not that bad? We aren't talking about restaurant restrooms where cleanliness is of the utmost priority.

If your bathroom experience is the most important thing about your trip to a theme park, avoid SFMM for sure. Of course you can always go down the highway to Universal Studios Hollywood where the restrooms are impeccable and you pay $70 for 1 coaster to ride. I'll pass on that one, however.

Er, taken out of context, much?

Edited by cfc

Why should this be any different at a themepark? Are you saying that because it's not a restaurant it's ok for the bathrooms to not be clean and that is acceptable?

Why should this be any different at a themepark? Are you saying that because it's not a restaurant it's ok for the bathrooms to not be clean and that is acceptable?

Yea lets admit it, everyone probably poops at a park every time or almost every time we go , personally I perfer to have atleast a regular nice toilet/bathroom, not a YOLOinfected toilet, walls, floor, ect. Im not saying they need to get on their knees and clean the floor tiles with a tooth brush, just keep it average. Its not rocket science, its called a mop

Yea lets admit it, everyone probably poops at a park every time or almost every time we go , personally I perfer to have atleast a regular nice toilet/bathroom, not a YOLOinfected toilet, walls, floor, ect. Im not saying they need to get on their knees and clean the floor tiles with a tooth brush, just keep it average. Its not rocket science, its called a mop

LOL! , and, ewww!