TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

Stay tuned as we try to keep up to date on what could be the most important new coaster to ever open at ‘The Mountain’ that could create an all time new world record for the park that may never be broken.

Wow, that's quite a prediction. I wonder what they might tell us at WCB...

Gonna take a guess and say they're going to turn it into a continuous circuit racer so the total tracklength (4300 something per each side right now I think...so combined would be 8600 feet) would eclipse Steel Dragon.

Haha did they really mention a Dr Who attraction? I can imagine the Six Flags executives conversation.

"Harry Potter at Universal is popular. The character is also from England."

"We need a British thing, that will be popular too!"

The show does have a massive following here in the States.

No it doesn't. Small but vocal maybe.

That was exactly what I was going to say. I don't know if the American fanbase is quite large enough to justify giving them an attraction. If we see a Doctor Who related attraction opened at any park in the future, it would likely be a British park or somewhere where the show has a sizable portion of guests that know the show exists.

Stay tuned as we try to keep up to date on what could be the most important new coaster to ever open at ‘The Mountain’ that could create an all time new world record for the park that may never be broken.

Gonna take a guess and say they're going to turn it into a continuous circuit racer so the total tracklength (4300 something per each side right now I think...so combined would be 8600 feet) would eclipse Steel Dragon.

Yes, I have the same feeling. It will be interesting to see the height/speed needed to traverse the final layout. Also curious to see just how many inversions it will have. I'm assuming 2 minimum (perhaps a vertical loop as well)..

Haha did they really mention a Dr Who attraction? I can imagine the Six Flags executives conversation.

I can see it now, "Gordon Ramsay" the ride.

Weird, when I took the survey there was no mention of Dr. Who. I got Scooby, Looney Tunes characters, Jack Sparrow, Nemo and Geico Gecko.

The show does have a massive following here in the States.

No it doesn't. Small but vocal maybe.

You'd be surprised. However, I really can't see a Doctor Who ride at an SFI park.

^ Dr. Who get's about 5.5 million per week. Which is good for cable, is not really great overall. Granted, Dr. Who is getting a LOT of new fans because of Netflix.

As Wes said, it has a large loyal fanbase which doesn't even come close to network shows or even The Walking Dead, Mad Men or Game of Thrones. And I'm a huge fan of the show.

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2013/04/14/doctor-who-cold-war-overnight-ratings-2/

^ Dr. Who get's about 5.5 million per week. Which is good for cable, is not really great overall. Granted, Dr. Who is getting a LOT of new fans because of Netflix.

As Wes said, it has a large loyal fanbase which doesn't even come close to network shows or even The Walking Dead, Mad Men or Game of Thrones. And I'm a huge fan of the show.

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2013/04/14/doctor-who-cold-war-overnight-ratings-2/

Um that 5.5 million viewers figure is IN ENGLAND.

BBC America had 1.6 million viewers http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/09/05/doctor-who-ratings/

To put that in perspective, a rerun of Family Guy on Adult Swim nets 2.5-3 million viewers nightly.

Am I the only one who is dying for a Gieco Gecko themed ride, like they asked about? haha

This sounds like one of the worst ideas ever. So I'm sure it will be a 2014 edition.

Though if it was a shooting dark ride, and you could gun down the gecko and that annoying Progressive insurance woman in super slow motion, then it might be ok.

dt

Ok, I may get some hater's with this...

I finally made it to the park for the first time.... Honestly, its the worst Six Flags park I have ever been to. Coaster wise it was pretty good - I absolutely love Tatsu (now my favorite lay down coaster). The park is very dirty - there was trash every where. Also almost all of the flower beds needed to be weeded badly. To me it seems they have a lot of free standing dwellings that are just decaying away and it looks tacky. The first coaster we rode was Ninja - waiting at the end before going back into the station to the left you can see what appears to be some sort of open arena/old station/something that is falling apart and all grown over. Then towards that back there is a station from an old ride - appeared to be some sort of train or monorail - and its in terrible condition. Riding Apocalypse you can see the area where Deja Vu used to be and its terrible with the weeds and old station still standing there. We joked that it added to the theme of Apocalypse .

Every building and ride (minus Green Lantern) looks old, faded, and worn down. So much is in need of a paint job there. Yet they are building a brand new coaster. Something does not match there in my eyes. Speaking of the coasters. It seems they are getting coasters now just to keep their image up of having a lot of coasters. To me everything there besides Tatsu is forgettable. Nothing really stands out. Now that could be different if X2 was actually running when I was there.

Overall to me the park just seems worn down but yet has a lot of potential. Right now the park seems like it appeals to people who could not care less what it looks like because they are there to just ride coasters. It is basically what Six Flags America looked like 3-4 years ago. I know almost every one here does not like SFA but its my home park and actually looks awesome now that they have a completely new management team there.

Every building and ride (minus Green Lantern) looks old, faded, and worn down. So much is in need of a paint job there. Yet they are building a brand new coaster. Something does not match there in my eyes.

At least YOLO isn't old, faded, and worn down yet. That's progress, right?

I will give them credit where deserved and say I am glad they do not enforce the locker policy. I am confused why the company put all these lockers in at all their parks to make money and now only enforce it at Great Adventure and Discovery Kingdom.

^ Probably something about not being able to confirm or deny rumors
Edited by Jerome

The conditions of some of the buildings is one of my biggest pet peeve's with the park. But I disagree that GL is the only one that's decent looking. Batman got some work a few years ago, Goliath's station isn't bad. Colossus and Revolution still look decent and Viper also looks good.

The worst queue lines are certainly Scream and Ninja.

As for the Ninja station, you are correct, that was the station for the Dragon. The other station is down near Jet Stream. And yes, you can still see some track going up the last hill on Ninja.

A couple of buildings recently got new roofs, but I'm very disappointed that the bathroom rehabs didn't get completed a few years ago. The front two bathrooms (near Revolution and across from the fountain) are absolutely horrid. I don't use those unless I have no other choice.

As for the coasters, there are probably 5 or 6 coasters I'll ride on a consistent basis (Ninja, Superman, Gold Rusher, Batman, Colossus, Goliath). The rest are just "once in awhile" and a few are almost never (Viper, Revolution, Riddlers, Scream).

^Agree, and I think Riddlers' needs to be on the list with Scream and Ninja. It looks like no one has so much as taken a duster or broom to that building in years..on my last visit it was the only one that stuck out to me as being dirty and worn down (Worth noting that I skipped Ninja and Scream was a walk on so I didnt have time to look).

Also LLDOD being new still looks fresh, unless we're only talking purely coasters.

I really wish they would paint Scream and Tatsu. They're the two most visible coasters (other than Colossus) and I think when you first pull up and see those coasters faded it gives that first impression.