TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2228 - Wonder Woman Flight of Courage REAL POV!

Headed down to the park tomorrow for the Lex Luthor ERT. Then gonna hang out at the park for a few hours. The loop looks great from the freeway as well!

What's with all this ert lately and how do you guys hear about it? Can't find anything on the park website...

Thanks.

Headed down to the park tomorrow for the Lex Luthor ERT. Then gonna hang out at the park for a few hours. The loop looks great from the freeway as well!

What's with all this ert lately and how do you guys hear about it? Can't find anything on the park website...

Thanks.

It is for ALL Season Pass Holders (not just Gold). SFMM sends their bi-weekly newsletter out and in the top right corner, it says "Season Passholder Bonus" and what ride the ERT is on.

To subscribe to the newsletter, go to soxflags.com/magicmountain and click around the site until you see a banner (almost looks like an ad) on one of the sides of a page that says something about "Stay In the Loop" and click it. Them you can sign up.

They probably need a bit more oomph for the tunnel launch. It also should be going faster than previous Premier LSM coasters. The ride looks more fun every time I see it - and I'm a CP fanboy. However, the "top hat" will probably be the make-or-break moment for most enthusiasts.

^Track work isn't even complete yet, then they have all the wiring as well, i say testing in 2 weeks

I read from a reliable source that the track (excluding the LSM wiring) has been complete. So that we may see testing just a tad bit sooner.

^Track work isn't even complete yet, then they have all the wiring as well, i say testing in 2 weeks

I read from a reliable source that the track (excluding the LSM wiring) has been complete. So that we may see testing just a tad bit sooner.

Oh sorry! Didnt know that it was already complete! Id say 1-2 weeks then

^Track work is complete on FT!!! this was verified by a recent update from a site not allowed on TPR. Yet like you said they just have to get it all wired up which shouldn't take to long since they started the wiring judging by all the wiring hanging off the LIM/LSMs on the launch track. The launch track in the tunnel has also been getting it's LIM/LSMs, the station also shouldn't take long the foundation is down and the walls are up entrance and exit paths started, it will also only be a open air canopy covered station. At the rate they're going I think it's very possible we may see a Memorial Day weekend opening

I don't know how much testing is required for a Premier LSM coaster, but I've heard elsewhere that magnetic launches are one of the most complex ride systems and require the most testing. I wouldn't rule out a Memorial Day weekend opening, as I believe the park is shooting for that, but if the ride doesn't open until early June that wouldn't surprise me either. Memorial Day is only six weeks away, and even though the track is complete it seems like there's still quite a bit to be done before Full Throttle is ready to open.

I'm still not believing that a park that took until last June to get LL up and running could get this coaster and the surrounding area and landscaping completely ready by Memorial Day Weekend. This coaster could face issues that we may not realize. Until testing has truly started, I'm not holding any breaths,

I'd say late June, mostly because It's not just Full Throttle opening, it's also the newly themed area. Even if it's not a lot, testing will take a while and so will everything else that's not set up. (i.e. YOLO Plaza, the new Food Location, etc.)

Also, knowing SFMM and "opening dates", there will be about 1 or 3 delays for opening day.

*BREAKING NEWS* It will open.....when it opens! Don't know why some of you guys love torturing yourselves with assumptions.

This is just a hunch, but I think he may be a big Knoebels fan lol. Seriously though Yolocoaster looks great and should be a lot of fun. Hopefully I will get to SFMM sometime soon!