TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

I enjoy GL, but I can't help but wonder if SFMM themselves dislike it. The ride was barely advertised after it opened, and feels ignored, like an annoying step child. It's a ride I could them shipping off to another park in a few years. It serves absolutely no purpose at a park like SFMM.

Technically, its purpose could serve as bait to keep the general public away from other rides. If I'm not mistaken, the ride generates quite a line at times (though this could be due to low capacity). I haven't been on it yet though the reviews all seem to be about the same. Just remember, those people queuing for GL could be in line for X2 or Tatsu instead.

In my humble opinion, I *LOVE* Green Lantern, but then again I haven't ridden it since opening year, I remember riding it opening year and it was the craziest, most insane, amazing ride ever. I haven't ridden it since because either it was closed, or I just didn't feel like it especially when I started hearing the bad reviews coming in on how terrible the ride has become. I'll be going back April 14th to judge myself...

When we rode GL on Media Day I absolutely loved it. But with each ride I've had since I've loved it a little less. My ride Sunday was probably the first ride I've had on it in a year. Don't even think I rode it at WCB last year. At this point I'd rather ride Revolution or Viper than GL.

I did a commercial shoot for GL right before it opened (the day before media day I believe) and rode it 12 times throughout that day. The majority of my rides on it that day were enjoyable, with the exception of a few. It definitely became hard to handle after several consecutive rides though. One of our rides ended with us locked in the brakes in the station with the train completely upside-down. It took them a few minutes to release the train so it could rotate right-side up again. That was really uncomfortable.

However, last time went on it, the first half of the ride had no flips and then we spent the entire second half of the ride completely inverted and all the blood rushed to my head. The restraints killed my shoulders and the whole blood-rush thing gave me a pretty bad headache.

Back in October when we visited SFMM, GL slammed me into the restraints so hard that I had bruises on my shoulders. One ride was enough for me. Like clinksalot said, EFF that ride!

Me too when I rode the first time it bruised my shoulders and arms. I haven't rode it again and I never will.

GL is actually a favorite to the GP. All my friends say it's the scariest and their most favorite ride, even over X2.

I personally like it because of the intensity and being thrown around everywhere. For me the pain is part of the experience!

It has been over a year since I rode GL and was not worth a re-ride. We didn't flip once and it wasn't smooth. I'll give it another try next time I'm there but if it doesn't improve it will be one of the coasters I will skip.

Ooh Yeah, Flashback! I really liked this coaster. Personally I think they could have done without the OTSR. Six Flags should have moved it the other side of the park and made modifications to it. It would have fit nice where GL is at right now! Too have heard the roar of FB, Batman and RR would have sounded nice. Dang……. Such a waste!

Went to the park on Saturday with a friend and got some rides in with a few interesting points.

Colossus is still pretty smooth (even on the wheel seats) except one short stretch of the double up and two halfway decent shots of airtime (in the back cars) on the first drop and drop before the MCBR and a good one going into the first hill and the MCBR in the front.

Rode GL for the first time with the new shields, had my crotch and shoulders crushed.

Had a pretty decent ride on Viper with a little bit of bracing with my shoulders, no longer just the occasional courtesy ride anymore.

Left side of Superman was having some technical difficulties and operated on and off all day, I rode on the first cycle after one of the problems and the restraints in the front row weren't releasing smoothly (a possible cause?). The right side was running a really fast launch and getting really close to the magnets at the top of the tower almost every time.

The indoor corridor in Batman's queue is getting really rank and musty, definitely needs some air circulation and cleaning.

Tatsu had the usual operations with 2 trains, one station, and consistent 2+ minute stacking on the brake run.

Lex was still running well and they have managed to keep the operations up with consistently speedy dispatches and efficient use of the single rider line.

The indoor corridor in Batman's queue is getting really rank and musty, definitely needs some air circulation and cleaning.

I'd love to know what genius thought having an enclosed metal shed in the sun would make a great queue ... and that this design should be copied throughout the 6F chain.

It looks like the only "batman" inverted coaster in a 6F park that doesn't do this is Fiesta Texas, but they don't have the silly batman theme (although they have the "goliath" name for a coaster that is the shortest "goliath" coaster with that name). I haven't been on this one but I've been on 3 batmen, including SFMM.

I like queues where you can see the track while waiting. Fresh air is nice, too.

^ Yeah, not to get too far off of SFMM's topic, but Goliath is Six Flags New Orleans's old Batman, which was originally from a Japanese park. It was the only inverted Batman in the 6F chain to not have the extensive cave theming. I think that by 2003 Six Flags had either given up on that much $ spent on a station or just really didn't care about SFNO. Either way, I also prefer open stations.

Lex was still running well and they have managed to keep the operations up with consistently speedy dispatches and efficient use of the single rider line.

Speaking of single rider lines, am I really the only one who thinks that X2 needs one as well?

And one more thing: Do any of the B&M flyers use both stations at once? I know Air and Manta have two stations, and I really want to know if it's possible at all for Tatsu to do it too. It would require lots of ride ops, yes, so it would be unrealistic for SFMM to do this, but is it even possible?

And one more thing: Do any of the B&M flyers use both stations at once? I know Air and Manta have two stations, and I really want to know if it's possible at all for Tatsu to do it too. It would require lots of ride ops, yes, so it would be unrealistic for SFMM to do this, but is it even possible?

If it wasn't possible to run both stations, they wouldn't have built a dual station.

^ Yeah, not to get too far off of SFMM's topic, but Goliath is Six Flags New Orleans's old Batman, which was originally from a Japanese park. It was the only inverted Batman in the 6F chain to not have the extensive cave theming. I think that by 2003 Six Flags had either given up on that much $ spent on a station or just really didn't care about SFNO. Either way, I also prefer open stations.

Most of the Batmans were built when Time Warner still operated the parks, thus the heavy theming. Premier had very little interest in theming.