TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

LIM technology has advanced quite a bit since the first batch of Premier launched coasters popped up 10 years ago. They are MUCH more energy efficient and also smaller in size.

If they were concerned about their power bill, Roaring Rapids would have been the ride torn out. The pumps for that ride actually consume the most energy in the park now that S:TE got more efficient LSM's.

Well, they are definitely moving very quickly on this. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if FT completes vertical construction in late April. Hopefully, Superman will re-open by the middle of the month.

Interesting dive loop that is. Usually coasters enter dive loops while turning slightly and then dive to the same side. This one is the opposite. It sure looks TWISTYYYYYY.

Thanks for posting that great picture!

Interesting dive loop that is. Usually coasters enter dive loops while turning slightly and then dive to the same side. This one is the opposite. It sure looks TWISTYYYYYY.

I was looking at it as well and notice something different about it, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Thanks for the explanation!

Premier Rides just Tweeted this photo:

[attachment=0]BErh1kACAAAbPlr.jpg_large.jpg[/attachment]

Follow them on Twitter:

Follow TPR on Twitter:

Cool picture but all I can think about is how thankful I am that this ride will supposedly not have over the shoulder restraints because that looks like a head banging moment.

Thanks for posting that great picture!

I was looking at it as well and notice something different about it, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Thanks for the explanation!

It kinda reminds me of Storm Runner's snake dive.

RCDB

2186275690_45c4ba44f9_b.jpg.409e012c525a8d83cf28913ca2915eb8.jpg

Coasterguy, Magic Mountain

^That's exactly what I thought upon first seeing the element. This is a good thing. Storm Runner's Flying Snake Dive is very disorienting, hard to tell which direction you're heading when you exit the inversion. There are already 3 dive loops in the park, so I'm pleased to see a different take on it.

Please tell me why Revolution has to have OTSR's while they can have the world's largest loop and run it with lap-bars?

They are a bit slow in the brain. I say in 3 years SFMM will get the same trains SDL has. Or, they will get SDL's old trains!

Please tell me why Revolution has to have OTSR's while they can have the world's largest loop and run it with lap-bars?

They are a bit slow in the brain. I say in 3 years SFMM will get the same trains SDL has and put OTSRs on them. Or, they will get SDL's old trains and put OTSRs on them!

Fixed.

Not going to lie...I'd much rather the park keep spending money on new credits for me, rather than trains for a ride that I barely ever ride. They ride would still suck without OTSR's, since it is trimmed as well.

Not going to lie...I'd much rather the park keep spending money on new credits for me, rather than trains for a ride that I barely ever ride. They ride would still suck without OTSR's, since it is trimmed as well.

The ride wouldn't need to be trimmed if it didn't have those restraints. I'm not saying the park wouldn't trim it anyway since it's SFMM but I think that ride would be one of the best in the park if they took off the OTSR's and turned off the trims.

Because Premier Rides uses a shin bar which is actually what's holding you in upside down and not the lapbar. Without the shin bar someone could probably be thrown from Full Throttle.