TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

Here's a question: how do you get your friend to join a vacation club at the credit union? Tell him that we are planning a trip to go to California next year!!! When I presented to my friend any and all information about Six Flags Magic Mountain and showed him the video of YOLO, he almost freaked out. Of course, there are other exciting places to visit while we are on our 2014 tour of California ( like Disneyland, Legoland, and Fisherman's Wharf located in San Fransico), but Magic Mountain seems to have been the deciding factor in order to convince my friend to go with me to California ( would you believe he'd never been on an airplane before - methinks the only airplane he'd ridden in was a kiddie ride: many, many years ago!). So I'm not concern when YOLO will be up and running in this year because we won't be coming their until next year - and I'm sure they will have all the bugs worked out by then.

AS for the discussion on riders per hour, all the newfangled and innovated coasters due have a problem with long lines, but it isn't the park's fault they have too many visitors coming to their park ( if a park cannot attract visitors and generate more $$$, then something's wrong). You can only fault Six Flags Magic Mountain for having so many great rides and the World's Record for having the most coasters in one park I would love to give out the #, but I cannot count that high ). Besides, if you need to get on a ride that don't have long lines, then ride the Scrambler and The Atom Smasher.

I'm not perfect; I just love to ride!!!

Capacity:

The good news is that there is no lift hill on the ride, so it will start immediately. There are no seat belts or any additional restraints on the ride other than a lap bar. Capacity shouldn't be a HUGE problem...

The bad news is that it is run by SFMM employees.

The good news is that there is no lift hill on the ride, so it will start immediately. There are no seat belts or any additional restraints on the ride other than a lap bar. Capacity shouldn't be a HUGE problem.../quote]

Until they decide to put huge OTSR on it just like Revolution and totally kill the ride experience and capacity.

Although...

The marketing team is forgetting one record. YOLO will hold the world record for the lowest capacity traditional multi-launcher ever installed. (Cheetah Hunt, Maverick, Verbolten, Manta, and Helix will all be able to pull at least 1200 pph)

The marketing team is forgetting one record. YOLO will hold the world record for the lowest capacity traditional multi-launcher ever installed.

Can't be any worse than Volcano. I hear that ride still gets pretty bad lines, even on slow days.

Thinking about heading to the park today. I'll get pictures if I decide to go.

What is everyone's take on Tim Burkhart? Is he anywhere near as beloved as Jay Thomas? I know the current lady is not well liked, I'm just wondering if folks are as sour as Tim (been the for years now, right?) as they are Bonnie/the park in general. Please note that I'm not trying to start a "why does everyone whine --- well, it's because we know what this park was/could be" discussion, I'm honestly just curious about other higher ups at the park.

Lastly, it does seem a real shame to tear out the boats - but I imagine the upkeep (water/repairs etc) costs has to be right up there when you consider it "per rider cost", right?

Edited by robbalvey

^ That's because even with the additions of rides like Dominator and Intimidator 305, Volcano is without a doubt still the most popular ride in the park for the GP. I'm sure Yolocoaster won't be the most popular ride at SFMM...

Or Volcano had bad capacity.

- I'm sure Gatekeeper won't be the most popular ride at Cedar Point either.

^ Yeah, I can tell you with great certainty (as much as I love it), Volcano is not the most popular ride at Kings Dominion. It just appears that way because it always has an insanely long line...due to low capacity.

I think the most exciting part of the ride looks like it might be that climb up the Mountain and then the hairpin into the tunnel. I hope in a few years the trees will grow in and add in an extra thrill.

What is everyone's take on Tim Burkhart? Is he anywhere near as beloved as Jay Thomas?

Considering the high turnover rate with the people in his department (they jump ship for other parks/better companies as quickly as possible), I'm guessing he is not very well liked...

ADMIN EDIT

LINK PULLED DUE TO ILLEGAL POV VIDEOS ON THIS CHANNEL

Nice.. So it seems like it could get completed pretty quickly

It definitely COULD be completed relatively quick, but it is SFMM! Glad to see it finally go vertical, though.

Edited by robbalvey

LOL

So there's more than just an empty dirt space now!

You guys weren't kidding...all the other 2013 rides either complete, or making great progress and here track has finally started to be placed.... oh six flags