TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

Wouldn't it make more sense to have people come back at another date? That's what USH does when the line is bad. They just say "keep your ticket and process on your next visit."

As what was already posted. If you bought 4 thrill passes your thrill pass will be upgraded for free to a gold pass if you bought and Process them before Jan 07th. They now see that they have too many people so if you already brought the passes before Jan 07th, You now have until Jan 27th to get the free upgrade.

I'm also not defending this, Simply reporting the new date to process up to a free gold.

Yes, they extended the date until Jan 27th, but the same thing is going to happen again that weekend, and probably every weekend until then.

We got ours processed the week between Xmas and New Years and purposely showed up to the park earlier than we would have to get our passes done. It took us about 10 minutes but by the time we were done the line was at least 45 minutes. They should have known then that the weekends were going to be crazier.

Didn't they used to have a process where you could just use your previous years pass and they would mail them to you? I can't recall if Six Flags ever did this.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have people come back at another date? That's what USH does when the line is bad. They just say "keep your ticket and process on your next visit."

That's the problem. It makes too much sense.

Plus not to mention it's clear that USH has always been ahead of SFMM in guest service. For the past 2 years I haven't processed my SFMM pass on the same day I purchased it. They do tell you multiple times "Must be processed before you leave the park today" however they NEVER give me a hassle when I go back on a different date to process.

SFMM's operations department not prepared to handle something that should have been obvious (it's not like they can't figure out how many unprocessed passes were out there...)? I'm shocked.

Maybe adequately staffing SP Processsing center was not in the "budget."

Edited by DJeXeL

Didn't they used to have a process where you could just use your previous years pass and they would mail them to you? I can't recall if Six Flags ever did this.

Back when I worked at the park the system allowed you to print a new pass with the previous years picture (or even an older picture). I would always ask people if they had a pass in the past and would mail them their passes out all ready to go with no waiting in line or issues. I would hate to imagine they've made the system so this can't be done anymore, but I wouldn't put it past them.

^That isn't an option this year.

And also, IT SAYS ON BOTH THE PRINTOUT PAGE AND THE RECEIPTS FROM THE TICKET BOOTHS THAT THE PASSES CAN BE PROCESSED ANY DAY UP UNTIL JANUARY 27th! It said this on my receipt from my pass that I purchased on 12/16. So it wasn't suddenly extended, and if it was, it was a long time ago. They should've been clearer about this and told people not to wait u Til 1/27 (or 1/6) to process. A couple people in my family still need to process and we are going to try next Sunday.

At this point we don't really know if it is possible or not. Depends on how much they are tearing up in and around the area. But until they are ready to pour those footers, there's no reason to keep the ride down except to save money. But like I said, that's their business model and it works well for them financially.

I was at the park on Sunday, and the whole back side of the mountain is torn up, along with lots of the Superman entrance area. So, at this point in construction, there is really no easy way to open the ride. But, it might be the reason they are doing that area first, when they have the least amount of guests in the park causing the least amount of guest issues.

The employees at the entrance to the line were guessing 3.5 hours, but I heard it took about 90 minutes from some people, which I could believe a little more.

Ok, that's a little bit better, but still, 90 minutes to give a park your money?

"Hi, I'd like you give you my money, lock in some repeat business for you, and hopefully spend more money every time I come back to this park! Doesn't that sound awesome!?"

"Great! Sounds wonderful! Stand here and wait for an hour and a half..."

"Oh...."

--Robb "And people are airing grievances about chipped paint at Walt Disney World? They need to go spend some time living next to SFMM..." Alvey

I went to the park Sunday morning to process my pass. we got there at 9:30, processing opened at 10. We waited about 90 minutes (including the 30 minutes they weren't actually open yet. Once inside, they had all the computers working and pumping through as fast as they could. I was in and out in less then 5 minutes. I think the issue with the processing were the people who bought the passes at the park instead of filling in their info ahead of time on line. Because they had more info to give and fill out.

SFMM's operations department not prepared to handle something that should have been obvious (it's not like they can't figure out how many unprocessed passes were out there...)? I'm shocked.

They also had the processing center open inside the park which had barely any line at all. They were running at full capacity with the processing.

Though the lines were long, they did their best to get people through fast, so I have to give them credit for that! Haha.

They also had the processing center open inside the park which had barely any line at all. They were running at full capacity with the processing.

So why weren't they smart enough to have someone outside directing people to the center inside the park? That just seems so dumb to have one center with a huge line, and another with none at all?

It's as simple as a phone call from one center to the other "How busy are you guys? Not at all? Sending people your way!"

So why weren't they smart enough to have someone outside directing people to the center inside the park? That just seems so dumb to have one center with a huge line, and another with none at all?

It's as simple as a phone call from one center to the other "How busy are you guys? Not at all? Sending people your way!"

I think they were taking groups of people from the big line in the plaza into the park through the old gate which is now a backstage gate to the processing center inside the park.

Getting a pass processed at SFMM has always sucked, though this is exceptionally bad. But again, the majority of the people that go to the park don't care, because, you know, ONLY COASTERS MATTER! YOLO!!!

How this place gets any sort of positive customer service rating is beyond me...

dt

I was getting my pass processed a few days ago and I waited an hour in line outside and I was directed to the processing center inside the park. You cannot get in line for the processing center inside if you didn't wait in the long line outside. That long line outside is the line for both processing centers. So, SFMM did do a good job using both processing centers.

Great America had similar lines for season pass processing during opening day and closing day. Both times had lines probably 30 - 60 minutes with the normal season pass center open and temporary processing locations open. I don't really think the problem are the parks themselves, it's the season pass system. They need to make renewing an existing pass easier and faster as even if you have a season pass you have to re-enter all your information. They should really be saving it on the system so if you don't have anything to change you can just pay, take a new picture and be done.

I processed my pass last Thursday (1/3/13). I got in line about 10:10 and was walking out of the building at 10:40. In the years past, I've gotten in line, processed, and been waiting for the gates to open at 10:20. I was ticked off waiting 30 minutes last time, I can't imagine any of you guys who waited upwards of 90 minutes. Unbelievable.

I have to stand in terrible lines from time to time at county recorder's offices and courthouses for my job. A 90 minute wait for processing a piece of paper gives even those government institutions a run for their money.

[Edit]: An you know which counties are the best? The ones that let you file and record electronically. Maybe you can learn from them SFMM.

^LOL, really? That seems silly... because once you get into the processing room, you only had to wait like 2 more minutes. Itd take you longer to walk over there then to have you stay there.

The long line ends with a check point where an employee directs you into another line for either processing room 1 or 2. Both processing rooms have the same wait of about 10 minutes.

Surely they could do this with some sort of self-service kiosk. If I can go through immigration via a self-service terminal how hard can it be to have a machine that scans your voucher, takes a photo and prints out a card?

Said machines cost $$$ that the park doesn't have or want to spend. That's why they haven't been implemented.

Surely they could do this with some sort of self-service kiosk. If I can go through immigration via a self-service terminal how hard can it be to have a machine that scans your voucher, takes a photo and prints out a card?

This park just finished replacing their 486 IBM cash registers about a year ago.

X2 music is dead once again. Surprise?

Also confirmed with the park that Superman is closed intermittently during the construction. Sounds like it will be hit-or-miss.

And that's different from "normal" Superman operations in what way?