TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

^^ Good picture story. I was at the park today also. It was my last visit for sometime. The ride lines were very short, but season pass lines (yes multiple) were huge! I'm glad I processed mine two weeks ago.

I went up to see the construction "progress" in the Sky Tower. I was speaking with one of the ride-ops there, and she said F.T. will shut down Tatsu also at some point during construction. I really don't understand that, but she brought it up. Get ready for more shutdowns...

^How is Tatsu affected!?!?

Doesn't sound true if you ask me. Maybe the last turn of the ride where the supports are kinda near the work site? I have no idea, but if they do close it would be a good idea to do it now since its not a busy time. Oh yeah, the Tatsu crew was doing awesome, at least more than usual. They actually were trying to beat the timer and there was usually only 10 seconds of stacking. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

Rides running 1 train:

Riddler's Revenge

Colossus

Batman

Rides running 1 train due to maintenance:

Riddler's Revenge

Rides running 1 train due to Six Flags not wanting to put the work in to taking the second train off the transfer and making you stare at it knowing that your very slow moving line could be much shorter and faster if they just took that second train off the transfer:

Colossus (This ride is far too long and popular to only run one train and you have another functional train waiting, which they have. 2 actually!)

Batman

Actually a pretty short list.

Rides running two trains:

Goliath

Lex Luthor (both sides)

Scream

Green Lantern (4 cars)

Apocalypse

Tatsu

Revolution

Ninja

Viper

X2

That's quite a long list. I'm proud of them! Usually 2 or more of these on the third list are on the second list.

Closed rides:

Superman

Gold Rusher

Due to construction. Not a big deal.

Hopefully they get the left side of Superman operational again. (lLast time I rode, only the right side was open and the left side had a rad tag attached to it saying "Do Not Operate". Before this, the left side was having some trouble, specifically with the pull into the station at the end of the ride.

3.5 hours to process a pass? Yeah, no.

What? No! This has to be a bit of an exaggeration, right? How is that even acceptable customers service by ANY means? I thought SFMM won like "best park in the entire freaking universe" or something like that? 3 1/2 hours? Wow...

--Robb "It took us about 3 1/2 minutes to re-new our Walt Disney World annual passes..." Alvey

^Yesterday, I heard they only had the one processing center open and there were reported waits up to 3 hours. Today they had both processing centers open and the line was still insane. The employees at the entrance to the line were guessing 3.5 hours, but I heard it took about 90 minutes from some people, which I could believe a little more.

On December 16th, I got my pass in 5 minutes...

Oh hey, look what job is open!

image.thumb.jpg.ef211c5f7dbb6b023727a68ceb9f9a6e.jpg

Looks like they need to hire more..

Edited by SFMMGeek27

The employees at the entrance to the line were guessing 3.5 hours, but I heard it took about 90 minutes from some people, which I could believe a little more.

Ok, that's a little bit better, but still, 90 minutes to give a park your money?

"Hi, I'd like you give you my money, lock in some repeat business for you, and hopefully spend more money every time I come back to this park! Doesn't that sound awesome!?"

"Great! Sounds wonderful! Stand here and wait for an hour and a half..."

"Oh...."

--Robb "And people are airing grievances about chipped paint at Walt Disney World? They need to go spend some time living next to SFMM..." Alvey

The employees at the entrance to the line were guessing 3.5 hours, but I heard it took about 90 minutes from some people, which I could believe a little more.

I just renewed my SFMM pass last week and I stood in that horrid line. Yeah, it was NOT 3.5 hours. It was 90 minutes. When I first got to the park around eleven, I saw the line to process my pass and decided to wait around the late afternoon to get some rides in. Hopefully the line will die down. UH-UH! NOPE! It was actually slightly longer! Then you have to fill out all of the work at the computer. I thought I went to renew my season pass for SFMM, not my driver's license.

Ok, that's a little bit better, but still, 90 minutes to give a park your money?

"Hi, I'd like you give you my money, lock in some repeat business for you, and hopefully spend more money every time I come back to this park! Doesn't that sound awesome!?"

"Oh...."

--Robb "And people are airing grievances about chipped paint at Walt Disney World? They need to go spend some time living next to SFMM..." Alvey

The customer service of some companies amazing! I bought a new road bike last month. Went into a bike shop that a friend recommended. When I walked in I was the only customer. Two people behind the counter never acknowledged that I was even there. After 15 minutes of looking around I left. Went to another shop and was immediately helped when I walked through the door. When the guy helping me had to take a phone call he sent someone else over to help. I ended dropping over two grand on a bike, clothes and shoes.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have people come back at another date? That's what USH does when the line is bad. They just say "keep your ticket and process on your next visit."

"Oh...."

Let's be real though...the SFMM season pass mentality is more like "$60 for a pass and I can drop my annoying teenager at the park for a day so I can sit at home and get drunk!".

I went on Saturday and it took exactly 2 hours to get my pass (I actually timed it), and when I exited the park at closing, the line still looked just as long.

I just renewed my SFMM pass last week and I stood in that horrid line. It was 90 minutes. I thought I went to renew my season pass for SFMM, not my driver's license.

I just don't understand why this is even being allowed to happen! Seriously, I think we renewed all three of our WDW annual passes in less than five minutes, we renewed our SeaWorld passes over the phone, and I bought my Universal Pass online and exchanged the voucher at a machine for my pass.

Hearing this just amazes me, but at the same time I'm not shocked.

Additionally, Magic Mountain also leads the company in overall Guest Satisfaction.

I'm sure they are very proud.

Edited by robbalvey

Examples like the season pass wait explain why I would rather spend my money on a pass to Disney, SeaWorld, and, though to a lesser extent, Knott's. I still cannot believe this park is number one in satisfaction.

today was the last day to buy a season pass and WAS the last day to upgrade to gold for free, They extended the "process" date I think, So IMO it was most likely everyone who delayed it to the last day, and they where overwhelmed. I think they used both the new processing center and FB (old) processing center, and they were still overwhelmed.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have people come back at another date? That's what USH does when the line is bad. They just say "keep your ticket and process on your next visit."

today was originally the last day to buy and "process" your season pass and upgrade to gold for free. They have extended the "process" date to upgrade to gold by a week I think (though you still needed to buy it by today)

Edited by bostonlva

Examples like the season pass wait explain why I would rather spend my money on a pass to Disney, SeaWorld, and, though to a lesser extent, Knott's. I still cannot believe this park is number one in satisfaction.

today was the last day to buy a season pass and WAS the last day to upgrade to gold for free, They extended the "process" date I think, So IMO it was most likely everyone who delayed it to the last day, and they where overwhelmed. I think they used both the new processing center and FB (old) processing center, and they were still overwhelmed.

You're defending this???

Some people have reported this has been going on for longer than just today.

It's simply not acceptable.

Edited by robbalvey

You're defending this???

Some people have reported this has been going on for longer than just today.

It's simply not acceptable.

NO, im not defending it. Sorry if it came out that way

SFMM's operations department not prepared to handle something that should have been obvious (it's not like they can't figure out how many unprocessed passes were out there...)? I'm shocked.

You know, back in the day when I got SFMM season passes, I always remember waiting a stupid amount of time to get it processed. This was from 1998 - 2002. I don't think I ever waited less than 45 minutes for these. One time I recall the line stretching all the way back to where that sheriff station is today. Took over an hour and a half. Perhaps this is something that SFMM has just deemed okay since it has been going on forever.

I was going to buy a 2013 Gold pass online and process it at SFMM, but I was in Texas over the holidays and ended up processing at SFOT instead. Over there it only took 5 minutes to get not only my pass processed, but the rest of my family as well. Based on what I'm reading about SFMM, I'm glad we made that decision!

But SFMM definitely needs to improve their processing center. At SFOT they had the season pass center open well over 1 hour before park opening, and they had at least 10 processing stations open (meaning 10 employees with 10 cameras ready to take photos). And considering my passes from other parks (Knott's*, USH, SWSD) take almost no time at all to process, it's crazy that it would take 90+ minutes to process a Six Flags pass!

*I know Knott's can sometimes take a while to process too, but ever since they went to reusing the same card each year, all I have to do for mine is renew online and enter my season pass number and it's automatically activated (meaning I can go straight to the main gate on my first visit) once I'm done.

Sounds like the park should have been better organised, but season passes have been on sale for what, four months now? That's plenty of time to go get one processed - if you wait until the very last day then long lines are almost a given.

That said, this is only a problem because SFMM said 'process by XX date to get the gold upgrade for free'. If they'd told people they had to purchase their season pass (i.e. give them the money) before the 6th everyone could have just done that online and processed the pass whenever. Problem solved, right?