TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

Also I should mention that the park was handling the crowd very very well today for the most part. All restaurants and drink stands were open with all windows open. Tatsu was running both stations with decent operations. Wait was around 45 minutes all day. Everyone rushed to X2 in the morning causing a 2 hour wait (on the bridge). But when I came back to X2 around 4:30 PM, the end of the line was almost to where they split you to the different sides of the station. 20 minutes.

Riddler, Scream, and Revolution were all running 1 train today, causing for some LONG waits. Riddler was almost to the entrance with 1 train, Scream was also. Revolution had a wait outside the station all day. Looked like the longest waits in the park were for Riddler and Scream! That never happens!

Goliath was running 3 trains and operating at maximum capacity. EVERY SINGLE TRAIN was loaded and ready for dispatch before the train in front of it had even cleared the lift. The train in front of it has to clear the MCBR before the next one can be dispatched so that was making the train have to wait in the station for 15-30 seconds before dispatch. The drew was hustling! They would be done with 20+ seconds left on the countdown clock almost half the time! It was amazing! The wait stayed in the station for some of the day and got longer in the evening.

Also, Batman's crew was horrible, horrible! It would stack before they had even started loading the train! It looked like 1 train operation almost. The line was close to being out the entrance with all the switchbacks being used. Took about an hour to get through.

Pretty good day overall.

Remember when Magic Mountain bought their coasters with an extra train in case one went down? Psyclone had 3, Viper had 4, etc. I heard Colossus originally had 8 NAD (or was it IAD?) trains. Couldn't they run Full Throttle with 3? I mean, just to make sure a group was always ready to go - kinda like Millennium Force. It's amazing what a few feet of "flat track" (albeit with brakes, etc.) can afford to your capacity. Heck, the new GCI woodie at Europa Park has 3 trains... On a side note, for those that are interested, the Revolution page on facebook has 800 likes. An official page would be nice...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Restore-Revolution/388480361172971

Great to hear SFMM running one train on one of their premier rides during one of the busiest days of the year!

I don't think they had an excuse for running one on Revolution. On Riddler they only have 2 and one was in rehab.. So they're stuck with 1. At Scream it looked like they were only running 1 because the other 2 were in rehab. One looked to be taken apart by row and totally rehabbed and the other one looked like it would be that way soon with some of the OTSRs and plastic pieces removed. Glad to see a Scream rehab!!!!

The park was managing the day better than I expected. I mean, when cars are parked in the dirt, how can you only way 2 or 3 trains for Goliath? It was really strange. At least they had their major rides (X2, Tatsu, Goliath, Superman, Lex Luthor) running at full capacity. Oh, and all the employees were really polite! It was a nice change. No sign of Bonnie, Tim, or Neal all day though.

I'll be impressed once they can consistently run both stations on Tatsu. In all the times I have seen a huge line for that ride, I have seen them run both stations exactly twice past opening. Once, it was during the week after the normal schedule spring break (when the park was not even crowded), and once over winter break of last year (this was get nice, with the overflowing queue). However, I have never seen it run three trains. Once they can get three trains running on Goliath, Tatsu, and X2, and dispatch Riddler's Revenge in under 60 seconds when thy have to run one train, I'll be impressed. One can only dream...

^^ X2 with three trains would be worse than two-train operations. The block set up would actually cut capacity IIRC. Two-trains is fine because the employees actually hustled (at least when I was there) to get the trains out on time before the timer got to zero. Two trains also allows one train to always be rehabbed.

I am kind of bummed that it looks like supports will be going on top of the Superman plaza. It does not seem like it would be that much of a support problem to just put supports on either side of the plaza. Also I wonder how ugly the plaza will be with FT crossing over because since it is going over something where people walk it will probably need nets which will look rather ugly.

I am kind of bummed that it looks like supports will be going on top of the Superman plaza. It does not seem like it would be that much of a support problem to just put supports on either side of the plaza. Also I wonder how ugly the plaza will be with FT crossing over because since it is going over something where people walk it will probably need nets which will look rather ugly.

Look at the announcement video again. It will look like that.

Look at the announcement video again. It will look like that.

Go to thecoasterguy.com's website and look at his latest trip report. You will notice that their are markers on the midway. Plus announcement videos are known for just giving the basics of the ride so FL will probably not be exactly what you see in the video.

It shows the supports in the Superman plaza in the announcement video.

I like how they find a way to shut down Superman for one reason or another every off-season. It would seem weird just seeing Lex Luthor going up on the tower by itself with no superman.

^^^^ Wow, no sign of "the Ice Queen" mixing with the customers. There's a surprise.

Yeah, because one person didn't see her in the park on his visit...that must mean she was avoiding the park. It couldn't possibly be that the odds are very much against one person being in the same area of a crowded amusement park at the same time as someone else throughout the day...

Edited by Jew