TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

BTW, the floor of Ninja's station building looks like it used to have a big circular thingamabob in it, like a turntable for a water ride or chairlift. Any info?

There used to be a cable car that ran up the other side of the hill called the dragon that used Ninja's station. The lower station is that empty building by Jet Stream.

Ah, that makes sense! I noticed the other building, too, but I didn't make the connection.

Apocalypse usually has a 30-40 minute line between noon and 4PM, but any time other than that it can be a walk on. Also, why didn't you go on X2?

I also went on Tuesday and I had a little bit better luck with lines than you did. First, went to Lex and waited an hour for it to open and then got on at 11:30. Then went to Green Lantern and got on in 15 minutes. 10 for Batman. Then had lunch at Teen Titans Pizza. Went to Goliath and waited 15 minutes from the bottom of the steps. Used Lex Luthor's single rider line and got on in 5 minutes. Went to Scream and walked on. Then wanted to ride Colossus, but it was broken. Used Riddler single rider line, got on in 5 min. Then went up to Superman and waited about 40 minutes from right at the entrance around 2. Headed to get Dole Whips and got another single rider ride on Lex in about 10 minutes. Waited 10 minutes for Colossus. Headed up to X2 around 4:20 and waited 40 minutes (the park survey people are telling people to go to X2 around 4PM, spoiling our secret.). Went to Tatsu and waited 35 minutes. The line was moving really fast! Then went to Apocalypse and walked on at 6:30.

Oh yeah, and a refurbed Red Colossus train has shown up on the storage track at Colossus! It looks really nice! Maybe they are switching tracks soon.

. Also, why didn't you go on X2?

I wondered that too. X2 is the best ride there, IMO. I've never waited shorter than 1.5 hours for it, but it's worth the wait to me.

I just hope Medusa has been looked after better.

YES. Medusa is still going as good as she always has.

I hope they gave the riders a warning before they finally dropped...
Not knowing if or when you're going to drop for that long though? That freaks me out.

OMG I completely agree, that's what makes drop rides freaky for me. With a coaster, you can see where you're going and when you're going there. With a drop ride, you're up there knowing what's going to happen but not knowing when. Being stranded up there for several minutes knowing that any moment they could drop you? *shivers*

I don't know, I've just never felt like X2 (or X) would be worth the wait. It's just not a priority for me. Maybe I'll finally get to it on my next trip.

Speaking of the next trip, when would be a good time to go again? The park is open year round, right? Sometime in the late fall or winter?

^If you are able to go at any time, go on a Sunday in the off season (between Labor Day and Easter, excluding holiday periods). I've rarely encounted a line longer than 20 minutes when visiting during this time, even for X2. The only downside to visiting is that you will see a lot of one-train operation and some rides may be closed.

Next time you visit, definitely ride X2. While I don't think it's the best ride there (my favorites are Apocalypse and Tatsu), it is a unique coaster and is definitely worth riding. If you've never done it, it's worth the line. Once you've ridden it, you can decide if you think it's worth waiting for again or not (for me, it's worth about a 75 minute wait if it's been more than a year since I last rode, and about 30 minutes otherwise, but I usually visit the park 2-4 times per year and ride almost everything every visit).

Apocalypse usually has a 30-40 minute line between noon and 4PM, but any time other than that it can be a walk on. Also, why didn't you go on X2?

(the park survey people are telling people to go to X2 around 4PM, spoiling our secret.)

I don't know if that's a "secret," but there are really so many tricks to getting around that park I don't really care that they tell other guests about it.

But it is really hilarious when you're on X2 after waiting basically no time at all and then you realize that there were suckers that waited three hours for it when the park opened. I just got back from the park right now and at around 5ish I walked right up to where the line splits for both sides. Music was blasting (on train 1) and the fire roaring. On top of that, inside seat at the front of the train = kick ass ride!

Wow. On Tuesday around 4:30 the line was through the big section of switchbacks and almost to the corner where you can see the entrance... Must have been emptier today. I'm heading down tomorrow and hoping that it will be similar to your experience.

Wow. On Tuesday around 4:30 the line was through the big section of switchbacks and almost to the corner where you can see the entrance... Must have been emptier today. I'm heading down tomorrow and hoping that it will be similar to your experience.

Yes, suprise for me as well. This is the only time this summer I have experienced that.

On the other hand, there were actually people in line for Green Lantern today (full queue). But I'm calling that a car came in upside down and they waited an ungodly amount of time for a mechanic to flip it over.

Yes, suprise for me as well. This is the only time this summer I have experienced that.

On the other hand, there were actually people in line for Green Lantern today (full queue). But I'm calling that a car came in upside down and they waited an ungodly amount of time for a mechanic to flip it over.

Really? When that happens on Insane the ride operatorss just run over and flip it in like 5 seconds

^I believe the reason the ride ops can't flip it is because they have to "be a trained mechanic" or some kind of certification they need in order to conform to safety standards. And as a result, only mechanics are permitted to enter the ride area a right the vehicles. They used to always have someone sitting there, but after the opening crowds died down I guess they stopped doing it...

Just got back from the park! Amazing day and I had a great first experience with LLDOD. Longest wait all day was around 40 mins for X. Everything else was minimal to walk on. I rode Lex on both sides and ended up favoring the "2" Side (Facing Goliath). Both times I rode SEFK was running and the sway was amazing. Truely a great ride and totally re ride-able. I also loved the queue! . I participated in a pre opening trivia game and was asked what year was Batman opened? I answered 1994. When it was almost my turn to get asked another question time ran out and I lost a BO1 Rock,Paper, Scissors duel . Oh well

What about that new coaster SFMM is supposed to be getting? "Full Throttle" Am I right? Any news on that?

I wonder if this will be the name of the sling shot? I hope not, I'd like to see a lsm/lim launch coaster that hugs the mountains layout, and a GIANT loop would be the icing on the cake.

What about that new coaster SFMM is supposed to be getting? "Full Throttle" Am I right? Any news on that?

I wonder if this will be the name of the sling shot? I hope not, I'd like to see a lsm/lim launch coaster that hugs the mountains layout, and a GIANT loop would be the icing on the cake.

It could still be both.....nobody knows.

I rode Green Lantern for my first time a few weeks ago. The flipping was minimal until the very end until we got what felt like 3 flips in, and we entered the station upside down. We didn't wait any more than 45 seconds or so until we were slowly flipped 90 degrees, then a brief break then the last 90 degrees. I don't believe there was a mechanic there or somebody flipping the car, but I could be wrong.

Just got back from the park! Amazing day and I had a great first experience with LLDOD. Longest wait all day was around 40 mins for X. Everything else was minimal to walk on. I rode Lex on both sides and ended up favoring the "2" Side (Facing Goliath). Both times I rode SEFK was running and the sway was amazing. Truely a great ride and totally re ride-able. I also loved the queue! . I participated in a pre opening trivia game and was asked what year was Batman opened? I answered 1994. When it was almost my turn to get asked another question time ran out and I lost a BO1 Rock,Paper, Scissors duel . Oh well

I was there too! I must've seen you! When I heard the Batman question, I was thinking "they aren't going to get that right!" and then I was surprised when you did.

And it seems SEFK is only going to run 1 side on weekdays now. Yesterday they were just running the right side and the line was to the entrance by 11:45.

I was there too! I must've seen you! When I heard the Batman question, I was thinking "they aren't going to get that right!" and then I was surprised when you did.

And it seems SEFK is only going to run 1 side on weekdays now. Yesterday they were just running the right side and the line was to the entrance by 11:45.

Haha yeah that was me in the grey shirt, and yeah the line was quite long for SEFK all day :\.