TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

Yeah I know, we have NO IDEA what we are getting. Let the speculation continue!

^Why would the "store" a ride for someone else? I think that whatever is there is SF's. This is always where the new/leaving parts show up.

Think about it, they are not using that space presently and they could easily charge someone a bunch of money to store it there. It's easy money for SFMM and they don't even have to really do anything (sort of like renting a storage unit).

Then again, this is just all speculation, so don't quote me or anything

They stored Deja Vu back there for over 10 years before finally shipping it off to New England. They stored Psyclone there as well before finally moving it to the city dump. Heck, before that they stored Sarajevo Bobsleds and Shockwave before finally shipping them off to other parks. Along with this ride, they are currently storing Apocalypse in the same area. So in fact, they could be charging for storage. Any type of revenu stream is beter than no revenu stream in this economy.

Six Flags Great Adventure got rid of Eruption (same as Thrill Shot) for a Slingshot this season as well. They did go for the lattice structure though, which does look much more permanent...interesting that Magic Mountain is putting up this version.

That's funny, there has been no confirmation or announcement of anything.

Uncalled for. It seems like a safe assumption that a park builds the rides that show up on its property, save a few examples of old rides being transported and left to rot. Brand new ride parts seem likely to be built, so pardon me for expecting that to be the case.

They stored Deja Vu back there for over 10 years before finally shipping it off to New England. They stored Psyclone there as well before finally moving it to the city dump. Heck, before that they stored Sarajevo Bobsleds and Shockwave before finally shipping them off to other parks. Along with this ride, they are currently storing Apocalypse in the same area. So in fact, they could be charging for storage. Any type of revenu stream is beter than no revenu stream in this economy.

Beautiful.

Six Flags Great Adventure got rid of Eruption (same as Thrill Shot) for a Slingshot this season as well. They did go for the lattice structure though, which does look much more permanent...interesting that Magic Mountain is putting up this version.

Uncalled for. It seems like a safe assumption that a park builds the rides that show up on its property, save a few examples of old rides being transported and left to rot. Brand new ride parts seem likely to be built, so pardon me for expecting that to be the case.

I honestly don't think he was trying to bust your chops. I honestly think he was just stating a fact that nothing has been announced yet officially. Let's just keep enjoying the specluation before we wind down another road in this thread...

On a daily basis I think that threads should end after you post, because if the Internet was a game I think you've won way too many times to count.

Wait guys ... yellow, orange, blue, green, and black? I totally know what they are getting!

See:

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/files/fullthrottle4.png

http://i.imgur.com/5qnPg.jpg

i dont get it

What part didn't you get? The Aquaman:The Bench joke? (I was wondering how many people would actually remember that 11 year old joke ...)

But hey, the colors do match.

Bench: The Ride... Some good memories there!

seems too colorful for a coaster if thats what it is i got my inside sources too but they did not mention that coler scheme

On a daily basis I think that threads should end after you post, because if the Internet was a game I think you've won way too many times to count.

Then how come I can't win a fu@kin& Go Pro camera in their daily give away. DAMN YOU GO PRO!

Guy "MAGIC MOUNTAIN!" Koepp

Except those supports are definitely 100% for that slingshot ride.

Perhaps it could be a Sling-shot ride like this one?

The supports look similar..

Not to mention the ladder pieces at the park match perfectly with the ladder seen on the back of each of those towers... good find, I think that's 100% what these supports are for.

You are pardoned.

So it's not so much they are putting this up as it is they are likely putting this up.

Is and maybe.... hmmm.

But why and if this is going in did nobody see this coming? Maybe the FT rumors were just a distraction for what is really going on.... this thing!

You are pardoned.

So it's not so much they are putting this up as it is they are likely putting this up.

Is and maybe.... hmmm.

But why and if this is going in did nobody see this coming? Maybe the FT rumors were just a distraction for what is really going on.... this thing!

Actually i read a rumor on Six Flags getting a slingshot and that it wasn't going to be an upcharge ride but i thought it was a false rumor until i saw this haha

Uh, yeah - just because supports are on site doesn't mean that Six Flags Magic Mountain will or will not actually do anything with them...

Uh, yeah - just because supports are on site doesn't mean that Six Flags Magic Mountain will or will not actually do anything with them...

Uh, yeah so it doesn't mean they will or will not do anything......huh?

Ok so what are you saying then?

Took a short trip to the park since I got off work early. Spent most of the time riding Lex Luther (got in at least seven rides), and man was this ride much needed at the park, even with the amount of downtime it's been having (which is obviously expected of a new ride). Needless to say, it's very reridable and lived up to its hype.

Apocalypse has some new decals on the trains promoting the sci-fi show Falling Skies on TNT. They also had some ads for the show along the walls of the line with a graffiti-esque look. I've never cared for the show myself, but I thought the advertising at the park was worth mentioning.