TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

Was there anything else that your "source" said? And he means that the Full Throttle supports were delayed, correct?

Honestly not too much. I just brought up what I had previously read about "full throttle" to him to see if I could get any info out of him. Didn't want to be too pushy. He did confirm that it was a launched coaster tho. The most informative news he gave was unfortunately the delay.

One big reason i don't think this is a sky screamer is the big colorfull supports, with the bolt attachments on the ends. If those were indeed for a tower ride, those bolt supports that jet out would get in the way of the gondola going up and down the tower.

One big reason i don't think this is a sky screamer is the big colorfull supports, with the bolt attachments on the ends. If those were indeed for a tower ride, those bolt supports that jet out would get in the way of the gondola going up and down the tower.

So then the 'ladders' could be for access to high points of the track such as the tops of hills or a MCBR?

So TSM your saying without actually saying lol that you talked to someone from Intamin? they would most likely be the only major ride manufacturer to show up to the media day/ opening of Lex Luther, since it is their ride. They told you a complete stranger that is not even a higher up at SFMM or even in the SF chain that a major project has been delayed b/c of a support issue.

Unless every support came out wrong that's the only way I could see them delaying the announcement b/c there wouldn't be one. The entire project would have to be delayed to fix all of the supports or permanently cancelled b/c who would want to continue working with someone and drop millions of dollars and they can't even get the supports right especially someone that's been in the business as long as Intamin or even Premier that would be a huge mistake.

Just b/c SFMM hasn't announced FT doesn't mean there is a problem SFMM/SF announced all their rides last year on Sept. 1st I believe, this early announcement was never set in stone far as I know and the big announcement that was suppose to drop on Jun. 27th was Lex Luther related and didn't go off as planed b/c of the delay.

Lol yea that's what I'm saying. Like I said in the original post take it how youd like to. Im just sharing what was told to me. Like I said for all I know he could have been bsing me. What it comes down to is I'm just relaying what I was told.

Lol yea that's what I'm saying. Like I said in the original post take it how youd like to. Im just sharing what was told to me. Like I said for all I know he could have been bsing me. What it comes down to is I'm just relaying what I was told.

That's exactly how i took it, and how anyone else should, with a grain of salt. As far as i see it nobody's gaining by coming on here and lying, and whether or not who you talked to was actually being honest, it is interesting to hear what they had to say. Honestly, I've talked to manufactor/maintenence guys before and you'd be amazed how candid they are if you just ask.

One big reason I don't think it is a SkyScreamer because there is no fins on the supports (unless the park adds them on?)

Here is a picture of Texas Star Flyer supports.

377385_272802309451359_33885714_n.jpg

If you look at the picture clearly there is no fins on the supports!

fullthrottle4.png

Also look at the bottom of the Texas Star Flyer supports, they look alot different then the ones at SFMM. So I started looking at pictures of Skyrusch and boom... The bottom of SFMM supports look the same as the bottoms of Skyruch's supports.

They seem a little puny to be Intamin supports, especially when you compare them to the Skyrush supports, which look much denser. Unless these are for some other aspect of the ride.

Besides, isn't Full Throttle suppose to be a Premier Ride?

They seem a little puny to be Intamin supports, especially when you compare them to the Skyrush supports, which look much denser. Unless these are for some other aspect of the ride.

Besides, isn't Full Throttle suppose to be a Premier Ride?

We don't know yet, but since SFMM has worked with Intamin for the last 3 projects, they would probably work with Intamin on the fourth project. When I visit the park on Tuesday, I will check and see if there is anything new on site. I believe these could definitely be for Full Throttle. I think it would be interesting to see a colorful ride in the LJ area. This is just making me more and more excited for what's in store.

Yes! Awesome! This is gonna be a very exciting thread to watch. Interesting to know how these supports have appeared now that Lex Luthor is up and running. Albeit, very early already. All eyes on this. Could it be for 'Full Throttle'? or some flat ride? or a ride in Deja Vu's former spot? Only time will tell when we start seeing more supports, hopefully some REALLY BIG ones, And of course, the official announcement from Six Flags. Thanks to all you guys for keeping us SFMM coaster fanatics on top!

I'm thinking the supports are for some kind of flat ride. To colorful for a coaster and I don't think it is for the water park because of timing. Water park rides don't take that long to build and this one would be done probably right after the park closes for the season.

What irks me is that all the supports are the same length. Surely the coaster won't travel at one height (or a multiplier of one height, supports can be stacked) for a long enough period to warrant that many supports of the exact same height.

I initially thought of a launch track, but since this coaster is supposedly built to the terrain, even launch track supports would have different lengths to account for changes in topography...

I'm stumped

I initially thought of a launch track, but since this coaster is supposedly built to the terrain, even launch track supports would have different lengths to account for changes in topography...

It could just be a GIANT helix around the mountain!