TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

what would be nice is for them to get rid of that arcade bldg(Mining Town Arcade) next to Tatsu, across from Katy's Kettle...and either put a sally dark ride there, or even a top spin would be perfect there....

Does anyone know how LONG Goliath's drop is? I know its a 255 elevation difference, but doesn't the angle of the drop make the drop length somewhere around 300 feet?

(Think of it like this, a 1 mile long 10 foot first drop)

EDIT- Also, has anyone also noticed the new ACE signs at the park? There is an "ACE Coaster Classic" sign with a bunch of info next to Revoulution. And TV's in the lines have interviews with ACERS. It's strange, coaster enthusiasts lives shouldn't be exposed to the public like that. Embarrassing much?

"hi, sir what do you do for fun!"

"I...um...I ride and argue about roller coaster rides"

"oh...that's cool...I guess"

*goes blabbering on about airtime and G-Forces*

Edited by bagelsandwhich

Anyone carry a camera up the tower lately? Green Lantern updates are few and far between.

You can bribe me to go if you want!

McDonald's gift card?

A look would be great. Maybe not much has happened explaining the lack of updates from the park.

Does anyone know how LONG Goliath's drop is? I know its a 255 elevation difference, but doesn't the angle of the drop make the drop length somewhere around 300 feet?

(Think of it like this, a 1 mile long 10 foot first drop)

EDIT- Also, has anyone also noticed the new ACE signs at the park? There is an "ACE Coaster Classic" sign with a bunch of info next to Revoulution. And TV's in the lines have interviews with ACERS. It's strange, coaster enthusiasts lives shouldn't be exposed to the public like that. Embarrassing much?

"hi, sir what do you do for fun!"

"I...um...I ride and argue about roller coaster rides"

"oh...that's cool...I guess"

*goes blabbering on about airtime and G-Forces*

That plaque has been there for ages.

^^They stopped like four years ago!

People move on and get other hobbies sometimes.

People also get REALLY burned out on SFMM!

I'll go this week and get some pix of what's going on.

I know, I shouldn't have said anything... I am a posting whore until TPR reaches 1,000,000.

[Edit]: By the way, I totally understand about getting burned out. I go through phases of visiting all the time, then not going for months.

Edited by JJ728

A lack of flats has been a reoccurring theme on this Thread, and I just wanted to put out some of my ides of what SFMM can do to solve this problem. These are just dreams of what could possibly be done wit the availiable space. I think if these flats are marketed well, they could bring in just as many guests as a new roller coaster, except they're cheaper and take up less space.

I agree with almost all of these EXEPT the ones on the mtn, also by colossus, where you propose the top spin, is the shipping warehouse, so putting in a flat ride there is more expensive than one would imagine. When it comes to the top of the mtn, they have to be very careful thanks to sisemeic issues, making tall drop towers on the mouantian very epensive. While i agree it would be an epic ride, it would take ALOT of engineering. Better spot for a drop tower would be where the old freefall drop tower was by riddlers.

^Was that the Four Winds Steakhouse? Or was the Four Winds Steakhouse where Laughing Dragon is. I've never been in that building before.

The Laughing Dragon was the Four Winds Steakhouse. ... So anyone know?

~Nicholas

I have an old SFMM map from 1999, and it isn't listed, so it's been closed since before then. Sorry if it's not much help, but at least it reduces your time frame. Good luck!

My family first took me to the park in its debut year or shortly after. I don't trust those early memories, they aren't much more than impressions over several visits that I've likely confused over the years.

I have a sense of eating in a Chinese restaurant at the top of the mountain, and hopping the skyride to visit the Magic Pagoda. They were up there somewhere.

I don't remember the slow-moving dragon ride, but I most definitely recall Mountain Express, the mouse. It seemed huge back then. It's a shame they haven't had this style of family ride since.

I fondly remember Spilliken Corners, probably because my mother enjoyed the crafts so much. For me, it was all about the fresh-made candies. We'd ride the train or the monorail. It was a different kind of park back then. Through the lens of nostalgia it seems much more charming than the hard-edged thrill park that replaced it, although I do love the current collection.

I first went the year Riddler opened...the line, as I recall, took up the majority of my group's day...easily past four hours as my parents tell it.

Where did it go after it left the entrance? Did they have extension chains like they just did to Superman outside the fortress?

^^Are you sure that wasn't a recent 1-train Saturday?

Oh yeah, I remember when the line for Ninja extended all the way down the hill. You can still see the queue pole receptacles.

^^Are you sure that wasn't a recent 1-train Saturday?

Oh yeah, I remember when the line for Ninja extended all the way down the hill. You can still see the queue pole receptacles.

The longest I've seen is Tatsu's going out of the entrance all the way down the mountain to Cyclone Bay. Opening season 2006, Saturday in July!

^Cyclone Bay! That's crazy! You know, somebody was the last one to get in that line. I wonder about that - what it would take to get me to wait 4 or 5 hours for one attraction in a park filled with great rides.

^ It's funny, people spend 7-8 hrs in a park (paying full price) to spend 3 and a half of those precious hours in line for one ride!! That's why you wait till late season to visit, and get in a 30 min wait, then don't worry about it the rest of the day while you laugh at the pathetic people waiting in line. Okay, maybe that's just me, but you get the point!

Just out of curiosity, what was in this building before it closed? I looked online and found it to be called "Pagoda Bar". Is that correct, and if so, what did they serve and when did it close? Anybody no why?

I believe that used to be a snack stand back when Ninja was in its hayday, as there was a lot of traffic up there when Ninja opened and it was pretty busy on the mountain. I'm not sure, but I think it also sold Ninja gifts, as I have an old plastic Ninja mug from opening year that I'm pretty sure my mom purchased for me while I was riding.

The Laughing Dragon used to be the Four Seasons, I know that for sure.

Diamondback had waits of over 7 hours; For a B&M Hyper with great capacity.

Diamondback has never had anything close to a 7 hour wait. The longest was around 3-3.5 hours on opening day, stretching all the way around Diamondback to The Crypt.

(Not my video)