TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm going to assume that they sold the trains to another venue that still has a universal mobility monorail in service. Can't think of another reason why they would ship them off in a flatbed truck.

I hope this is what happend, I'd rather see them used for something instead of scrapped. Of course, since they had no plans to ever make it run again, scrapping it would be an option.

I have an image interpretation of perhaps why the metro (monorail) trains are being removed. I know they could being sent to be scrapped for cash, or donated to another park or fair. My theory is the space will be used for a Hurricane Harbor expansion for 2012. If you look at this image from GoogleEarth, you'll notice the only thing in this space that could be removed for space is the old metro storage station.

By removing the trains first, it gives them the space to really do some demo, tearing down the storage station without bringing harm to the trains. It would give the park more space for something new, perhaps in 2012. I am just guessing this space will eventually become something new either next year, or in 2013.

Here is an image of what the space should look like, once they demo the station, and level the surrounding areas, including the old Season Pass building, or is that still being used today? I don't know, but I think it all should be leveled, and use that entire space for something fresh, brand new.

And of course, we all know on the far left, where Yosemite Sam's Sierra Falls was located, will now be the home of Road Runner Express, opening soon this month.

I have another question, in this image below, what is this area used for? If this isn't being used for anything currently for the park, or park guests, why not see this leveled out, and become a new attraction area. I have no idea what this corner is, maybe somebody here knows. It's right next to Road Runner Express, and Colossus.

Tim

^ Correct, that is the picnic pavilion that is generally used for HH events, but was used for WCB 2009 because the other pavilion was under refurb (if I'm remembering correctly).

Thanks everyone, I had no idea what the area was used for, so I assume it may never be torn down, and the land can be used for some kind of attraction in the future.

Tim

I would lean more towards a Hurricane Harbor expansion in that general area. As for the monorails, it is sad to see them go. And although I would hate to see this happen, the track could come down soon, or it could be a few years. I'm sure they will leave it up until there is an addition added to the park that requires removal of a portion of the track. I would really like to see the park use the tunnel that travels directly through the hill. It would be a really cool coaster tunnel.

I say bring back Granny's Gran Prix and put it in that spot...I am a big fan of car rides....and they still need some place to put that sweet new Sally Corp dar ride that I still have faith that will eventually come to the park!

Not sure if anyone had heard about this yet....

Colossus Refurbishment - (4/25/11) Screamscape sources indicate that following the successful opening and transformation of the Texas Giant this past weekend, management has now set their eyes upon the next candidate for transformation. We’ve heard it rumored before, but now it seems like a good bet that Colossus at Magic Mountain will be the next woodie to ride the Iron Horse rail system. Much like the transformation of the Texas Giant, I’m told that the ideas they are planning for Colossus will be quite shocking and take it to the next level. Stay tuned!

http://screamscape.com/html/six_flags_magic_mountain.htm

(scroll down to bottom of page)

Green Lantern looks awesome!

I really don't think they are gonna spend the cash to referb Colossus, I mean they just did some retracking and it's pretty damn smooth. Granted they could reprofile it, but I don't think they could do as much as they did with Texas Giant.