TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^ Goliath isn't closed. Check out the rides list on the Magic Mt. home page. Batman The Ride is listed as closed, but Goliath isn't. Figuring June 5th is right after school lets out, the park will be packed, and they'll need every ride open that week, including Goliath.

So is Batman: The Ride just going to stay closed until construction ends shortly before Memorial Day?

Yes, this way they (M.M.) can accelerate the ride construction dramatically. Additional work will be going on at the Back Lot area too.

I thought everybody here would be interested in this link, with has 5 photos of the closed Gotham City area, and some photos of what's going on to the flat rides. If you scroll down within the comments, more photos of Green Lantern and Road Runner Express construction photos.

Tim

Thanks Tim for trying, but old news. I guess we've got to wait for the park to post new photos on their facebook page. Nothing new as of right now, since I just checked. Maybe someone will go up the sky tower, and give us an update since we can't see it.

Hi Alllll. I am an Ohio boy coming out to LA this month and plan on hitting SFMM. To be honest, I've never been to a SF park, so what is the best way to get a cheap ticket? I saw they can sell online for as low as $35. Is that the cheapest they get? is there a decent AAA discount there? How about soda cans or grocery receipts?

Online is probably your best bet. They generally have a deal if you bring a coke can.

The Coke can deal this year is $25 off general admission, so it is the same if you just bought it online. Plus you can save time by not being in the ticket line at the park.

Question about Flashpass: I just bought mine for my trip (first time!) in June and it says you can pay extra to reserve a seat on X2... Super excited to ride it but does anyone know exactly how much that extra charge is? And is it worth it? Just paid $161 for 3 person gold pass. Thanks!

I just bought one last week. It is now $15 per ride of X2 if you buy the flash pass. In other words, if you want to ride X2 twice, you will pay $30 extra. You only need a flashpass if you go on a busy day. On what day will you be visiting?

I'm going on Monday June 20th

I was randomly checking out the SFMM Facebook Page and came across an interesting topic. The Metro trains have finally left the park!

Just before 6 PM local time, the red and yellow trains were on the back of flatbed trucks on The Old Road headed for the freeway. Definitely caused a double-take as I was driving down the 5.

I was checking the facebook page too about the Metro Trains. Here's a link to The Coast Guy.com, with photos of the trucks hauling them away. I wonder, will they be tearing down the old Metro Station, and planning to build something on that location, and wonder if all the Metro Track throughout the park be removed. It should be interesting to watch for.

http://www.thecoasterguy.com/index.php/2011/05/03/the-metro-monorail-finally-removed-at-six-flags-magic-mountain/

-Tim

I'd love to see the track come down and the stations leveled. Now that the trains are gone, the whole thing should be removed properly, not SBNO track around the park. We'll see if that happens... Glad to see that something is finally happening with it.

I only went on Metro once, and from what I can remember (when I was only 4 or 5) the ride was kind of crappy, and the trains were kind of beat up (again, this was 10-11 years ago, and I might be mixing up my memories with the monorail in Seattle). Oh well, at least hardcore monorail enthusiasts don't have anything to whine about anymore.

I'd love to see the track come down and the stations leveled. Now that the trains are gone, the whole thing should be removed properly, not SBNO track around the park. We'll see if that happens... Glad to see that something is finally happening with it.

Call me one of those holding hope for a train rebuild. I do remember when one of the Disneyland monorail trains was shown leaving before they released the MKVII train designs. It was always a nice way to get halfway up the hill. If they could get it to run on its own like a real metro system then it would cost very little to maintain. But i do also realize its prolly nothing and the track is to be scrapped for the steel and some extra cash.

Call me one of those holding hope for a train rebuild. I do remember when one of the Disneyland monorail trains was shown leaving before they released the MKVII train designs. It was always a nice way to get halfway up the hill. If they could get it to run on its own like a real metro system then it would cost very little to maintain. But i do also realize its prolly nothing and the track is to be scrapped for the steel and some extra cash.

My statements above reflect the fact that the ride has been SBNO for 10 years. I think there is no way that Six Flags would ever try to get it to run again, unless they completely rebuilt it. Since I don't think there was a chance it would ever run again, I'm glad to see something is happening, which brings them closer to removing it.

I don't think anything I said makes sense. I've been awake for over a day...

Hadn't it been already mentioned that the park had no plans to ever get it going again and the reason it had not been completely removed already was due to the cost involved?

Yeah but that prolly does not factor into the current cost of recycled steel. that much steel and the control system prolly would have some value to a good scrap metal firm. They prolly wont remove all the track either, just the stuff thats easy and in visible sight lines. they will prolly leave the track under S:EFK and above areas of log jammer and in the tunnel and take the easier stuff around BBL and TMD during off days when they can cut it out quick. if they are selling for scrap, thats what i would do.

I'm going to assume that they sold the trains to another venue that still has a universal mobility monorail in service. Can't think of another reason why they would ship them off in a flatbed truck.