TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^I want to say it was around $10 extra per person per ride.

FYI, it's being reported that the Gotham City Area of the park is now completely closed off for it's transformation and opening of Green Lantern. I'm assuming this means Batman and the other rides in the area will now be closed until Green Lantern opens.

Anyone know more?

Question about Flashpass: I just bought mine for my trip (first time!) in June and it says you can pay extra to reserve a seat on X2... Super excited to ride it but does anyone know exactly how much that extra charge is? And is it worth it? Just paid $161 for 3 person gold pass. Thanks!

I just bought one last week. It is now $15 per ride of X2 if you buy the flash pass. In other words, if you want to ride X2 twice, you will pay $30 extra. You only need a flashpass if you go on a busy day. On what day will you be visiting?

Ok, so you see that X2 was barely even worth the wait.

Apocalypse was a 3 hour wait. One train operation. To me, that is an absolute outrage.

My friend went Saturday and said they had one train on Scream and Gold Rusher as well?? Tatsu's second train was malfunctioning as well, so it was down to one train. Can anyone confirm this? (My friends fall into the "GP" category FYI ).

They had a Platinum Flash Pass, so no waiting for them. The Riddler's line was supposedly out the entrance to the gas station and the X2 line was on the bridge all day.

^I believe it. Sucks, but this past Saturday is one of the busier days of the year (probably the busiest day of the year so far) and the park is not really in 'Summer Mode' yet so you get really horrific wait times.

I don't mind one-train operation when the park is dead empty (the best time! )

But seriously. During Spring Break!? The lines are long enough as it is, why make it longer by having 6 rides in one train operation? (not counting De Ja Vu and Superman, duh )

Also I want to point out that on sunday, no rides broke down. Only problem was on X2, someone had trouble getting out of her seat and stalled the line for 8 minutes.

But seriously. During Spring Break!? The lines are long enough as it is, why make it longer by having 6 rides in one train operation? (not counting De Ja Vu and Superman, duh )

I think Superman had sketchy operations through March, but it seems to be up and running good and consistent now. With both tracks running, the wait moves pretty fast by Superman standards.

And about Gotham City being closed for construction, it might be true. My friends said they did not get on Batman (or even go close to that area) during their visit because it was unavailable on the Flash Pass. I don't know if that means anything, but I wouldn't be surprised. Also, the wait for Apocalypse was at 2.5 hours when they walked in, with all three switchback sections filled and a backed up preshow...

They could keep Batman open and pull a Disney, which means putting up a 10 foot wide path way with wooden construction walls on both sides (cough, CA Adventure, cough) to funnel you to the rides...

Magic Mountain Update - Monday 4/25/11 - my last since I'm flying home to Florida tonight.

The entire back lot to Gotham City has been closed. Batman is closed until further notice. They put up barriers at the entry of the "Back Lot" to stop everyone. The reason for this as I was told, they will be constructing Green Lantern non-stop to get it complete very fast. No construction action as of my departure at 5:30 today. I viewed it from the sky tower. I was also told they would be working on this 24/7. We'll see... Also that whole area will be renamed - DC Universe. I heard this on the prerecorded message going up to the top of the sky tower.

Also a little excitement for security at the Mountain today. Security was notified of "pot smokers" near Tatsu this afternoon. The "bust" was made outside of Riddler's at around 4. What great police work!!!

The park was very empty today, so I got a lot of rides. Goodbye SoCal...

^This is good news! Is the retaining wall completely sealed (like wood?). So you can't see through?

You are correct. The wall is at least 7' tall. You can see the progress from the sky tower or ride Riddler on the left side of the train before the first drop.

Picture below of the wall in Gotham and the completed Road Runner Express

I'm hoping this means they may finally do some work on the Round-Up? Maybe this is why Atom Smasher has had such a long rehab, it's being re-themed? One can hope.

As for Road Runner, I know it's a Roller-Skater, and a pretty quiet ride, but is it too close to SFHH? People are still going to be screaming while on the ride, and I know noise has been a complaint of Life Guards for years there.

As for crowds yesterday, it wasn't as empty as I thought it would be, but it was still not busy. Got two rides on Tatsu when the park opened, crew seemed a bit better, but not as good as they should be. Gold Rusher 2 trains on the track, but only filling one (not an issue, there were like 4 other people on the train with us). Riddlers was a walk-on for the front row. Colossus about a 10 minute wait, Goliath 5 minutes, Superman about 15-20. People waiting for the front don't know how to get out of the way.

Rode Roaring Rapids for the first time since it's rehab, it looks great. They did some great work on the boats.

Also, for those of you in SoCal, KROQ is doing another of their KROQ nights this Friday.

Here are the pics:

209125_1799583223576_1059632064_31708627_3238246_o.thumb.jpg.948aa3788d6ca5f58abfc397e808bac5.jpg

Closed Gotham

RREX.jpg.872dfd2a35fdf277d10152d0f2f7cd93.jpg

Road Runner Express

Thanks for the pictures. It is really cool to see Roadrunner finally finished. I was just thinking yesterday how it seems funny to have two kid coasters themed to roadrunner. I thought it would be cool to name this one after Speedy Gonzalez. Oh well. It's too bad they have to close the whole Gotham area, but I'm sure that corner of the park will look really nice by the end of this summer.

Now if they would just redevelop the Baja Ridge and "Cyclone Bay" area of the park(desperate need of new buildings...and a flat). A sweet flat up by Viper(tear down Panda and move it over to the top queue area of Revolution which is major dead space), that would be good...