TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm wondering if were going to see a delay till summer of 2012 for Green Lantern to actually open....like with RRE(0bviously, hopefully not relocating it) but for whatever reason RRE had to wait, perhaps Green Lantern is meeting a same dilemma.

Movie doesn't open till June 17, so they probably figure they have a 'backup date' in case it doesn't get done for Memorial Day.

Speaking of Green Lantern I saw a trailer for the movie today (hadn't seen one before or paid attention) and it actually almost looked good. I demand Ryan Reynolds at the opening of the ride!

Just got home after my first day with a gold pass. It was amazing. I am spoiled now. I will never accept waiting 2 hours for a ride anymore. Next goal is a VIP pass at Cedar Point.

Anyone here ever get a VIP pass at Magic Mountain?

I still have 4 VIP passes (State Farm VIP for a day sweepstakes.) to use at SFMM, or SFDK ( <---Yeah right LOL). I dont plan on using them until after all the coasters are open this year. So july or august. So farm im taking me, my dad (ride to socal) my friend and possibly/hopefully my older brother. All i know is that front of the line passes all day seem like a good deal. Then again for 249.99 a pop it's pretty expensive. Each ticket amounts to a season pass for 5 years.

So far if I was coming to vist SFMM from Europe I would totally buy a VIP pass hands down. Of course if I was going to do that I would do a visit around West Coast Bash. Robb and Six Flags seemingly know how to have a really good time.

I'm planning on visiting the park sometime during the week of June 13th-June 17th (regardless of whether Green Lantern opens or not), but I'm not really sure which of those days would be best. I can choose any day from Monday through Friday and the park looks to have the same operating hours each day, so what do you guys think? How will the crowds be that week and would the middle of the week be less crowded than the beginning or end? I haven't been to the park since last May so I am really looking forward to getting back!

I'm planning on visiting the park sometime during the week of June 13th-June 17th (regardless of whether Green Lantern opens or not), but I'm not really sure which of those days would be best. I can choose any day from Monday through Friday and the park looks to have the same operating hours each day, so what do you guys think? How will the crowds be that week and would the middle of the week be less crowded than the beginning or end? I haven't been to the park since last May so I am really looking forward to getting back!

Those 5 days shouldn't be too bad. The only concern will be if there will be school field trips those days, which are imposible to predict. And crowd levels will be more of a matter of hitting the right rides at the right time, than the entire park being just crowded or empty. But the friday will most likely be the most crowded of the five days.

X2's audio worked for us 2 weeks ago ... can you actually hear it other than the lift hill and the end anyway?
Has anyone noticed that X2's audio hasn't been working.

Just rode it the other day and it worked fine for me...

Huh. I rode it a couple of days ago and it wasn't working.

I still have 4 VIP passes (State Farm VIP for a day sweepstakes.) to use at SFMM, or SFDK ( <---Yeah right LOL). I dont plan on using them until after all the coasters are open this year. So july or august. So farm im taking me, my dad (ride to socal) my friend and possibly/hopefully my older brother. All i know is that front of the line passes all day seem like a good deal. Then again for 249.99 a pop it's pretty expensive. Each ticket amounts to a season pass for 5 years.

Magic Mountain VIP passes are now $300, so which is even better for you. Cedar Point VIP passes are $350 and do not include food or drinks.

On Magic Mountains FACEBOOK page, they posted current pics of Green Lantern...they definitely are working on it, looks to me like they have a very good start on the station already up and going. So progress is being made.

I logged on a couple minutes ago and BEHOLD!!!

Well with this sudden activity going around Green Latern. It would be safe to say the park plans on having it open this summer, or else they wouldn't be doing anything. Now it seems that its a matter of "when is it going to open this summer". Not "is it going to open this summer".