TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

A comment was left on my blog by someone who says his dad is on the construction management team and that July 27th is the target opening day for Green Lantern, however SFMM would like to open sooner if at all possible. He also mentioned that they just found out that a piece of the ride is missing, possibly creating a delay.

Well that can be frustrating. I wonder what piece is missing?

Any rides closed today? I am going tomorrow

Nope. See you tommorow.

At the park right now. Some interesting things happening.

1) Some weird looking black poles are going up at the GL site. NOT SUPPORTS!

2) RRE track is starting to be placed.

Take some pics if you can

I am! Sorry if I don't have them at the moment.

1) Some weird looking black poles are going up at the GL site. NOT SUPPORTS!

Could they possibly be framwork for the station or roof for the queue.

Thats what I'm starting to think.

^ Sounds like a platinum day no less. Honestly, how could one have a good time at a park that crowded without a flashpass?

One of my friends is heading to the park this Saturday. I told her good luck...

Just got home after my first day with a gold pass. It was amazing. I am spoiled now. I will never accept waiting 2 hours for a ride anymore. Next goal is a VIP pass at Cedar Point.

Anyone here ever get a VIP pass at Magic Mountain?

Just out of curiosity, are we getting ahead of ourselves on the park index? From the 'Park Guide' section:

In 2011 SFMM regained the title including the addition of America's first Intamin Zac Spin, The Green Lantern. A recent refurb also has turned Superman The Escape into Superman: Krypton Coaster providing the option of being launched forwards or backwards.

Just got home after my first day with a gold pass. It was amazing. I am spoiled now. I will never accept waiting 2 hours for a ride anymore. Next goal is a VIP pass at Cedar Point.

Anyone here ever get a VIP pass at Magic Mountain?

How much is a gold pass? I am going May 5th. It's my first time and I am driving from Vegas

Just out of curiosity, are we getting ahead of ourselves on the park index? From the 'Park Guide' section:
In 2011 SFMM regained the title including the addition of America's first Intamin Zac Spin, The Green Lantern. A recent refurb also has turned Superman The Escape into Superman: Krypton Coaster providing the option of being launched forwards or backwards.

Not only that, but I'm sure Fiesta Texas would be surprised to learn that SFMM stole their floorless and can run it forwards or backwards depending on riders' preference.

How much is a gold pass? I am going May 5th. It's my first time and I am driving from Vegas

Price depends on how many people you bring with you. But it's around $60 per person.

May 5th is a school day, so it is possible you will not need a flash pass, but there are no guarantees.

For May 5th, don't waste your money on a Flashpass. Weekdays in May are usually dead empty unless schools have field trips to the park, which usually happen more toward the end of the month. The main reason the park is only open till 6 PM is because park management doesn't think there will be alot of people in the park. Though crowd levels are very hard to predict, I would expect the majority (if not all) of the rides to be walkons for May 5th.