TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^^As long as it's running that's the only rumble you need. SFMM has done a fine job keeping this one running so I'm happy with that. If it takes a 3 month rehab annually to keep it in the park for years to come then I'm all for it.

Well, in my defense, I normally wouldn't pick Wendy's but "Somebody" wanted a Frosty.

There's a non-upcharge Wendy's less than 5 minutes away at Newhall Ranch & Copper Hill. Newhall Ranch goes across the 5 and becomes the 126, so that's actually on your way back to Camarillo from SFMM.

^^As long as it's running that's the only rumble you need. SFMM has done a fine job keeping this one running so I'm happy with that. If it takes a 3 month rehab annually to keep it in the park for years to come then I'm all for it.

I think it was down since the end of October this year.

Easily 6 months+ rehab window!

But SFMM did say it was taking longer this year because of a new lift cable, but wow, that's sure a long time.

What rides will be under rehab when I go in June 5th ? When Green lantern be pen ?

Green Lantern, as of its state of construction right now, seems really behind. Its supposed to be open Memorial Day weekend.

^Possibly longer than 3 months, but my point is........however long it takes to rehab, I'm all for it if it keeps it in the park.

As am I.

On a side note, I have seen the DJ's in line that they talked about at WCB. It was in the evening and they had one in the Tatsu line (smart, one train op). He seemed to be keeping the crowd somewhat amused, brought a couple people up, sang happy birthday to a 16 year old, and played some songs that you'd probably hear on KIIS 102.7 or 97.1. Overall, a good thing to see!

Anyone going this weekend? Curious to see if they've started any vertical construction on Green Lantern. Memorial Day is looking less and less likely at this point.

I was at the Mountain today. No vertical construction yet / still. They were working on the fake building fronts today?? BJ BBQ is open finally. It smelled okay, but not as good as the place there last year. The prices are typical for 6 Flags (read: expensive). They even offer Tri-tip dinners. I wonder the wisdom of having dinner at 6 Flags and riding. That especially true of their new "spin & puke" - Green Lantern. I'll try the pulled pork sandwich (no wise cracks about pulled pork) tomorrow when I'm there again and report in.

Some of the track for the family coaster was being moved to outside Colossus. It's behind the fence so you can't see it from the parking lot. I guess that's good news that at least some new coaster is being worked on. Even with no construction on Green Lantern, I'm sure it will go up fast.

FYI - In 2009 Insane at Grona Lund went vertical with first supports installed on February 13 and first track on February 14. The ride had its media day on April 21. That ride went up FAST. So at this point with still no vertical construction on Green Lantern I can't see it opening by Memorial Day. Granted Grona Lund had much more difficult weather and location to deal with but still, not convinced we'll see GL running Memorial Day Weekend.

A comment was left on my blog by someone who says his dad is on the construction management team and that July 27th is the target opening day for Green Lantern, however SFMM would like to open sooner if at all possible. He also mentioned that they just found out that a piece of the ride is missing, possibly creating a delay.

Well on the park's facebook page, someone posted a photo of Road Runner Express's supports starting to go up. So it looks like one of the coasters might still be ready for memorial day.

Yes, I was at the Mountain again today - Sunday. The black and white supports for Road Runner Express are going up. That just happened since Saturday afternoon. I'm guessing today.

I did go to JB's BBQ and was very unimpressed. I said yesterday that it didn't smell as good outside at the actual BBQ. The food wasn't good either. You get kettle chips with your meal and already, mine were stale! They just opened yesterday, how can that be? My pulled pork was marginal at best, but even that can be made much better by some GOOD BBQ SAUCE. No on that one too. I can say I enjoyed my Diet Coke. I won't be back that those 6 Flags prices.