TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I don't understand how that is a comeback to my response? Perhaps I should shorten mine:

"Just stay in the park because it is easier, and easier makes a day more fun."

Mooseburger Lodge serves up a fine meal for under $20 per person, with free refills.

I was just messing with you, dude. And I didn't know Panda Express was only $10.

Besides, I could stand to lose a few pounds off my 41 year old belly. In fact, when I visit Vegas, I eat one buffet a day and nothing else all day. Maybe I will just pig out before MM and then stop eating. I don't get sick on coasters.

Now if only I could figure out how to ride Revolution without hitting my head.

I plan on getting the platinum pass and leaving the park during lunch time to drive and get something to eat. So are you guys saying I should just eat in the park? I have not been to Cali in 5 years I would like to get my jacks on there will be 5 of us . Second question when I order I do choose platinum and select 5 people right not just 5 different flashpasses. If my math is right it's coming to 409.00 which means about 80.00 each

If this was any other place I'd understand but really...leaving the park for WENDY'S!!?!?! If you're going to leave the park, it's less than a mile farther to hit any number of decent fast food places that are not overcharging and more importantly are NOT Wendy's!!!

Less than .5 mile from Wendy's

Jimmy Deans

Tommy's

Jack in the Box

Del Taco

McDonalds

Subway

Then if you're willing to go about a mile you've pretty much got EVERYTHING ELSE imaginable.

If this was any other place I'd understand but really...leaving the park for WENDY'S!!?!?! If you're going to leave the park, it's less than a mile farther to hit any number of decent fast food places that are not overcharging and more importantly are NOT Wendy's!!!

Worked at Wendy's summer of '99 and haven't stepped foot in one since. I'd rather starve.

Edited by DJeXeL

I plan on getting the platinum pass and leaving the park during lunch time to drive and get something to eat. So are you guys saying I should just eat in the park? I have not been to Cali in 5 years I would like to get my jacks on there will be 5 of us . Second question when I order I do choose platinum and select 5 people right not just 5 different flashpasses. If my math is right it's coming to 409.00 which means about 80.00 each

If you have 5 people, and you want to save money, just have ONE of you get the food and bring it back. The one person can walk to your car, transfer your food from your cooler to a disposable bag, and bring it to the park entrance for everyone to eat there. Or the one person can make a fast food run and bring it to the main gate.

An ideal person to get the food would be someone who is too wimpy to go on some of the rides.

Or call Valencia restaurants to see which ones are willing to deliver to the Magic Mountain main gate.

The more people you have, the more sense it makes to get your food outside the park.

Do Flash Passes at SFMM really sell out that fast? I always just get them when I get to any other park.

P.S. How do you think the crowds will be on June 20th?

They seem to sell out online one or two days ahead of time, but I am guessing you can buy one at the park if you buy one as soon as the park opens. I am guessing they limit the number of flashpasses online. I would buy one 3 days before your visit after checking the weather forecast.

June 20th is during school summer break, so I am guessing the crowds will be pretty bad.

So when buying the flashpass just select platinum 5 people right not 5 different platinum flash passes

Correct. You only need one flashpass device for 5 people.

Edited by mike932

Thanks for the heads up appreciate all the help but does all of leaving the park to go get food really take up that much time? I thought since we had the platinum we wouldn't have to worry about taking a hour off for lunch since we got that pass. Thanks for help

Thanks for the heads up appreciate all the help but does all of leaving the park to go get food really take up that much time? I thought since we had the platinum we wouldn't have to worry about taking a hour off for lunch since we got that pass. Thanks for help

It probably does take a lot of time. Walk to your car. Drive to restaurant. Eat. Drive back. Look for a parking spot. Walk back to the entrance. Just have one person get food for everyone else.

So with the flashpass it cuts time by 90percent ?

If you are going Sunday June 5th, the flash pass is very likely to be worth it. Personally, I am choosing Gold over Platinum because riding rides twice in a row really angers other people waiting on line.

Go to yelp.com and read the reviews for Six Flags Magic Mountain. They are very informative.

So with the flashpass it cuts time by 90percent ?

If you are going Sunday June 5th, the flash pass is very likely to be worth it. Personally, I am choosing Gold over Platinum because riding rides twice in a row really angers other people waiting on line.

Go to yelp.com and read the reviews for Six Flags Magic Mountain. They are very informative.

I thought the gold only cuts wait by 50 percent though . I can care less who gets mad I paid for it so dnt get upset.

http://www.sixflags.com/magicMountain/tickets/flashpass.aspx

They don't usually advertise what the actual percentage is and keep in mind they can manually (very easily) change it whenever they want.

I would never NOT get a fast pass system due to 'making the other people angry in line'. That's just ridiculous. You paid for it, you're entitled. They didn't pay, they're not!

They don't usually advertise what the actual percentage is and keep in mind they can manually (very easily) change it whenever they want.

I would never NOT get a fast pass system due to 'making the other people angry in line'. That's just ridiculous. You paid for it, you're entitled. They didn't pay, they're not!

So does the platinum cut more time then the gold or is it the same with the benefit of riding 2 times?

I agree with you, but personally, I would enjoy it more just to ride it once and then come back later. I wasn't bashing people who get the platinum.