TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm not sure I would say Deja Vu is "going along just fine", but they have done a pretty good job with it. Even still, I would have liked to hear what Tim has to say about it. Things like an indoor queue, interactive screens, clever theming, will go a long way to help with the two and a half hour wait times.

The phrase "all things considered" was also implied.

Edited by FeelTheFORCE

I'm amazed "the Mountain" has been open everyday this week (for the first time this season), and there's been only 1 post here on this forum. I guess everyone is on their best behavior I'll be back this weekend (& next) riding (I hope) like crazy...

Does anyone know when Deja Vu is reopening??? Their website just says it's temporarily closed.

I'm amazed "the Mountain" has been open everyday this week (for the first time this season),and there's been only 1 post here on this forum.

Well if they ain't talkin' 'bout you, you must be doing something right. I remember that "off" day Robb did a PTR that spawned into like 6-7 pages of complaints. But if everything's going well, no one compliments. I guess this is a case of silence being golden...

...The sweet sound of silence...

Anyone been to the park this week?

I was at the park today. I flew cross country and was at the Mountain a little after noon. I headed immediately for Goliath upon entry. It proceeded to go down hard as I headed into the queue line. It came back up in less than an hour.

Still no vertical work being completed on Green Lantern. There were workers there, but not much progress since I last saw it 2 weeks ago.

Not too bad of a visit since it was physics day again. I got 18 rides in on this beautiful day in So Cal. The kiddie train area (I don't know what it's renamed now) old Thomas Town is reopened. Still no work on the BBQ place outside of Riddlers.

I guess tonight is employee day. They get to ride Superman, Apocalypse and Dive Devil, so I'm told tonight after 7. At least this time they'll have nice weather to play themselves.

One last observation. The line for Superman was out the building for most of the afternoon. I could see it from the Goldrusher lift hill. They were only running the right side, until about 5pm, then they were running both sides intermittently.

^The park has had it like that for the last couple of years. Don't know why they do have it like that. I think it would be easier for the general public to find a ride based on location rather than thrill rating. I had never understood how Goldrusher is considered a moderate thrill wereas Ninja is a thrill seeker in training. And also I think it's weird that they have Superman as a moderate thrill even with its new configuration. But mabey I'm looking too deep into this, and it is afterall just a map.

There is a few things I noticed on the map. First Green Latern's supports appear to be brown. Second they have the Flash and Wonder Woman's Golden Lasso listed on there. They have the new show for the Magic Moments Theater called "My Generation". Along with appears to be a show for the the Golden Bear theater called "Suggestions". The action theater appears that it will not be used this summer. And finally, I wonder what the heck Rhythm of the Night is. My guess is that it might be a Glow in the Park like parade or some kinda lazer show. Personally I hope that it is firework show, but I don't think that would be very likely.

After my post yesterday, I remembered a few other items I observed while there.

1. Smurf Movie posters in the Apocalypse loading platform and in the queue. How does this fit with its new theme???

2. New large Spring Break banners posted in a few locations in the park.

3. Setup for pre-opening (large chair and platform) in the entry area. They used this to "try to entertain" the guests before they open the gates to the plaza the past few seasons. I'll see this morning if they use it on weekends.

4. They were test running 1 train on Collosus yesterday - Friday. Still some work going on, but at least around noon one train ran several circuits.

^The park has had it like that for the last couple of years. Don't know why they do have it like that. I think it would be easier for the general public to find a ride based on location rather than thrill rating. I had never understood how Goldrusher is considered a moderate thrill wereas Ninja is a thrill seeker in training. And also I think it's weird that they have Superman as a moderate thrill even with its new configuration. But mabey I'm looking too deep into this, and it is afterall just a map.

There is a few things I noticed on the map. First Green Latern's supports appear to be brown. Second they have the Flash and Wonder Woman's Golden Lasso listed on there. They have the new show for the Magic Moments Theater called "My Generation". Along with appears to be a show for the the Golden Bear theater called "Suggestions". The action theater appears that it will not be used this summer. And finally, I wonder what the heck Rhythm of the Night is. My guess is that it might be a Glow in the Park like parade or some kinda lazer show. Personally I hope that it is firework show, but I don't think that would be very likely.

Humm, that is weird. When I was at the park in '07, they still had the rides by section. I guess that I have never noticed it change. All of the other parks I've been to go by location though...

I was at the park today. It ended up a very busy day, but I got my rides in early and left at 2. I may return later since they're open tonight until 9.

Tatsu (my normal first ride) was delayed opening, so I headed to Superman. I got 6 rides immediately on the right side. Three of them I didn't need to get out of my seat. Sup's running great!

Collosus is now running the right side again. I noticed a significant improvement in the ride. Not sure how long that will last, but I was even brave enough to ride in the last car. I enjoyed it with no pain, but personally I prefer the front.

Flash and Wonder Woman are re-theme's of the flats in (former) Gotham City aren't they? thought I read that somewhere.

AT WCB, They mentioned the new show for the Magic Moments theater would be a lazer, music and lights show ("My generation?), and that one would also be put on the fountains in the front of the park. (Rhythm of the Night?) Those would be my guesses.

One other thing on my 6 Superman rides today. Two of them were races and one of them was a "fly - by." What a fly - by is the ride ops ready both trains to go. One gets launched first and they time the second train launch so that the first train is returning down off the vertical drop as you're about to go up. You pass each other at 200 MPH! That is really amazing...

Flash and Wonder Woman are re-theme's of the flats in (former) Gotham City aren't they? thought I read that somewhere.

AT WCB, They mentioned the new show for the Magic Moments theater would be a lazer, music and lights show ("My generation?), and that one would also be put on the fountains in the front of the park. (Rhythm of the Night?) Those would be my guesses.

No i think I remember it being something called electric kiss? i don't know. Maybe i'm high.

Off topic, but it looks like SFFMM appears in the movie "Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer."

Goliath appears a 1:15.

EDIT: Sorry if the video doesn't pop up. Don't know how to do that.

EDIT: Fixed it

Edited by SFMM fanboy