TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Can someone please help me out. I am looking at an Amtrak trip to Santa Clarita-from San Jose,CA which I would have to go on 2 Amtrak busses & 1 train & end up at this Amtrak bus station: 24300 Railroad Avenue, Santa Clarita. Does anyone know how far that station is from SFMM? & What transportation do you recommend getting from that station to SFMM? & Is the Hilton Garden Inn the only hotel within walking distance of SFMM?

I could go on and on about what a great time I had at the SFMM day of WCB, but most, if not all, of what I could say has already been posted. That said, THANK YOU SFMM and TPR for another epic event. My personal highlight of the event was Batman with the fog and lights. It was awesome to ride and to just look at. As cool as it was right near the ride itself, it looked great from Riddler's lift hill as well. I really do hope this becomes a permanent part of WCB and/or the FrightFest lineup.

My son, Kevin, is pretty good at putting videos together. He took quite a few pictures and a lot of video during both days of WCB and he's either going to register on TPR and coastertube himself and post up his video when it's done, or I'll link it up in a future post.

Thank you again Robb, Elissa, all the TPR ASSistants, and SFMM for making our day simply unforgettable.

^^

Can someone please help me out. I am looking at an Amtrak trip to Santa Clarita-from San Jose,CA which I would have to go on 2 Amtrak busses & 1 train & end up at this Amtrak bus station: 24300 Railroad Avenue, Santa Clarita. Does anyone know how far that station is from SFMM? & What transportation do you recommend getting from that station to SFMM? & Is the Hilton Garden Inn the only hotel within walking distance of SFMM?
You can take the bus to the park.

http://www.santaclaritatransit.com/Index.aspx?page=3

Bus 1&2, 4&14 to McBean Transit Center. Then Take the 3 or 7 bus to the park.

And Hilton Garden Inn is a 10-15min walk from the park as is Holliday Inn Express and Best Western.

1st - Welcome to TPR

2nd - While no one can predict the crowds, we can speak from experience. It'll be decently crowded due to some schools being out for Spring Break already. I would invest in a Flash Pass if you're pressed for time and/or have little patience. If you aren't pressed for time and/or don't want to invest in a Flash Pass then my advice would be to arrive at the park at approximately 9:30am so that you can be at the gate when they open.

My route whenever I go to the park is as follows: X2, Tatsu, Deja Vu, Termipocalypse, Riddler's, Batman, Goliath, Scream. Add in S:EFK between X2 and Tatsu or between Tatsu and Deja Vu. Once I've done that I add in Ninja, Goldrusher, Viper, any water attractions etc.....Yes, I'm aware that my method will require a little back tracking but the 1st 4 attractions I mentioned will have the longest lines especially if Tatsu is still running 1 train. (It shouldn't, but plan like it will be)

Hope this helps. We will expect to see some pictures when you return from your visit

hi everyone this is my first post.

one question.

i'm planning a trip to SFMM on April 9th , i'm wondering which rides will be open, and how crowded will be?

it's a saturday by the way.

tnks

If you are not able to get there at opening, take the backwards route - Goliath, Riddler, Batman, Apocalypse, etc. Then back over to Scream/Colossus whenever (they don't ever get too busy.

Then, head back toward the front for X2, Tatsu, Viper, and Revolution.

At 10:30, almost everyone will head toward X2 or Tatsu - like the running of the bulls - seriously!

When I got off of X2 at 10:35 after WCB, the line was down the bridge (a few hours long), and people were all breathing hard. They ran from the front gate..

Yeah.

@Alonsolpz

^^^ Overall, I recommend bits of what the guy before me said. Sometimes I arrive at the front gate at about 10:40am-ish. By then, that's way too late to go to X2 first and if you do go to X2 first anyway, that's a stupid decision, because you could spend this precious time riding and getting in rides with no lines elsewhere.

If you enter the park around 10:40ish or later, go to Goliath first and ride the rides in the particular order... i.e., Goliath, Scream!, Colosus, Batman, Riddler's, so on so forth.

If you get to the park early, then I guess going to X2 is good. I personally never get to the park early, to be one of the first people in the gate.

If i were to though, and perhaps if I was on one of the first trains dispatched on X2 then I would be all for it and think everyone else should do that as well.

For my strategy, I always skip X2 and head to Tatsu first. (All the crowd thinks you're supposed to ride X2 first and so they all go in mass numbers to that ride. Me, meanwhile, I just ride Tatsu twice, then get two rides in of Terminator (Apoc) and two rides of Deja Vu. Then I head over to Superman, now SEFK and get a ride in with that. Then Ninja. Then back down the hill to Goldrusher. From there Riddler's and maybe Tidal Wave. From there, Batman: The Ride, and then Scream! and Colosus. Lastly, Goliath. Then I take a break.

Worry about X2, Revolution, Viper, and water rides later on in the day. Revolution's line will become nonexistant and so will Vipers, in my experience. And X2's line will probably be shorter than what it was at say 10:50 am-ish anyway.

Just my experience of course.

When I got off of X2 at 10:35 after WCB, the line was down the bridge (a few hours long), and people were all breathing hard. They ran from the front gate..

Yeah.

lol.. Imagine my surprise on my first visit to SFMM last June. I was just figuring that everyone would power walk to it thinking running wouldn't be allowed so I thought I would be fine. As the gate opened I realized people started to jog and go quicker so I had to either redo my plan in my head or run. I decided to run and ended up on the first train of the day, but the ride op was laughing his butt of at me since I was so out of breath.

jayray21 wrote:

As we went up the hill you could clearly see the raindrops flying down at 100+ mph (yes science geeks I know the drops aren't going 100, but you know what I mean), and then it looked like something from the Matrix. The raindrops very slowly stopped falling until they were dead stopped in front of your for a split second. Then, they very slowly reversed direction and started slamming into your face at reverse speed.

Best description of S:EFK in the rain. We got one of the last rides before they closed it down due to rain. The ride ran amazing. I just remember being up there weightless and everything seemed to pause. It was a really cool experience. Now I wanna try 104mph forward. Thankyou so much for putting together this awesome event. It was A LOT of fun.

So at WCB, Tim Burkhart said that he rode the New Texas Giant, and he loved it. He also said that he would like to try to apply this onto Colossus, with some original style. He made it sound like it could definitely be a possibility. That was one of the highlights of the Q&A this year.

^He said he had some ideas in store for colossus. Also, I asked If we'd ever see a drop tower at SFMM anytime soon. Tim and Neal just looked at eachother with a suprised expression, and tim grabbed another question card and never answered my Q. Probably because they weren't aloud to answer that question... hmmmm....

Wow tnks for the tips.

i´ll be riding with an almost first timer... ("almost" because she went like 9 years ago and some of the rides didn´t exist at the time) so i think my first choice will be the viper then apocalypse, deja vu, riddlers, batman, tatsu (and maybe SEFK), X2, Scream, goliath... i hope to manage to ride those...

for me the viper it´s a must first, i just love viper...

i have no idea at what time i´m going to arrive, because i´m leaving at 6 am from tijuana and it depends on the traffic in the border and LA.

yep im from tijuana mexico... so excuse me if i have a bad english...

^^Weren't the Green Lantern cars up against the back Apocalypse fence, or were those for the almost Mr Six? It's hard to tell when you're flying by on Pocky.

Yes, those are the Intamin trains for Green Lantern along side "Pocky." You also saw a lot of the ride's track stored there too. Don't forget "Buttman" and Superman face down in the sand out there.

Please someone tell me Viper is NOT leaving!!! I hope it never leaves because it's cousin at SFGA is gone. I LOOOVE Viper along with every single coaster at SFMM!!! All of SFMM coasters are some favorites!!! & Robb & Elissa I hope oneday you do ALL DAY ERT at SFMM where TPR has the whole entire park to themselves!!! I'll be there in a flash!!!

Edited by greatamerica1990sfan

Please someone tell me Viper is NOT leaving!!! I hope it never leaves because it's cousin at SFGA is gone. I LOOOVE Viper along with every single coaster at SFMM!!! All of SFMM coasters are some favorites!!!

Viper isn't going anywhere as of right now.

After just having read another thread where someone didn't have a very good time at the Mountain recently, I thought I'd like to balance that with what I observed last weekend.

I'm sorry for not mentioning it sooner, but I want to give a shout out to the lady that was sweeping the stairs on the path from Tatsu to Samurai Summit during morning ERT at WCB. This lady was dutifully going about the task of sweeping up the pine needles and various foliage debris off of that path in such a way that you could tell she actually had pride in the park, and in her job of keeping it up. While I did give her a nice smile at the time, I'm almost ashamed that I'm only now realizing that I should have asked for her name, thanked her for doing such a great job, and then gone to guest services and told them what a valuable employee they have. If anyone at the park knows who was scheduled in that area and happens to know who that lady was (I'd estimate that she was in her late forties or early fifties) please tell her manager that she stood out to me in a positive way. I found every employee that I encountered last Saturday to be friendly and welcoming, but this lady really got my attention just for how much it really seemed like she cared about doing a thorough job.

I know Magic Mountain isn't perfect, but if enough people get the positive encouragement they deserve for doing a great job then maybe more of them will be inclined to give that little bit extra that really does make a noticeable difference to the park guests.

Hi everybody! Since my computer is acting weird and wont let me post pictures on this thread, and YouTube deleted my slideshow video for some strange reason, my pictures from West Coast Bash 2011 are FINALLY available:

HERE: www.wix.com/CaliforniaCoasters/West-Coast-Bash-2011

On there you will find pictures from morning ERT, the Goliath Service Road Tour, etc. and also there is my trip report.

Hope you enjoy