TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Sorry I ask here because I can not find suitable topic. So my question is: the application to the phone and the six flags officially dead?

Yes, the application is no longer available/updated. A while back someone asked about it on Facebook and the response was that the Fun Finder app was really made as more of a test, and I believe they said we may see a revamped version of it including new features in the upcoming years.

SFMM closed today due to weather.

I can see why. I stayed up here today hoping to ride more. It is brutal outside and not letting up. I don't even what to go outside for some lunch. The weather site I use says 1.62" of rain has fallen since midnight with more to come. I guess I should've gone to Knotts. I would've never thought that would be a correct statement.

I'm heading to California for about 2 weeks from May 31st to June 11th and had a few questions. The party will be about 5 people and had some questions about Flash pass . Just some info were going on a Sunday June 5th it says there open from 10-9pm we plan on getting there at 9:30am.

1. We plan on getting the Platinum Flash pass to share which is $80.00 a person , It says that they don't hand them out till 11am what ride would you guys suggest we hit first ? The Green lantern , X2 , or Superman?

2.How are the crowds on sundays?

3. I was reading the reviews and seen that it gets pretty gang infested and I usually dont mind because everyone has a right to use the park, I was just wondering if its that bad should I consider leaving the little ones at home?

^I would hit up a coaster that is NOT on Flashpass before the office opens. Green Lantern will obviously be the newest with probably the biggest line so I would suggest that one. BTW, is it confirmed that the flashpass office does not open with the park!?! That's terrible! We've never had that at any other Six Flags or other LoQ park!

Saturday's during the summer the crowd can get a little 'annoying', but I certainly have never felt unsafe having myself or child there. Well, except for maybe the time the operator closed the Orient Express door on KT's stroller!

Interesting. It took me a few ChaCha questions to learn that Green Lantern, And Batman are also DC! This will be an interesting retheme. I wOndet how long it will take. I figure theyll need to replace all the buildings and themings unless they wanna keep the old rusty Gothom city theme. I wonder when they will do this.

Yall want to know something sad. I have been there twice, first time we went flashback had just closed, and I was really forward to riding it and I was like 5 so I had no idea it was terrible, but I like the layout. Also, X was closed. Second time my family went. X was still closed ugh, but I could ride Tatsu . Know that they are upgrading the park with new rides I really want to go but my family has no money. But I should know if we go it probably be closed, curse my rotten luck.

Yall want to know something sad. I have been there twice, first time we went flashback had just closed, and I was really forward to riding it and I was like 5 so I had no idea it was terrible, but I like the layout. Also, X was closed. Second time my family went. X was still closed ugh, but I could ride Tatsu . Know that they are upgrading the park with new rides I really want to go but my family has no money. But I should know if we go it probably be closed, curse my rotten luck.

I don't expect Tatsu or X2 to be closed/removed with the next decade. SFMM still seems to have room and they can also expand their land again, IIRC. Plus weather wise SFMM isn't closed often, however since they are adding more rides/have so many rides you might miss 2-3 rides if you do come. Eitherway I don't really see the park getting worse in terms of ride quality, only better. (asides for kiddie rides... maybe)

BTW, is it confirmed that the flashpass office does not open with the park!?! That's terrible! We've never had that at any other Six Flags or other LoQ park!

It says 11AM when you buy a flash pass online. We didn't risk it not being open 2 years ago, so we just went to X2 and got our flash pass after our ride. I don't think it doesn't open with the park. However, by indicating 11AM, they might be able to spread the crowds a bit.

Hey guys, I'm going to Magic Mountain on June 19th for vacation. I know it's a Sunday, and that it's fathers day. But I was wondering if anyone knew exactly how the crowds usually are on that day. I know that one of the bring a friend free days in the coupon book, but I just want to know if it will be over the top crowded or not.

Thanks ---- Andrew

I just have to say that although I was only able to get one ride on it this past weekend, I was very impressed with the transformation to Superman: Escape From Krypton. You wouldn't think that just turning the cars backwards would have such and impact but to me it did. It wasn't just that the backwards launch caught me off guard, it was that moment where you pause momentarily nearly 400 feet up staring back down at the vertical descent in front of you, it takes your breath for a second and creates one of those "OMG moments". Whereas in the past S:TE was not a "must ride" but more of a "if there's time and there's not a long line" ride for me when I visit SFMM, it is now one added to my "Want to get at least one ride on this whenever I'm there" rides. I think SFMM did an exemplary job of taking the best aspects of an existing ride and improving upon the overall ride experience by making some revisions and adjustments as they did with X2.

After this past weekend I can honestly say that SFMM is one "airtime" coaster away from having my favorite coaster line up in the US. Much of that credit goes to their outstanding maintanance dept. Every coaster we rode Saturday was running in top condition, even X2! Great job!

^X2 was running better than I can recall in a long time, I managed to get two fantastic front row rides on the Viper side during morning ERT. Unfortunately I just narrowly missed getting on the last train of the night during the night ERT, but those morning rides made up for that. Tatsu was running great, and Apocalypse was running like a banshee during the night ride I took.

The only coaster that seemed to run a tiny but rough for me was Scream, my two morning ERT rides seemed a bit rattly but even that was not too bad. I didn't notice any rattle on the one ride I had during night ERT on Scream, but then again, it was raining and I was in the front row and the pain from the raindrops (which led to a brief headache that ultimately led to my not getting to X2 in time for one last ride) took my mind off any bumpiness to the ride!

I will say this: even with the challenge of one train on Tatsu and Apocalypse and the weather challenges during night ERT, SFMM once again did a great job! The fog and lights on Batman should become a permanent addition.....

^X2 was running better than I can recall in a long time, I managed to get two fantastic front row rides on the Viper side during morning ERT. Unfortunately I just narrowly missed getting on the last train of the night during the night ERT, but those morning rides made up for that. Tatsu was running great, and Apocalypse was running like a banshee during the night ride I took.

Didn't ride Viper all day. Best description of Apocalypse i've heard. It was running like a banshee!

The only coaster that seemed to run a tiny but rough for me was Scream, my two morning ERT rides seemed a bit rattly but even that was not too bad. I didn't notice any rattle on the one ride I had during night ERT on Scream, but then again, it was raining and I was in the front row and the pain from the raindrops (which led to a brief headache that ultimately led to my not getting to X2 in time for one last ride) took my mind off any bumpiness to the ride!

Scream was running rough in my opinion, but I think that's pretty much how it always runs.

I will say this: even with the challenge of one train on Tatsu and Apocalypse and the weather challenges during night ERT, SFMM once again did a great job! The fog and lights on Batman should become a permanent addition.....

When the one train ops on Tatsu was explained at the Q&A, it made total sense. Great foresight on maintenance and capacity concerns!

What an incredible day it was! Superman was really really good, and Apocalypse was absolutely insane! If it ran that good everyday it would definitely be up near the top of TPR thrown polls! Batman was also awesome with the massive amount of fog and lights. Going up the lift hill for RR, it looked amazing. Superman was awesome in the rain, until we started heading down. As we went up the hill you could clearly see the raindrops flying down at 100+ mph (yes science geeks I know the drops aren't going 100, but you know what I mean), and then it looked like something from the Matrix. The raindrops very slowly stopped falling until they were dead stopped in front of your for a split second. Then, they very slowly reversed direction and started slamming into your face at reverse speed. It was really really cool! Those who didn't go really missed out on an incredible day!.

I know everyone was busy having what sounded like an amazing WCB at SFMM but did anyone happen to take a peek at the Green Lantern site? Is it still just the footers, have they started any vertical construction or are parts on site?

I don't know how much it would cost but I wish they would leave B:TR smoke and lighting effects those pics of it from WB look awesome.

WCB was awesome! I drove down from Sacramento on Friday night (where it was in a torrential downpour) to find that the weather was perfect for the event. I have to say I love Magic Mountain, well maybe not the mountain part as my legs are still sore. I brought along a few coaster noobs so they could see what a real coaster park was all about. Morning ERT was awesome, although I wish there was a little more time. Goliath was the highlight for most of my friends except for Shawn who fell in love with X2. The Q & A was a highlight as well, and I have to note a few things. I agree Gold Rusher could use a dose of indoor dark ride elements, tunnels, and fire. I hope everyone caught the silence on the drop tower and 2012 questions. Apparently Apocalypse was meant for those who have just graduated from The Loony Toons kids area but aren't mature enough to ride the bigger coasters (thanks Smurfs), and honestly everything else will seem trivial when Road Runner is changed to "backwards" Road Runner (that is if Tim can get it "erected" in time) and of course fire is added. To give you an idea of why these events are worth every penny let me share with you my experience of the day. At 1pm my friends and I entered the line for Apocalypse and waited 2.5 hours to get on the ride due to 1 train and crowds. From 9pm to 11:30 (same time frame) my coaster count went like this: Superman 2x, Batman 3x, Scream 2x, Goliath 3x, Tatsu 3x, Apocalypse 4x, and 3 rides in on X2. Thank you Six Flags for a wonderful event! I don't care if you make a small profit off of me, it was worth every cent and I'll be back next year!

batmanfog5FB.thumb.jpg.61ba2259f22bbfc7089edb60a990913d.jpg

Batman: The Foggy Knight

batmanfog3FB.jpg.749118f2bd917aee3816dcad6d593535.jpg

Fog, lights, and then they made it rain as well.

megoliathnightfb.jpg.865e8e83d974d6b45b92ecc89107705a.jpg

some alone time with Goliath.

tsunamifb.jpg.d9107cfa447113c3a791c025288e943e.jpg

Too soon Ninja, too soon. Hi Ya!

X2stationnight3FB.jpg.c0b497d43efe330356618f434ff3eb55.jpg

The new soundtrack was hilarious, but we need more volume.

shawntriplethreatFB.thumb.jpg.36d5917dcf023c9cefa883a69fa3a53d.jpg

Shawn wondering what he got himself into.