TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Do alot of People usually buy Flashpasses at WCB? Is it necessary to get one? I'm planning on taking tours and go to the Q&A.

Don't waste your money. With ERT, there will be plenty of time to ride almost everything. With the tour(s), lunch, presentation, etc., you won't even need to worry about spending time during the day riding rides. Last year, I didn't go on ANY rides during regular park hours - there's just too much other fun stuff going on.

I guess if you're from far away, and you've never been to SFMM, and you want to make sure you ride everything, then yes, splurge on a flashpass.

I have to agree...a Flash Pass is not necessary for WCB. With your morning and evening ERT you will have plenty of time for all of the rides. Also, whatever was not part of ERT can be ridden right when the park opens at least a couple of times. Seriously, when the park opens, the GP flocks to all the big coasters. This leaves all the water rides, flat ride, and less significant coasters without a line for at least an hour. Finally, the afternoon is filled with events to keep you busy and you won't want to be out riding coasters anyway.

I love the improvements on Superman. Either way, though, I still enjoyed it as 'Air Conditioning: The Line.'

^ Jay didn't recognize us either in his speeches. I could care less if they mention us in their speeches as long as they give us a kick as event on Saturday!

You COULD care less?

I know this isn't Magic Mountain-specific, but seeing as it's in this thread, is there a specific reason for the hatred of ACE? I'm neither a member of ACE nor Club TPR (just a keen observer of the passing scene), but the vitriol towards that group is something else. Have they attacked this site? I get that they gush about every ride/park to be recognized, and that's off-putting to some, but have there been any direct attacks on this site by them? Are they, as a group, substantially more out of shape/love gravy that much more/dress way worse/uglier than, say, this group? Guessing the answer is yes - I'm just surprised at the unapologetic attacks from one group to the other (and vice versa?).

Back to the park, unfortunate to hear that the new GM wasn't too worried about schmoozing with the fanatics/public. I also wondered if anyone was allowed over by the "new" kiddie coaster or how the Green Lantern patch 'o land was looking these days? Superman looks great, gotta give them a lot of credit for reinventing the ride....and, apparently, doing it pretty well!

Also, thanks for all of the old stories about the park - that story about the sky ride, and the cabin falling, was brutal. I've always loved those sky rides, and the one at Magic Mountain was pretty cool (always enjoyed that station up on the hill).

Wow. Did anyone at the Superman event address this? That's pretty crazy, I'm guessing a lot of the resources got diverted to getting Superman up and running, consistently?

Why would they address this? The event was announcing Superman, not making excuses for why the other two coasters aren't open yet. They said "this is the first of three projects opening this year." There was no need to address anything beyond that.

^ Jay didn't recognize us either in his speeches. I could care less if they mention us in their speeches as long as they give us a kick as event on Saturday!

You COULD care less?

I know this isn't Magic Mountain-specific, but seeing as it's in this thread, is there a specific reason for the hatred of ACE? I'm neither a member of ACE nor Club TPR (just a keen observer of the passing scene), but the vitriol towards that group is something else. Have they attacked this site? I get that they gush about every ride/park to be recognized, and that's off-putting to some, but have there been any direct attacks on this site by them? Are they, as a group, substantially more out of shape/love gravy that much more/dress way worse/uglier than, say, this group? Guessing the answer is yes - I'm just surprised at the unapologetic attacks from one group to the other (and vice versa?).

I'll take a stab at this from my perspective as a Club TPR member. We poke fun at ACE'rs and that is what it is - poking fun at them. If you look around this site - we poke even more fun at ourselves . Conversely - ACErs poke fun at us. I've been to events that had both TPR and ACE members and the majority of us hung out together and had a blast! There are some "hard core" ACE folks that don't like us, and that's fine with me. With any group of enthusiasts (of any sort) there are the majority of the folks there for enjoyment - then there are the "hard core" people.

TPR as a whole is more light-hearted and more involved with theme parks as a whole than just Roller Coasters. From what I've heard from some of our newer members - we are more welcoming to younger folks as well. What you see as vitriol, is primarily the huge streak of "smartass" that finds its home here on TPR. We poke fun at everything and are oftentimes irreverent while doing it.

Hope this helps.

To stay on topic - I really, really like the new look. I didn't get the opportunity to ride Supes in it's old configuration, but it never really interested me that much. It seemed like a cool idea - but just didn't wow me. Reversing the cars would never have occurred to me, but it seems like it would be much more thrilling facing the ground - watching it fall away, then watching yourself fall towards it.

d

41 hours until I start running to Superman!!

Oh yes, I will run all the way up the mountain starting at the entrance gates. I don't care if there will already be 80 TPRtians waiting in line, I'm not going to let another 800 GP's get in front of me damnit! (actually, it would take 3 dual launches to get through 80 people in the line. )

^ Totally agreed!

It's not only about riding rides with no lines, but knowing that everybody riding with you is also an enthusiast and just wants to have fun on the rides. One of the most fun rides I've had is on Gold Rusher with a whole train of screaming "hands in the air" freaks. Good times.

You COULD care less?

I'll take a stab at this from my perspective as a Club TPR member. We poke fun at ACE'rs and that is what it is - poking fun at them. If you look around this site - we poke even more fun at ourselves . Conversely - ACErs poke fun at us. I've been to events that had both TPR and ACE members and the majority of us hung out together and had a blast! There are some "hard core" ACE folks that don't like us, and that's fine with me. With any group of enthusiasts (of any sort) there are the majority of the folks there for enjoyment - then there are the "hard core" people.

TPR as a whole is more light-hearted and more involved with theme parks as a whole than just Roller Coasters. From what I've heard from some of our newer members - we are more welcoming to younger folks as well. What you see as vitriol, is primarily the huge streak of "smartass" that finds its home here on TPR. We poke fun at everything and are oftentimes irreverent while doing it.

Hope this helps.

To stay on topic - I really, really like the new look. I didn't get the opportunity to ride Supes in it's old configuration, but it never really interested me that much. It seemed like a cool idea - but just didn't wow me. Reversing the cars would never have occurred to me, but it seems like it would be much more thrilling facing the ground - watching it fall away, then watching yourself fall towards it.

d

Hey, thanks. I appreciate that. Really didn't know what the backstory was.

Looking forward to the usual stellar photo updates from this upcoming event.

If I remember from last year it was about 700 people who were there. So I'd say around the same, maybe more?

Why is everyone so concerned about how many tickets were sold to West Coast Bash? Why does it matter? Are you concerned about the lines during ERT? Well, don't be. You guys need to TRUST US that we wouldn't put on an event where people would have to wait in line.

Don't worry about how many tickets were sold. Worry about showing up to the event and having an excellent time!

If I remember from last year it was about 700 people who were there. So I'd say around the same, maybe more?

Why is everyone so concerned about how many tickets were sold to West Coast Bash? Why does it matter? Are you concerned about the lines during ERT? Well, don't be. You guys need to TRUST US that we wouldn't put on an event where people would have to wait in line.

Don't worry about how many tickets were sold. Worry about showing up to the event and having an excellent time!

^ That's the polite way of being son'd lol.