TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Did anyone see the inside of the Superman station/queue this past weekend? I'm wondering if they're going to update it at all! I know they changed all the lighting to be green (kryptonite). But when I saw it two weeks ago, the robot statue in the corner was gone as well as the ice (made of foam) statue of Superman's parents was gone. They didn't even remove it nicely...their cut off hands were still on the base with foam sticking out to where it was connected.

I would also like to see either the hologram come back or for them to at least put a TV in the spot when you first enter...

From the e-mail I got:

"Please dress appropriately. If you wear logos or branded items, please make sure that they are Six Flags only."

Eric

Mine doesn't have any dress-code information, just detailed instructions on where to go.

Here's how mine starts:

So you’re ready to take on 415 feet of coaster at 100mph…BACKWARDS?? Great!! We’re happy to have you join us! The SUPERMAN: Escape from Krypton media event will take place on Wednesday, March 16th. If you are unable to join us, please email us back so we can select someone else to take your place.

Does that look like yours?

Did anyone see the inside of the Superman station/queue this past weekend? I'm wondering if they're going to update it at all! I know they changed all the lighting to be green (kryptonite). But when I saw it two weeks ago, the robot statue in the corner was gone as well as the ice (made of foam) statue of Superman's parents was gone. They didn't even remove it nicely...their cut off hands were still on the base with foam sticking out to where it was connected.

I would also like to see either the hologram come back or for them to at least put a TV in the spot when you first enter...

I was in the left side station on Saturday, but never got to ride. No hologram work at the entry. Some "ice work" (foam) in progress near the location where Superman was. Really not much has changed since you last saw it.

From the e-mail I got:

"Please dress appropriately. If you wear logos or branded items, please make sure that they are Six Flags only."

Eric

Eric, you are not going with the Facebook group, right? You're going with ACE? If that is correct then please don't post mis-informing information. We have the email from the Facebook group and it doesn't say anything about a dress code.

--Robb "We aren't talking about the ACE invite, we're talking about the Facebook one..." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

So you’re ready to take on 415 feet of coaster at 100mph…BACKWARDS?? Great!! We’re happy to have you join us! The SUPERMAN: Escape from Krypton media event will take place on Wednesday, March 16th. If you are unable to join us, please email us back so we can select someone else to take your place.

Nope, not at all.

This is going to be interesting.

Eric

Nope, not at all.

This is going to be interesting.

Eric

Is yours from the Facebook event?

I have a Question, Annual pass is required to enter the event? or a one-day admission ticket? I think not, right?

I'm going with the Facebook group. I go from Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico.

^With these events, you usually need a print-out of the event invitation and your ID. A ticket to the park or season pass is not required as the park will be closed to the public anyway.

Crap.. My printer keeps messing up while trying print out the invitation.. Great timing

Is yours from the Facebook event?

No. But what I find funny is how it appears that the dress code is inconsistent between the various events. I don't know who determines what is appropriate, but it should apply equally regardless of which group is attending.

I have a couple of West Coast Bash shirts that would be great to wear---in fact, I just might go ahead and wear my Tatsu one or the X2 one. Both have logos from SFMM rides, so they should be appropriate in my opinion.

Eric

^ That's very unfair and rude of you to second guess that the people who are putting together the events don't know what they are doing. How do you know they don't have a separate agenda or plan for the different groups that received the different emails?

Please do not make any more posts about this event to TPR, Eric. You're making our members look bad and confusing people. I don't want SFMM to think you represent TPR in any way with your comments.

Thank you.

--Robb

I'm not sure if Superman is running yet, but today I saw a sign in the sky! I hope it's good news. There were 5 sky - writing planes in the sky creating messages around noon. I was hiking at Pico canyon (Mentryville), so I couldn't completely read the message. They wrote is at least twice. It definitely said "Ride Superman" and there were more words I couldn't make out because of the mountains and winds blowing the smoke. We'll see tomorrow on Media day...

Yeah, I kind of had to laugh a bit at the sky writing. It's so windy today none of us could figure out what it said. Their facebook page says it was: Ride Superman sdarwkcab

Maybe it was just practice for tomorrow, cause or else it was a big waste of time and money.