TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

It's as noisy as before, I guess that's the nature of the beast.

I don't know if anyone else shares my feelings, but I honestly like the noise! It adds life to the park.

I have to agree with you there, it is pretty lifeless a lot of the time in that big open space that connects Batman, Goliath, and Colossus/Scream. Superman (and the new basketball three point shooter thing) do make the park seem more "awake," if you catch what I'm trying to say.

I found the Superman figure that used to be on top of the tower. He is sitting on the ground next to a$$man to the west of the "Pocky" lift hill. You also can see a lot of track and cars for the Green Lantern there also.

Did it look like the figure was repainted, or does it look like it may be sitting there for a while?

Just wondering if they rehabbed it and are just waiting to add it back to the tower. Maybe for Opening Day?

Im looking at a video of some tech rehearsals that was posted today and I noticed that the left side car now has a green wrap on the front (and a few new ones on the side).. Kinda funny how theres so much green with the que line neon lights and now the nose of the car when Superman's weakness (kryptonite) is the color of green also..

That is my Video!Thank you sharing it.That video was all yesterdays techinal rehearsal.It was fun!

Just a quickie:

We're planning on going to SFMM on Saturday 24 September (closed on weekdays). We'll only be able to stay till like 5 or 6 PM. It's going to be our second time at the park, so we'd rather not buy a flash pass. What can we expect of the crowds? We could be at the gates 30 minutes before opening.

And what about the water park? We liked the park, last time, but it was just wayyy too busy. A day off in the waterpark could be nice as well, if we wouldn't be able to score a lot of rides on the coasters anyways.

Kinda funny how theres so much green with the que line neon lights and now the nose of the car when Superman's weakness (kryptonite) is the color of green also..

Kryptonite is pieces of Krypton isn't it? Which the ride is escape from Krypton, so...

(Could a comic book nerd confirm.)

I just watched that video and I noticed that they've added the green wrap onto it. When I rode a couple of weeks ago, it was still the regular blue color. Having the red wrap on the right track's car, and now the green on the left side looks really nice.

Hopefully they can continue launching the cars as high as they're getting now once S: EFK opens to the public.

Eric

Anyone know if Superman had a serious problem today? I went on it a few times today but they shut it down and a maintainence man started lubing the center track piece. She was making a loud screeching noise today which I don't remember from last week but could be normal.

As I left the park they started sending out test cars and then it looked like it didn't launch at full speed or the center piece caused the car to slow down on the return.

No reason to blow this out of proportion if the Superman was running after 3:00PM.

Just curious if anyone knows what happened.

Got to ride Superman yesterday and wow!

I was pretty much blown away! It definitely made the ride SO much better! Can't wait to go back and ride again actually

Did notice on my last ride a loud screeching noise as DefinitiveDetour mentioned. Hopefully nothing major.

I did have a good day at the park considering it was pretty busy and no Flash Pass for us, but since we went the opposite way of the crowd in the morning we got some rides in with little wait.

I found the Superman figure that used to be on top of the tower. He is sitting on the ground next to a$$man to the west of the "Pocky" lift hill. You also can see a lot of track and cars for the Green Lantern there also.

Did it look like the figure was repainted, or does it look like it may be sitting there for a while?

Just wondering if they rehabbed it and are just waiting to add it back to the tower. Maybe for Opening Day?

It was hard to see, but I think "Sup" was repainted. My last trip to the mountain was in Mid January and Superman wasn't back there then. I can't say when he appeared, but he's there now. I rode Pocky several times this morning and saw him there.

It was hard to see, but I think "Sup" was repainted. My last trip to the mountain was in Mid January and Superman wasn't back there then. I can't say when he appeared, but he's there now. I rode Pocky several times this morning and saw him there.

I saw Superman too but I believe it's the one for the gift shop. The figure was in the flying position.

Anyone know if Superman had a serious problem today? I went on it a few times today but they shut it down and a maintainence man started lubing the center track piece. She was making a loud screeching noise today which I don't remember from last week but could be normal.

As I left the park they started sending out test cars and then it looked like it didn't launch at full speed or the center piece caused the car to slow down on the return.

No reason to blow this out of proportion if the Superman was running after 3:00PM.

Just curious if anyone knows what happened.

I rode Superman today - Sunday 3 times . The launches were sporadic compared to yesterday's (Saturday) rehearsals where I got 8 rides in a little over an hour. Saturday they were using the left track. I was watching from the Goliath hill and they were working on that side which is what I think your picture is of. The car was at the base of the vertical hill. This was around 1pm. Finally the that car was returned to the station. They then started using the right side, but numerous troubles needed to be worked out. Looks like some stuff needs to be worked out to make it more reliable and ready for the GP. I know it's a works in progress.

^ Exactly why SFMM is "borrowing" some of us for these so-called "technical rehearsals." They want to get some idea as to what needs to be addressed before opening it to the thousands of people that will wait to ride it.

Eric

Was there today. Superman kept breaking down repeatedly. But still managed to get in 3 rides. But I'm really happy with the "upgrade"! A so-so ride was turned into a pretty damn good ride. Not top 10 worthy, but still a blast! I was amazed at how high the ride was going, the car was praticly kissing the @$$/bottom of the brakes! Just hope SFMM can keep running it this high for years to come!

I've always thought the Superman in the Loony Tunes Super Store was a much better sculpted figure. If they bolted that figure up there, it'd look prettyeffin' sweet.

I am going to be part of a live local television report from Superman at SFMM this Wednesday the 9th. KTLA Ch. 5 are doing it from about 6:30am - 9:30am and they want riders and fans to be there as riders and background. This came to me through ACE (sorry).

^^As I recall, SFMM USUALLY uses ACE for opening day live taping. I went to Goliath, X, and Deja Vu's tapings, all through ACE. Fox 11 edited my comments to sound inaccurately negative and I stopped getting invited, so I quit ace!