TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Sinds we are talking about Deja Vu, I hope it will be running in september as well. I've been on Stuntfall (Spanish Deja Vu). But the ting is, in Parque Warner you cannot try the first or last row... Due to safety So I Would love to try the ride up front. Hope the one in Magic Mountain will be as nice as in Warner Madrid!

For me, Deja Vu in the very last row has always been a great ride. The vertical drop after being pulled up the tower is very fun. Hard to believe Vu turns 10 this year. Where does the time go??

Agreed, the back is my favorite seat. I was there for media day. I rode it in the last row for my first ride. They were still doing landscaping at that time and there were a lot of "displaced" bees around. I'm allergic to bee stings On the last pull up to the spike before letting slowly down into the station, a bee got between me and the restraints. You guessed it, I was stung. I then headed to Mayo hospital's ER for a shot of epinephrine to stop the swelling. Not a good visit, but I still enjoy Vu each time I'm at the Mountain.

I've been on Stuntfall (Spanish Deja Vu). But the thing is, in Parque Warner you cannot try the first or last row... Due to safety

No one can sit there? Do they run those rows empty? Seems odd if that's the case.

For anyone who went to the S:EFK preview last weekend, were they running both tracks or just one? I've seen pictures of the right track going, but none from the left one.

Eric

No one can sit there? Do they run those rows empty? Seems odd if that's the case.

Nope, no one can. The First 6 Seats and the last 4 are forbidden... This was the case in 2008 an 2009 when I visited the park!

It's very odd indeed! This would be in case the train stalls in it's cobra roll, the evacuation platform would be to small.

So I long for a frontseat ride in September

Wow that sucks. Take a ride that has horrible capacity to begin with and take seats out of service. How long are the lines normally on a summer day?

Edited by DJeXeL

^Not too long. It's odd. Parque Warner has this amazing coaster line-up yet their attendance is lower than Parque de Atracciones'.

Even on busy days, the line for Stunt Fall is about 30/45ish minutes.

After the Disneyland resort, I think SFMM is the next best park to go to if you are from out of town and particulary like roller coasters. Then after that I would say its pretty even IMO between KBF, USH, and SeaWorld. But it ultamitly depends on your taste buds.

Edited by gforce532

Is SFMM really woth visiting? I live in the east-coast but want to visit some parks on the west-coast eventually. Should I put this park on the list?

Yes it is, and yes you should! I went there last winter, and X2 is the best coaster I've ridden, and there are other great rides, like Goliath and Tatsu!

Is SFMM really woth visiting? I live in the east-coast but want to visit some parks on the west-coast eventually. Should I put this park on the list?

If you come out here and visit Disneyland, but you don't go to SFMM, it'd be like visiting Ohio, and not stopping at Cedar Point.

If you're a TPR member, you can get a discounted ticket, or buy an annual pass for $60 (aren't they good at all Six Flags parks?). Add on parking, gas, food/drinks, and it's still a bargain for what you get.

Is it worth coming out here justto go to SFMM? Yes. But there are so many other parks here that you'd need a good week to do everything.

This is definitely the place to be if you have questions.

My biggest suggestion if you come out here: go to SFMM on any day other than Saturday.

If you go to Disneyland this summer, you might be better off going on a Saturday - during the summer, the first two passes are blocked, and the #3 passes are usually blocked (on Saturdays), leaving the park open to guests with tickets or Premium pass holders. Basically, based on what I've seen on a Disney forum, it's possible to have Saturdays that are not as busy as Fridays or Sundays.

Yes it is, and yes you should! I went there last winter, and X2 is the best coaster I've ridden, and there are other great rides, like Goliath and Tatsu!

That's also a good point - SFMM has a NICE collection of coasters that are seemingly rare compared to the rest of the US.

X2 - only other 4D coaster is in Japan.

Superman - only other coaster like it is in Australia; based on reports seen here, it's a great ride!

Ninja - suspended coasters are slowly disappearing, and they're a kick in the a$$ to ride (that's a good thing)

Viper - 7 inversions.. still a darn good ride; I think it still has the tallest loop around.

Batman - an intense B&M.. it actually packs a punch.

Etc. I'll get back to this post.

Rode SEFK Sunday(2/27) and goin again next sun. Anyone know of rehersals or operation next weekend?

"SNEAK PEEK"

TECHNICAL REHEARSALS

March 5, 6, 12, & 13

12pm - 5pm

From the Email I got, says you need the email print out still.

I think SFMM should be the # 1 West Coast park on your list if you like coasters. SFMM has a lot of coasters that really compliment what you would have experienced on the East Coast, in some cases they have the best of kind and other stuff that is unique.

Tatsu and Riddler's Revenge are the best flyer and stand-up IMO, Deja Vu is a good coaster not found in too many places, X2 is awesome IMO and very unique, Goliath offers a different hyper coaster experience to the East Coast airtime machines, Apocalyse is another good CGI, and Superman is unique as others have said, it also should be much improved.

Lots of others are worth a ride even if they have lost much of past lustre like Viper, Revolution, & Colossus. Ninja is fun, and Scream and Batman are okay but not unique.

Most of all, tons of credits...

My history of coasters at SFMM-Part 1

Since I'm new, I thought I'd cover some of this stuff in a couple of posts...I'm pretty sure my first visit to MM was in about 1973, and after that I spent a lot of time there every year until 1981, including working there from 1979 to 1981...I only went back one time after I left employment there (and sooner or later, I'll get to that story, too) and then moved to Northern Cal in 1982.

The first coaster I ever rode at SFMM was the Gold Rush-I was 13 or 14 at the time, and it was the ONLY coaster of any kind in the park. I remember that even on that first visit, people had already started sticking their wads of gum on the rubber matt that covered one of the stanchion going up the first lift, a tradition which was still being practiced the last time I was there. Along with a long up-hill walkway, the Round-Up centrifuge ride and the bumper cars and boats, it was stuffed into what was then the very back corner of the park. Once we found our way into that corner, we rarely left until closing time. Considering that by that time The Pike in Long Beach (still the scariest coaster I've ever ridden) had closed, I think that only the Matterhorn at the Mouse and the Gold Rush were the only permanent coasters in the greater LA area at that time. Two summers later, the oversized Mouse coaster (can't remember it's name) that was next to Guest Services opened, but after riding it once or twice right when the park opened, it lost it's appeal due to the endless wait time in line-they just couldn't cycle riders fast enough. My friends and I still spent most of our time either in the back of the park or at the arcade, but after the first year, our parents all got smart enough to just drop us off at the gate in the morning and pick us up in the evening .

Finally, in 1976, the Revolution opened, and even with the long waits, it was worth every minute-smooth, fast, and ya went upside down! Woo hoo! It took a year and a half for my best friend and I to get tired of the Revolution...something that didn't happen until we both won $93 from KHJ radio for riding the damn thing 93 times in one day (it was a special promotion during Easter week to build attendance). We got one cycle of the trains off an hour to run to the restrooms, grab something to eat or drink (they let us keep sodas along the wall of the station) and then get back on. By that time, preliminary construction had started on Colossus.

Next time-working on, around and riding on Colossus