TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Oh man, I'm getting so EXCITED about WCB!!! It's going to be great, because I'll be bringing my girlfriend along... and the only coaster she's been on is the Canyon Blaster at the Adventuredome here in Vegas. Is it wrong of me to be this happy about her eventual screams of terror?

Oh man, I'm getting so EXCITED about WCB!!! It's going to be great, because I'll be bringing my girlfriend along... and the only coaster she's been on is the Canyon Blaster at the Adventuredome here in Vegas. Is it wrong of me to be this happy about her eventual screams of terror?

Being at Circus Circus didn't already provide an ample amount of horrific screams?

^Yup, us twisted people like hearing screams of terror. Especially walking by Skycoasters.

Try working at a Skycoaster. In four years, I heard some of the most hilarious crap come out of people's mouths as they were being winched up and immediately after pulling the ripcord. Now that's entertainment.

I've never worked a Skycoaster, but working as a trainer (now supervisor) at CGA, I've had to talk to supervisors at our own, and everytime I walk by, hilarity ensues.

I love it when ride ops mess with poeple! I was at the park last year on April 2nd, 2010 and some really funny things happened in line while I was waiting in line for Vortex. Once in the station, I notice that there is someone there (a supervisor I guess) in the station training a guy that was new to the ride and working there. So while this guy is being trained, I'm boarding the coaster and after the guy in the main booth locks the restraints, he unlocks them on accident. The supervisor notices and very loudly yells, "What are ya doing?!!" so the guy in the booth replies humor and goes on the PA system and says, "all the buttons look the same". So some guests are saing "yeah, don't do that will the ride is going", then the ride operator replies "if you misbehave, were gooing to have some problems". That gave me a few laughs.

Just so I don't get in trouble for brining up another park in a SFMM thread, does anybody thing that Deja vu will be done with rehab before WCB? I sure hope it will.

Just so I don't get in trouble for brining up another park in a SFMM thread, does anybody thing that Deja vu will be done with rehab before WCB? I sure hope it will.

Hopefully yes, but don't get your hopes too high. The fact that its planned to be open for WCB ERT means it probably will have a good chance of being open.

Im just guessing here, but there most likely will NOT be a "SEFK test this weekend right (yes i already know the answer to this)

I was going to go, hopefully it wont rain on my parade on sun

I also heard that Valencia may get more snow tom!!!!!

Abrupt change of subject here, but will that old train station building (pictured below) be used for anything, or will it be ripped out? One person thought they might use it as part of the queue for Road Runner Express, but that would depend on the orientation of the ride on the site.

Eric

Im just guessing here, but there most likely will NOT be a "SEFK test this weekend right (yes i already know the answer to this)

I was going to go, hopefully it wont rain on my parade on sun

I also heard that Valencia may get more snow tom!!!!!

Not sure what's going on, but this was definitely some sort of 'Weather Forecast FAIL'.

Sure it's cold out, but it's not raining or snowing and is actually sunny and quite dry out right now! Forecast looks to have been updated a bit saying only a 30% chance of showers for the area today and totally dry tomorrow so perhaps they will be running the ride!

It was absolutely gorgeous during my run today. I fully expected to be running in the rain. When I got to the top of the hill I could see all the way to Channel Islands and I didn't see clouds further out to the ocean.

If Josh wasn't having friends over for his Bday we'd probably try to get out there and ride again.

May have been a "Forecast" fail, but it was a Weather WIN!!!