TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

You can't really be too sure. It's quite hard to tell if they did or not judging from that picture. If they were to widen it, they wouldn't have to widen it too much. I don't think you can really judge if they did or not from the picture(s) they've posted. I suppose we'll find out soon enough. Until then, fingers crossed.

It's just after 11am as I post this...and the weather looks nice here near the coast, but I don't know how it is in Valencia. I don't know if I'll go over there today or hold off till tomorrow. It is tempting to go now, though...

Eric

Gah, I want to go tomorrow, but I got a softball game right smack in the middle of the day. Looks like if I go at all it will be Monday for me with the tweeny bopper crowd who all have the day off of school.

Ahhh. the curse of living in southern California. Baseball and other outdoor activities in the middle of February. The north and east are lucky they just have snow to deal with.

<_<

>_>

suckers.

I'm posting this from the Cyber Cafe and managed to get on Backwards Superman before it started to rain. First, Backwards Superman kicks ass!!! Turning the trains around really managed to make it a better ride. And yes, it does have those arm guards that are on Tower of Terror. While it is annoying since you can't move your arms, it's not really too big of a deal.

Just left SFMM. I did not plan on going but some friends dragged me. Got one ride on S:EFK, and I wish I could have gotten one or two more. The arm guards were a disappointment to see, but in actuality aren't as bad as they look. I could hear the groans as people laid eyes on them though...lol. The ride backwards was a blast! The best thing about this new version is not knowing exactly when you're going to shoot up the tower. It gives the ride a level of suspense that wasn't there before. So that when you hit the tower it litterally takes your breath away. I'm not sure how they managed to do it, but we heard that the ride is now hitting 100mph+ again and at least so far, is getting very high up the tower.

Yes, it's still a one trick pony, but I think they have a winner with this.

Rain kept everybody away, long story short, no lines all day and we got to ride twice. Arm guard will be a issue for bigger people, not much, but if your a bigger person try to sit in the middle or the back. Front seat is awesome on the way down. Oh and yeah Neil said 104mph and it did go all the way to the top.

Guess I was wrong about the tunnels being widened, sorry! It ain't the first time and it won't be the last! But seriously, I don't even care about the arm guards, THE RIDE IS GOING 104MPH WITH RIDERS!!!

I am SO stoked that they went the extra mile (unlike the Australian version) and are running the ride this way.

Did normal guests in the park get to ride, or did they limit it to pass holders? What time did they open/close the ride?

Thanks ahead of time for any answers/information! Way to go Magic Mountain!

I rode this about 10 years ago and it did nothing for me, now that it's going 104 MPH and facing straight down it sounds like they turned a "meh" ride into an awesome ride. Who cares about the arm guards? This ride kind of seemed forgotten by everyone and now it's become a world class thrill ride again. I'm really jealous of everyone that got to ride it. It's doubtful that I'll ever get back to California.