TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'd only go if I were planning on hitting the park this weekend anyway (I'm not). I certainly wouldn't plan a trip around this unless I lived close. Too many varitables, weather, crowds, unpredictable "new" ride. Could be great, could also be a mess.

I just hope next month, TPR has the ride to ourselves!

QFT..

I don't have my 2011 pass yet because I'm applying part of my WCB ticket toward the price (this was discussed in the WCB thread, right? Or did I interpret that wrong?). Either way, I'm getting a pass while I'm there for WCB.

But yeah.. Based on the FB post, I'm guessing it's going to be packed - it does say first come, first served. And anyone can be a SFMM FB friend - it just takes a print-out that can be passed out to many other people.

As someone else said, I'll enjoy the ride with other enthusiasts.. not the GP.

I don't have my 2011 pass yet because I'm applying part of my WCB ticket toward the price (this was discussed in the WCB thread, right? Or did I interpret that wrong?). Either way, I'm getting a pass while I'm there for WCB.

To the best of my knowledge WCB is a seperate ticket event --- kinda like Haunt. Even if you have a pass you have to pay for a ticket, so I don't believe you can apply your WCB admission price to a season pass.

**edit** I went through the entire FAQ's on the WCB flyer and the very last question says that the parks have allowed it in the past but have not confirmed for this year. So good luck hope it works out!**

I am now deciding if I should take my Xtreme Pass email to the park on those days instead of going to WCB and save myself $50. The ERT on S:EFK was what I was looking forward to most, and if I get to get my fix a whole month earlier I just might do it.

BTW, has anyone seen the right side of S:EFK running with the backwards car? I haven't heard anything, and I'm assuming if they're now letting riders on everything must be going smoothly.

Edited by GLund

I have applied my WCB ticket to a Season Pass the past two years with no problem. As was said, this hasn't been confirmed for this year yet.

As long as you're inside the park, you can get a season pass at a discounted rate ($45 bucks i believe). Normally not a great discount but with the case of WCB since you must have a separate ticket it does work out in your favor. Thats because when you enter the park you no longer have proof of admission, as they take your ticket from you (At least when you print tickets at home).

Basically they don't know if you entered the park with an regularly priced admission ticket or a WCB ticket.

^ & ^^

And:

To the best of my knowledge WCB is a seperate ticket event --- kinda like Haunt. Even if you have a pass you have to pay for a ticket, so I don't believe you can apply your WCB admission price to a season pass.

**edit** I went through the entire FAQ's on the WCB flyer and the very last question says that the parks have allowed it in the past but have not confirmed for this year. So good luck hope it works out!**

I am now deciding if I should take my Xtreme Pass email to the park on those days instead of going to WCB and save myself $50. The ERT on S:EFK was what I was looking forward to most, and if I get to get my fix a whole month earlier I just might do it.

BTW, has anyone seen the right side of S:EFK running with the backwards car? I haven't heard anything, and I'm assuming if they're now letting riders on everything must be going smoothly.

I figure it's worth a shot, even to save $15. The price of WCB is quite a bargain.. so even having to pay for my 2011 pass out-of-pocket is fine by me. But still, since my hours at work have been cut, every little bit helps.

In the email this afternoon:

Be First to Fly 100 mph, BACKWARDS!

"SNEAK PEEK"

TECHNICAL REHEARSALS

February 19-21

12pm - 5pm

Here's a 2011 Thrill Pass perk just for you! You are invited to be among the first to launch 100 mph BACKWARDS on SUPERMAN: Escape from Krypton. Technical rehearsals Feb. 19 - 21 from noon - 5pm. Limited capacity, available on first come, first serve basis, weather permitting. (Note: The ride will not operate in the rain; check for updates on Facebook or call Guest Relations at 661-255-4103)

Here's what you do:

• Print this email and bring it with your processed 2011 Thrill Pass, Combo Pass, or Xtreme Thrill Pass

• Check-in for available ride time* in front of SUPERMAN: Escape from Krypton

• Launch 100 MPH, BACKWARDS!

GO BIG. GO FIRST.

Me too!I have a thrill pass! email: edwardabascal@sbcglobal.net

Anyone have any experience of going to a job fair, while its raining?

I'm thinking about going this Saturday, and I'm now seeing reports that it is expected to rain on Saturday. I still want to go, as opposed to Sunday where it'll be sunny. I figure, people are going to be deterred by the rain.

What might I miss out on going Saturday as opposed to Sunday? I did want to look around and see interesting things from each of the departments...but with the rain, I'm more in a get in and get out mode, I wonder if they'd even have as many things laid out and stuff for our viewing.

I'd only go if I were planning on hitting the park this weekend anyway (I'm not). I certainly wouldn't plan a trip around this unless I lived close. Too many varitables, weather, crowds, unpredictable "new" ride. Could be great, could also be a mess.

Hopefully not. The last thing they need is a slip up. I'm heading up Sunday for a normal trip around the park. I'm assuming it will be like a bit busier Sunday, possibly tame® Saturday, but with all the passholders crowding around Superman. Any guesses?

Excuse my ignorance, but where is Will Call? Is it located near the l.o.ck.er.s?

After you go through the metal detectors, look straight ahead at the giant digital clock. The Will Call window is just to the right of it.

Eric

Before they used to require a ticket stub to upgrade to a pass.. but now with Print at home tickets you don't get a ticket stub anymore. About a year ago i was able to buy a season pass at the gift store inside Six Flags and even received discount on my purchases at the same time

As long as you're inside the park, you can get a season pass at a discounted rate ($45 bucks i believe).

Whenever I renew my pass, I go straight to Will Call and pay there because I've tried to pay at the processing center itself and they always tell me that I have to go to Will Call first. So one time a few years ago, I went there to renew my pass and get one for Diana, they only charged me the upgrade fee ($20 I think) for her pass. And it wasn't a renewal for her.

Eric

If anybody is interested in doing the filming for Superman commercials, SFMM just posted info on their FB page:

On Thursday, February 24th we are filming the Superman: Escape from Krypton commercial and need riders. Riders must be available for the entire day (8:00am – 4:30pm). Riders will be paid $50 at the completion of the day. Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.

All riders must be 18 and over and must meet all safety requirements of the ride. Proof of age may be required. This shoot is does not fall under the jurisdiction of SAG or AFTRA so union members may not participate.

If interested please send your name, address, e-mail and phone number along with a current photo of yourself to sfmmevents@sixflags.com.

Due to the possibility of rain the shoot may be moved to the following week. Please let us know if you are available any of those days as well. You will receive a response from the filming supervisor to confirm.

I love that SFMM is keeping a actually BBQ option for guests to eat at and I am sad to see longhorn's close down. It smelled great well walking up to riddler's.

I assume I'll eat there if SFMM let's me and my friends during our VIP tour. Well, as long as it's still open in late July or so. All the other food at SFMM looked subpar. Of course I am hoping for some type of beef at the BBQ joint, i'm not really sure so many people like pork.