TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^What exactly were the "massive injuries" to the girl that was killed at Revolution? I only ask because I was told a story about it way back in 2006 during my first rides orientation at Carowinds and I'd love to know if it were true.

Pretty sure there was a lot of grusome 'dragging' involved.

Mocking someone's death is never "too soon".

And it's always the right time to sling around the term "retarded" to insult someone.

In classier news, has it been confirmed that Superman will re-open with one car forward/one car backward? Or will they both be backward (until the novelty wears off)? I know it was discussed at length, I'm just not sure if it was ever really settled.

Also wondering if anyone has run into the new GM of the park since she took over?

^Ever heard of the Darwin awards? First off, I don't think anyone was 'mocking' a death...but let's be honest, some people bring death upon themselves and for that I have no remorse or sympathy. I'm not even going to bother responding to your other comment.

As for your ACTUAL SFMM questions. Both cars are set to go backwards as was reported in the thread. The new GM is not in the park very often and none of the SFMM regulars have run into her.

Give me a f**king break. Are you HONESTLY going to sit there and tell me that X2 and Colossus look just as bad as Scream does?

Yeah...I thought so. Now STFU and stop being stupid.

Ouch

I made my idiotic statement after returning home from a few to many drinks. Woke up this morning and logged on to see the damage to find a verbal ass kicking from the man himself.

I retract my moronic statement and apologize to all of TPR for subjecting you to its blatant stupidity.

Can we still be friends?

^ No. We all hate you! (just kidding!)

Mocking someone's death is never "too soon". And it's always the right time to sling around the term "retarded" to insult someone.

Whatever. But I'm going to mock your retarded post. If you expected TPR to be "classy", you've come to the wrong place. I encourage you to find a more "classy" theme park or roller coaster forum out there...oh wait, there isn't one. If Family Guy can air at a prime time 8pm slot to the world entire episodes joking about being retarded, I can use the word here and there. Don't ever...EVER...EVER tell me what I can or cannot post to my forum. Is that clear? And if you don't like, please don't post to our forum anymore. Don't read it. Don't contribute to it. Don't show up to our events. Dead serious. Like Scream ride op DEAD serious.

And as for your question, which Elissa actually already answered, yeah, I haven't run into her at the park at all. Maybe she'll be at WCB's Q&A session? Jay always was so I would expect her to be too.

--Robb "Read the websites disclaimer...SHEESH!" Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

^What exactly were the "massive injuries" to the girl that was killed at Revolution? I only ask because I was told a story about it way back in 2006 during my first rides orientation at Carowinds and I'd love to know if it were true.

Pretty sure there was a lot of grusome 'dragging' involved.

Yeah that's pretty similar to the story we were told. If only these ops would figure out that physics always wins, they wouldn't be archived articles and bleach stains.

To be fair, I really don't think the blame was entirely on her. IMO, The Scream accident was the product of a bad system from top-to-bottom @ SFMM.

This is only speculation, but I have always thought she was probably walking out of the track the "shortcut" way everyone on the crew used but technically were not allowed to after block check (thus creating the idea that it was OK). Her mistake was assuming that the person @ panel would start the ride...

That's a failure on managements part to not be aware of the shortcut, a failure on the panel operators part for not verifying she was clear, and a failure on her part for not using more caution in being in the ride track.

Just a real unfortunate accident that was easily preventable.

^Obviously I've never been around these people when it happens, but how does one not realize a coaster train is coming? Scream isn't exactly the quietest ride around, nor is Batman at SFOG. Even if the deceased weren't expecting a train, you would think they heard/saw it coming. Especially with Scream, it's coming off the block brakes so she would have had some extra time to react. Then again, they could have been completely oblivious and never knew what hit them.

^Obviously I've never been around these people when it happens, but how does one not realize a coaster train is coming? Scream isn't exactly the quietest ride around, nor is Batman at SFOG. Even if the deceased weren't expecting a train, you would think they heard/saw it coming. Especially with Scream, it's coming off the block brakes so she would have had some extra time to react. Then again, they could have been completely oblivious and never knew what hit them.

That's what I've always wondered. To me it doesn't seem hard to dodge an incoming train when you've got adrenaline and an extra 5 or so seconds on your side.

Have you SEEN the ride ops at SFMM?

It's pretty much self explanatory.

Have you SEEN the ride ops at SFMM?

It's pretty much self explanatory.

I've long known about the Scream! incident, and knew approximately where it took place, but for whatever reason never noticed the bleach stain. Next time, I'll make sure to look.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't this incident lead to the blaring horn as a train is dispatched? I don't remember it when Scream! first opened, and it's interesting that this ride is the only one in the park that has it.

Eric

That's what I've always wondered. To me it doesn't seem hard to dodge an incoming train when you've got adrenaline and an extra 5 or so seconds on your side.

Not only that, but in that spot, it would be VERY easy to "hit the deck" if needed.

Like Joey said, it was an accident that most likely could have been prevented.

Knott'sopened their most expenive ride in December...on a Tuesday as a matter of fact... Wierder things have happened.

Please try to give our admins a little more respect before just second guessing them without any information to back up your statements.

Knott's actually has a history of opening rides on weird dates. Ghostrider also opened on a Tuesday. SFMM, however does NOT have a history of opening rides on a Sunday. Traditionally, in fact, in just about EVERY coaster opening I've been to at SFMM which has been since Riddler's, the media day is on a Thursday or Friday, with the actual ride opening on Saturday.

No one said that it couldn't happen, Wes was just simply implying that it won't happen.

--Robb "Give credit and respect where it's due..." Alvey