TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I think the things they have added (or almost added) over the past two years should prove that they have room.

They still have PLENTY of room near Deja Vu/Apocalypse where Mr. Six was supposed to go. That spot can fit a pretty big ride/coaster. There is room up in Samurai Summit. There is room where X2/Viper is (behind the aforementioned "Greatest Coasters" sign). There is room for a flat where Spin Out was, where the Basketball game is, Thrill Shot, etc. I would say that SFMM could easily add 4-5 more coasters without removing any current coasters.

There is also PLENTY of room if they were to remove the Batman Theatre near Riddlers. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Deja Vu go in the next few years and another big coaster taking up that back corner.

Especially over by Thrill Shot and those other two up-charge attractions. No one is ever on them.

I guess they can go "Six Flags over Asphalt" like they did with Scream.

Why does every one like to bitch about scream being built on the parking lot? Was X and even the mighty Colossus not built over the parking lot? Get over yourselves and find something legit to complain about.

There is also PLENTY of room if they were to remove the Batman Theatre near Riddlers.

I can't see that theater being removed---at least not any time soon---simply because the park needs an outdoor entertainment venue for pyrotechnic and stunt shows. How popular such shows are, I couldn't tell you. Personally, not being a show person, I don't see the shows (which is why the number of my lifetime visits to USH and SeaWorld are in the single digits). But that's me. Others may thoroughly enjoy them.

Eric

Add me to list of not being a big show fan I think the one and only time I've seen a show in that area of SFMM is when they had the Dolphin and high dive show years and years and years ago lol.

No show for 2011, maybe they're waiting for a Dark Knight Rises stunt show in 2012

^ In the few dozen times I've been to SFMM, I've seen one show in that 'arena/theater' - A motorcross exhibit where riders were doing loops on dirt bikes in a metal ball/cage - I have a video somewhere.

Otherwise, add me to the list of those who avoid shows - I saw Fantasmic! for the first time just last year - after going to Disneyland for most of my life.

EDIT: Here is a clip from the stunt show in that theater. (I'll forewarn you - it's loud at times, and kind of annoying )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JllbP5N0jhA

I guess they can go "Six Flags over Asphalt" like they did with Scream.

Why does every one like to bitch about scream being built on the parking lot? Was X and even the mighty Colossus not built over the parking lot? Get over yourselves and find something legit to complain about.

Colossus was built on a parking lot, yes, however the parking spaces are not still there and the coaster is so massive and dense it masks it somewhat well. X, was not built entirely on a parking lot and doesnt still have parking spaces under it. All parking lot coasters are a disaster in my opinion, but Scream! gets the worst complaints. I'm going to agree that its terrible, but it's hardly the only one. I'm not even happy with La Ronde or dare I say it... Europa(this one is hardly terrible though)! haha.

Actually, Isn't Goliath technically a parking lot coaster? It's right behind Colossus and sits on the same giant slab...

Titan was built in a parking lot, however there is an odd mix of actually having removed the parking lot as well as parts of it just being buried in dirt and gravel. If you look closely in some spots you can see the lot down there but at least they masked it.

Give me a f**king break. Are you HONESTLY going to sit there and tell me that X2 and Colossus look just as bad as Scream does?

Yeah...I thought so. Now STFU and stop being stupid.

--Robb "Don't tell ME to get over myself when YOU are the one that posts something retarded." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

^ Scream looks like a carnival ride like that! I honestly though, do't really care about it being in the parking lot. Its a fun ride! A little under rated i feel. But it's not like SFMM really has that great of theming on any of they're coasters besides a few.

^ Totally. Scream is still one of the better rides in the park. I'm just saying that if you're trying to convince me that the other two rides look as "plopped down" and cheesy, then I'm going to laugh in your face and call you a moron....

--Robb "Especially if someone takes that kind of attitude with me and the members of my forum." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

^Thanks, never heard about that incident, where-as I had read about all the others at MM. I never like learning about accidents like these, but it's a shame that most major park injuries/deaths are in direct correlation with the ignorance of the person effected. Remove the ignorant factor, and the mass majority of all these accidents never would've happened I feel it speaks volumes about the safety of the actual rides.

Dan "mentally aware matters" Strickland