TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

The red dot was put there by Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I've seen her hanging around Deja Vu on the show. This marks where another hell mouth is that she will have to deal with when she's done with the one in Cleveland (I've been to the one in Cleveland, it's the Greyhound Bus Station). They didn't rename the GCI to Apocalypse for nothing.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Green Lantern track goes up pretty quick, once the groundwork is done.

The "secret" red dot is the marker for all that is important in the universe. For it is, in fact, the CENTER OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!!! Everything that has ever been created revolves around this single point in the universe. It is the spot in the world that God is aiming to take a crap. And his holy crap will produce an awesome scream machine that we will dub The Green Lantern.

I don't know what it means. I am just being creative. I hope you all enjoyed.

Green because of all the artificially colored snacks that God enjoys oh-so dearly.

^ The Enterprise was just behind where the pizza place is now, and the Spillikin train station was approximately where the entrance is to Batman The Ride.

Eric

EDIT: Z-Force, the looping starship, used the old train station as its queue, and the ride itself was to the west of it.

Sorry to go off the "wtf is the red dot for" topic but there is something I just must know.

Why did they rip out my beloved spin out?

Yes I know I'm a bit behind in the times but I moved out of CA in 2006 and just returned late last year. A quick googling of the interwebz didn't reveal much other than some stupid kid wacked his head on a pipe. That seems to be at least a full season before they gutted my favorite flat.

^ It seems that a lot of the flat rides that were opened with the park in the early 70s were simply just old and falling apart. The park made the decision to retire some of the older rides rather than to keep pumping money into them.

Many people, including myself, are disappointed by the removal of many of those flat rides, especially considering that every one of them carried either a 36" to 42" height restriction. So when they removed Spin Out, Circus Wheel, & Free Fall, not only did the basically chop in half the amount of flat rides that were at the park, but also the amount of "big rides" that were accessible to smaller children.

--Robb

It's a great ride however it can become a nightmare very quickly if the seat belt starts digging into your hip.

Not really a fan of Grinder Gearworks however it's important for a park to have a nice balance of Non-Coaster rides being that they're already scarce at MM I'd hate to see it go. Not to mention little kids 42"-48" absolutely love rides that spin!

Edited by DJeXeL

My wife's jaw dropped the last time we where at the park and saw that The Atom Smasher was in pieces. Its her favorite flat. I told her that the fact the the housing and and track are still in place is a good thing and they are probably just rehabbing it.

Thanks for the insight behind removing the flats Robb. I think SFMM's thinking is a bit misguided though. Our cherished flats could be rehabbed and continue to operate on just a small fraction of only the R&D of the new big steel IMO. I don't pretend to be an expert though and am grateful for what SMM still delivers

Not to be too off topic, but the ErUPtion at SFGAdv is a nice ride. There's some nice air at the top of the ride, and it takes off pretty fast. It's only $5 here in NJ too. But's its SFGAdv's closest thing to a drop ride. I would maybe pay $5 again.

EDIT: Oh yeah, it's an S&S slingshot.

^A good place I can think of is the area in between viper and the path that you take to get to X2, right behind the Greatest Coasters wall. With the ride as big as it is, it would look really good on top of that hill. But thats just my thought, I think they should put a freefall ride or more family friendly rides first.