TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I believe that red circle is an elevation marker that's used as a "control point" to map out the hight of the land in different areas surrounding the rides location. It helps to measure and level the land to the ride specifications where Green Lantern will be built.

Nice update, kinda ended ubruptly though...

Edited by GLund

Random question: Is Thrill Shot ever open at Magic Mountain?

Funny you mention that. I actually asked Neal that very same question when we walked past it today. He said "Nope! We are done with Thrill Shot."

And now that Freefall's gone.......

[Cue subliminal zen message]

[Edit]: Wasn't Thrill Shot built (somewhat) recently and they are already done with it?

Actually, Thrill Shot has been at SFMM for awhile, but it hardly ever operates. I think it was already there by the time the one at Cedar Point collapsed in the freezing weather. I am glad that once it's gone there will be a spot open for something else.

Eric

Actually, Thrill Shot has been at SFMM for awhile, but it hardly ever operates. I think it was already there by the time the one at Cedar Point collapsed in the freezing weather. I am glad that once it's gone there will be a spot open for something else.

Eric

Just looked it up, it was built in 2001. So I guess it isn't THAT recent, but still within the decade.

^Errr...close, but not quite. The decade started last year! But I will agree that ten years for a ride isn't very long, but sometimes, that happens.

August of 2001? Wouldn't the decade mark be August of 2011?

STOP IT!!!! Stop your stupid arguing over pointless crap!

Reality check... NO ONE CARES!!!

End of the day - the ride has been around for about 10 years. It's been plagued with problems since day one and rarely operates. I'm actually shocked it's been there this long....

STOP IT!!!! Stop your stupid arguing over pointless crap!

Reality check... NO ONE CARES!!!

End of the day - the ride has been around for about 10 years. It's been plagued with problems since day one and rarely operates. I'm actually shocked it's been there this long....

Yeah, everyone else who added one has already removed it. It's not like it was a good ride anyway.

***Crosses fingers for a giant frisbee***

Post deleted by user.

Grow some balls people, seriously... If you don't like the way we moderate the forum, you don't have to post here. Simple as that. You post stupid crap to our forum, you're gonna get your ass handed to you. Can't take it? Post somewhere else. Don't waste our time.

Is the red dot the point from which all measurements for the ride are taken? I'm sure I've seen that on plans etc before that you measure all distances from one point so that everything lines up nicely.

Nice dirt piles and another good report, cheers Robb!

Matt

Thanks for the information Robb and John, those things were just stellar investments. I always wanted to ride the one at Great Adventure, but it was always closed as well. I actually thought they'd removed the MM one until I saw Robb's picture from over the weekend. During that period when MM added Thrill Shot, X, and Deja Vu, I bet the poor maintenance guys did their fair share of cursing corporate.

The "secret" red dot is the marker for all that is important in the universe. For it is, in fact, the CENTER OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!!! Everything that has ever been created revolves around this single point in the universe. It is the spot in the world that God is aiming to take a crap. And his holy crap will produce an awesome scream machine that we will dub The Green Lantern.

I don't know what it means. I am just being creative. I hope you all enjoyed.