TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I don't understand what the big deal is with the sign. It is just a sign, its not like the gp is really going to notice or care what the quallity of the themeing is. You guys sound like disney nerds picking on themeing details and making so it ruins your experience at the park.

Was there a point to your post other than to be rude and obnoxious?

I don't understand what the big deal is with the sign. It is just a sign, its not like the gp is really going to notice or care what the quallity of the themeing is. You guys sound like disney nerds picking on themeing details and making so it ruins your experience at the park.

You obviously didn't understand the other guys sarcasm. nobody REALLY cares about the sign. Not even the GP, we just want to ride a baddass ride. Which we do. 24/7

edit*** woops i posted.

You obviously didn't understand the other guys sarcasm. nobody REALLY cares about the sign. Not even the GP, we just want to ride a badass ride. Which we do. 24/7. edit*** woops i posted.

Yep. Sure it's a great ride! When you are walking in, you get that 5 seconds of "WTF" or "really Six Flags?" when you see the sign, then move on. It would be great to see a better sign in the future though, and I think they will deliver...eventually... As I said, it actually looks a little bit better in person then in Robb's pictures, and it is an awesome ride through and through.

[Edit]: To clarify, I do care about the appearance of the park, so I wouldn't go as far as saying nobody REALLY cares.

Only thing that kinda ticks me as well about that ride is the GP's view of it. A lot of people still think its just Psyclone with a different name

So...so...ugh. I don't even want to START talking about the dead weight brains some people have.

And theres already people that think the red on supermans tower goes halfway down.

Only thing that kinda ticks me as well about that ride is the GP's view of it. A lot of people still think its just Psyclone with a different name

So...so...ugh. I don't even want to START talking about the dead weight brains some people have.

And theres already people that think the red on supermans tower goes halfway down.

That's when you just have to say fug this and fug that.

Went twice this past weekend with my fiance. Saturday was awful. After waiting over 2 hours for X2 it broke. We were about right before the turnstyle. Sucks! Saturday was actually pretty busy and most rides were only using 1 train. My fiance noticed ad I was surprised that she could tell how slow everything was going.

Went again Sunday and no one was at the park. We rode X2 within 3 minutes and after we got on the front we were able to run back to get right back on. Strangely enough the longest lines in the park that day were Riddlers Revenge and Ninja??? Everything else was maybe a 3 train wait. I really don't understand why and what people choose to go on there.

BTW Terminator still seems a bit cheesy and over the top.

But Saturday sucked and it wasn't even that busy. Saturday we went to Tatsu, X2, Viper, and Terminator. Terminator had one train!! That is just pathetic. That's the ride my Fiance mentioned this about.

Sunday we saw Riddlers and I wasn't going to wait in a line that actually wrapped out pretty far when we could go on other rides with no waits. Something just doesn't make any sense to me this last trip there. I have probably had seasons passes at least 7 times in my life, and this was just weird, and a bad sign for the park.

I'm not defending the park by any means. I'm just explaining what's going on. I feel for you though cause waiting in line for Apocalypse with 1 train sucks. I won't even walk by Riddler's if it only has 1 train.

Sunday we saw Riddlers and I wasn't going to wait in a line that actually wrapped out pretty far when we could go on other rides with no waits. Something just doesn't make any sense to me this last trip there. I have probably had seasons passes at least 7 times in my life, and this was just weird, and a bad sign for the park.

They were holding people at the bottom of the stairs when I went, and every time a train left the employee let one trains worth of people up the stairs. That kept it to a 1 train wait up in the station. Pretty smart, but if you don't know what they were doing then it was a pretty discouraging line that was wound into the little area before the stairs.

Thats pretty bad. I was used to Riddlers having no wait and people having fun dancing in the lines. And Terminator generally had a 3 train wait every time I have been on it. Either way for Sunday the only long lines were Ninja and Riddler. Very weird, where you can just hop back on X2 whenever.

They were holding people at the bottom of the stairs when I went, and every time a train left the employee let one trains worth of people up the stairs. That kept it to a 1 train wait up in the station. Pretty smart, but if you don't know what they were doing then it was a pretty discouraging line that was wound into the little area before the stairs.

It seems with X2 that most people tend to ride it either right at the beginning of the day or right at the end. The first few hours seem to be the very worst, as it appears that the majority of people in the park go straight there, making for some very long lines. The general consensus among the people in line tends to be that "it's only gonna get worse," so they wait it out. The remaining people who don't brave it in the morning seem to save it for the last ride of the day, thus leading to some fairly long lines again at night. This leaves the time period in between as an opportune time to ride X2, as lines are often much more bareable in the mid-afternoon than at other times. X2 seems to be different from the other lines in the park in that instead of starting out small and getting progressively bigger it's line starts out quite big and then gets smaller before increasing in size a bit again near the end of the day. I'm not sure if this is neccesarily always the case, but over the course of several visits in the past year this seemed to be true.

^I think it's just because it's a popular ride in the front of the park. I think that's why GhostRider at Knotts gets such bad lines and can still be cycling up to 45 minutes after the park closes on busier days while Xcelerator and Silver Bullet can be done 10 minutes after closing. People on their way out say to themselves "look! This one's still open!, let's get our last ride on this!"

It seems with X2 that most people tend to ride it either right at the beginning of the day or right at the end. The first few hours seem to be the very worst, as it appears that the majority of people in the park go straight there, making for some very long lines. The general consensus among the people in line tends to be that "it's only gonna get worse," so they wait it out. The remaining people who don't brave it in the morning seem to save it for the last ride of the day, thus leading to some fairly long lines again at night. This leaves the time period in between as an opportune time to ride X2, as lines are often much more bareable in the mid-afternoon than at other times. X2 seems to be different from the other lines in the park in that instead of starting out small and getting progressively bigger it's line starts out quite big and then gets smaller before increasing in size a bit again near the end of the day. I'm not sure if this is neccesarily always the case, but over the course of several visits in the past year this seemed to be true.

QFT

I will never go to the park on a Saturday unless it's WCB, or I take advantage of the Q-Bot. Regardless, I have had a lot of luck with the 'counter-clockwise' approach to SFMM.

Toward mid-day, when people are most-likely heading down toward Apocalypse, take a ride on Viper to check out X2's lines.. if you sit in the first car you'll be able to see how bad things are..

If you wait to ride X2 at the end of the day, good luck! I've done it many times (on Sundays), and the line is usually ridiculous.

Anyone planning to hit the Mountain on Superbowl Sunday, or am I the only loser?

I'm not expecting it to be a ghost town or anything, but I'm guessing crowds will be lighter than usual. I'm craving Tatsu and Apocalypse for some reason.