TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^I'm guessing on that 282 model that first drop goes right into trims so it's not that much different than the 247 one.

But you might hit that first drop upside down on the 50-282 model. What a terrifying way to start off on the most messed up coaster I know of.

Today I saw something I've never seen before...

They let us skip the Pre-Show on Apocolypse.

Also, Riddler was doing loading and unloading very fast. Once the train stopped it only took 1:25 to send it out again.

Tatsu was 2.5 -3:00 minute stop to dispatch.

They seemed to be moving a little faster than usual today but I don't think X2 or Tatsu opened with the park.

Actually, Neal told me this week that they would be working on tweaking the pre-shows this weekend so that if the station was empty, or at least light enough, they would make sure the guests go through so they wouldn't be cycling empty or half-full trains.

I think this is a great idea. Personally, I don't mind the pre-show when it's something to watch while waiting in line. But when your pre-show is creating a line where there normally wouldn't be one, that, IMO is a problem.

Glad to see they are addressing that.

--Robb

The pre-show concept was a good one, only in this case, the spacing needed to be different in some way---maybe a little further back in line with some additional theming to fill the space between the last one and the station. But it's good to see that they're trying to work something out.

Eric

Also, Riddler was doing loading and unloading very fast. Once the train stopped it only took 1:25 to send it out again.

Tatsu was 2.5 -3:00 minute stop to dispatch.

They seemed to be moving a little faster than usual today but I don't think X2 or Tatsu opened with the park.

I'll be visiting Magic Mountain for the first time next Sunday! What were some of your wait times today?

Visited the Mountain today, and I have to say, it seemed a lot better then the day Robb visited. Took almost no photos today, sorry I can't share any with you guys.

Started the day out at 8:30 and headed up the 5. Made excellent time and arrived at the park at around 10:00. Got through security and the season pass office was open early, so headed over there, skipped the line since I bought it online, and was back out in about 20 minutes, right before the gates opened. When I got in, took the Revolution shortcut to Tatsu and rode with my friend and I the only two people on the train. Got a second ride in, then headed to Viper on our way back to the entrance to meet up with others. The "others" wanted to warm up, so headed to Revolution, then Ninja, Gold Rusher, Scrambler, Sandblasters, then we stepped up to Riddler's, Batman, lunch at the Waterfront (Longhorn's BBQ is closed and the original "Eduardo's Grill" signs were up, don't know if they were ever taken down). Apocolypse, Tatsu again, Revolution, X2, Goliath, Scream, Batman, then Riddler's. On my way to the entrance stopped by Swashbuckler, then left at 5:30.

Saw no evidence of overflowing trash cans and dirty bathrooms, although I was certainly not trying to look for any. Park was clean, but seemed in some sort "incomplete" with closed rides (Deja Vu, Colossus, Thomas Town, closed water rides except Jet Stream, trees without their leaves, scenery in rides diluted which I will explain later). Clusters of leaves on the paths which was kind of annoying, but whatever. Overall a good visit and sort of crowded for a Sunday in the off season. I was surprised that they were running two trains on most rides, and ride ops weren't terrible but certainly weren't the best i've ever seen. If I forgot anything, just ask and/or tell me. I kind of picked on tiny things as well.

-Gold Rusher - 1 train, walk on

-Ninja - 1 train, walk on

-Revolution - 2 trains, walk on, no stacking

-Apocalypse - 1 train, 15 minutes (the line was wound into the switchbacks, so I asked the host what the wait time was and he reassured me that is was 15. Waited through and BEHOLD! NO PRESHOW! No flames (prob. wind), and no audio (obvious).

-Viper - 2 trains, walk on, no stacking

-Batman - 2 trains, walk on, about 1 minute of stacking per cycle. Barely audible theme song music and cool lights in station were off, except for the one on the bat suit.

-Scream - 1 train, walk on

-Goliath - 2 trains, 5 minutes, no stacking

-Riddler's Revenge - 1 train, 20 minutes, fast[er] ops, barely audible theme music and no question mark lights.

-Tatsu - 2 trains, 10 minutes, stacking about 2 minutes a cycle

-X2 - 2 trains, 5 minutes, 30 to 60 second stacking, music not working on one train, flames were operating to my surprise because it was kind of windy.

-Deja Vu - closed

-Colossus - closed

-Superman - Looks great!

-Green Lantern - Site is clear, no progress since what has been posted

-Little Flash - Also no progress from what has been posted

-Percy's - Closed for Thomas Town re-theme. Looks like no progress has been made since what has been posted

-Only open truly kiddie coaster was Canyon Blaster

Oh and another thing I noticed: I was on the first train of Goliath this morning = No Trims on the MCBR!!! 2nd train with just me and by GF was trimmed heavily though.

Riddlers: Walk-On

Apocolypse: Walk-On

Goliath: Walk-On

Scream: Walk-On

Viper: Walk-On

Batman: Walk-On

Tatsu: 10mins

X2: looked like 30-40mins at 12:30.. I left then so it could have died down later in the day.

I went right instead of left and was about 5mins ahead of the crowd so my wait times could be different than what you experience. By the time I was walking off Goliath the first people got in line.

If anyone in your group has a Discover Card... bring it.

Well in the park's defense they may have a sign on order. They did have to remove all trademarks in a hurry so maybe that's the "fix" while they wait on the more permanent sign. However even if this is the case, they still could have at least removed the Terminator: Salvation letters and THEN put the cardboard up

To the posts about the Apocalypse sign above me.

They will never change it. I don't have a source but my gut tells me they don't give a rats a$s.

I expect you all two years from now mocking Apocalypse in TR's by calling it "Next up, Apocalypse: The Ride" or "The Apocanator!" or "Now for Termpocalypse Salvation The Ride" etc etc, mostly because of that low quality sign. And it will never change.

^ I make fun of it because I make fun of everything. A-MOCK-alypse---The Ride. So there ya go!

Years and years ago I did a spoof on the park that I called "Magic Anthill." I won't go into that here (mainly because no one would be interested in what I did at age 13).

Anyway, I hope all of you going to SFMM for WCB have a great time. I have to miss that, but hope to make it to the other park on Sunday. With two of the three 2011 coasters open and running, there'll be plenty to ride. I look forward to the TRs of that day.

Eric

I don't understand what the big deal is with the sign. It is just a sign, its not like the gp is really going to notice or care what the quallity of the themeing is. You guys sound like disney nerds picking on themeing details and making so it ruins your experience at the park.

Because all the fanboys on here were talking about how (relatively) amazing the Terminator theming was when the ride opened. So it's a little hilarious that a good portion of theming has been taken out or tackily made-over. No finer example than a cheap looking sign covering the original.

Am i the only one that gets airtime on terminator 90% of the ride?

Same with Goliath, I cant fit for those restraints so i end up sitting right on the edge and get crazy air like that. Actually I forgot how I sat in it but it felt better than normal

I get airtime on Goliath and Terminator as well. Huge floater air on that Goliath hump!

I didn't think Terminator had all that much air, but Goliath had some pretty good moments! Nothing earth-shattering, but definitely more than just that famous third hill. I found both hyper-twisters I've ridden (Goliath and Raging Bull) to be pretty well-rounded, though I understand why some may find them lacking.