TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Just posted on SFMM's Facebook page:

BEEP BEEP! Just announced! Road Runner Express, SFMM's 17th coaster is set to debut on March 19th. Sized for families and little thrill-seekers in training (min. 36") and located in Bugs Bunny World, this steel coaster is 679 feet long with a 28-foot lift hill, reaching speeds up to 21 mph.

And the ride logo:

Yes, I remember a Coyote and even a Bear for awhile in the petting zoo cages and along the Granny Gran Prix route.

Yay! I'm not crazy. I was beginning to wonder after the week I've had at work. I did forget about the gran prix until you mentioned it though. Good times.

Just posted on SFMM's Facebook page:

BEEP BEEP! Just announced! Road Runner Express, SFMM's 17th coaster is set to debut on March 19th. Sized for families and little thrill-seekers in training

(height restriction min. 36")

and located in Bugs Bunny World, this steel coaster is 679 feet long with a 28-foot lift hill, reaching speeds up to 21 mph.

And the ride logo:

Edited by robbalvey

^Yeah, I remember when on CGA's bumper cars, you used to be able to do head on bumping, but I guess too many people were getting whiplash. It's too bad, I always thought the most fun of riding bumper cars was having you and a friend on opposite sides of the ride hitting each other at full speed.

I sooooo could care less for the ride. Im sorry MM fanboys. This is just a cheap way to act like you have a new ride. But really, its new paint and a backwards car. Wow

Any other park and this piece of scrap metal would be criticized by 90% of members here.

and you are correct Robb, your videos are much better. IMHO

^Sure it's probably still a pretty gentle ride imho, I care more for how you can finally feel the wind in your face because of how they removed that big nose in the front. Everything else to me is the same (other than being backwards).

I sooooo could care less for the ride. Im sorry MM fanboys. This is just a cheap way to act like you have a new ride. But really, its new paint and a backwards car. Wow

Any other park and this piece of scrap metal would be criticized by 90% of members here.

While I appreciate your comments on my videos, I have to say that I find the rest of your post unnecessarily insulting and rude to our members.

Sure, you're right, it IS just a backwards car and a new paint job....

BUT...what exactly is wrong with that? I don't have a problem at all when a park takes a ride that hasn't gotten much love or attention for the past decade and breathes new life in it. Same can be said for Texas Giant. Even BGT just gave Gwazi a media day for the new trains. Same can be said for Tower of Terror. When Walt Disney World re-programs Tower of Terror into a new drop sequence, that's really not much difference than this. Or when they take Space Mountain and give it a new paint job and new sound track, how is that really any different?

I personally think it's GREAT that parks continue to "plus" some of their older rides to make them current again. And the reality is this - the ONLY way they can justify spending that money on an old ride is to produce something they can re-market. If it makes an old and busted ride, new and smooth again... I'm all for it.

Otherwise some of these older rides would just rot away and be removed. Is that really what you prefer?

--Robb

I honestly think SFMM get's a LOT of flack (some of it deserved, some not) from people on this board. When the park does something wrong or questionable (height requirement on the roller skater that came out last year) people were all over it. Likewise, when they do something good, it's celebrated.

As Robb said, this is a good thing. They are breathing new life into a ride that DESPERATELY needed it. Superman cost so much $$ to build and the fact that it's not very popular anymore was probably not a good thing. This is going to make the ride popular and relevant again.

For me, because I've been going to SFMM since 1979 I have a lot of fond memories for the park. But likewise, when they do something bad I am not afraid to call it out. I know many other people on this board feel the same way. But I'm not going to bash this just for the sake of bashing it.

How about we call the thing Mr. Six's Kids Flash Express.

That sounds like Mr. Six is flashing the kids...expressly. lol.

How about Mr. Six's Kids Little Express?

Or just Mr. Six's Little Kids Express for the flow.

BTW - Have I mentioned that Roadrunner Express will have a 36" height restriction? I now take back anything I said before about the 42" fiasco. Glad to see the park got this sorted out. KidTums is too!

Edited by robbalvey

Here is an update about the SFMM 2011 Coasters!!

SUPERMAN: Escape from Krypton

They have put 2 videos of the ride testing and countruction photos!!

http://www.sixflags.com/magicMountain/rides/supermanescapefromkrypton.aspx

GREEN LANTERN, Road Runner Express, APOCALYPSE

They have posted construction pictures of Green Lantern.

While on the Green Lantern website on SFMM webpage, I notice that the video promotion of the 3 new experience coasters coming in 2011 looks different. So I went ahead and watch it, and they have change Terminater & the Kid's Coaster names to APOCALYPSE and Road Runner Express..

http://www.sixflags.com/magicMountain/rides/GreenLanternLA.aspx