TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

The scientists were paid to make up crap. End of story. Polar bears might be dying, temperature might change rapidly(I know, I live in New England), ice may be melting, but it is all natural. Guess what happens to the melted ice when it hits something cold, it freezes!

Temperature depends on the costal winds and the position of the earth relative to the sun.

Please stop talking about global warming. We are currently discussing SFMM getting snow. Please keep your discussion on that or something related to the park.

Thank you!

-Eric

The scientists were paid to make up crap.Blah...blah...blah...

Hey dude, one of the site's admins has told you to stop talking about global warming and stay on topic. You're not a scientist nor is that topic of this discussion. I'm giving you a 1-week ban for ignoring what Elissa told you, which was to stop talking about global warming and keep the thread on topic!!!

Next time pay attention and listen to the moderators.

Thank you!

Now please continue the discussion about Magic Mountain....

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

Considering it's SoCal, I wonder how many people will be disappointed that this wasn't a stop from the cocaine fairy, but just frozen water./terrible joke

I'm disappointed, because the addition of cocaine at SFMM might make the OTSRs on Revolution or the lopsided operation of Colossus understandable. /less terrible joke

I really don't miss snow from the midwest, but seeing it in a place that it doesn't belong is wicked cool. Do we know if the park stayed open today?

I couldn't make it over to the park today, but ABC News was reporting from the front of the park and they said the park had closed at 3:00 pm. Can anyone confirm that?

These are awesome pics....SF doesnt necessarily close their parks when it snows...I was at Elitch Gardens when it was still under their control...and it was snowing while I was on Twister II and Mind Eraser...during Fright Fest several years back....definitely is an experience....

I really don't miss snow from the midwest, but seeing it in a place that it doesn't belong is wicked cool. Do we know if the park stayed open today?

I couldn't make it over to the park today, but ABC News was reporting from the front of the park and they said the park had closed at 3:00 pm. Can anyone confirm that?

Yes, the park closed at 3pm today.

^ LOL. They must have brought the snow with them from Utah, and for that, I say thank you Alvey's!

Utah has plenty to spare right now! lol

I think it is great to see some snow at Magic Mountain. That is the first time I have seen snow on the tracks at the park, even if it is a light amount.

It is very strange seeing snow falling at the park! I'm not at all shocked to hear that the park closed early, the fact is that SFMM is not prepared for any amount of snow. The last time that I recall any measurable snow in the area was 1989 (I may be slightly off on the year, I would have been 4 and this is one of the earlier memories that I have). I'm hoping that a TPR member was at the park with a camera because I would love to see a few more pictures!

Just a quick (stupid) question. I've always thought SFMM was open all year round, but now I see that it's closed on weekdays in September 2011. Is this likely to change, or is this the way it has been the past few years?

^Won't change.

The park pretty much has this schedule for the year:

Jan - Mar = Weekends and Holidays only

Late Mar - Labor Day = Daily Operation

Labor Day - Xmas Break - Weekends and Holidays Only

Xmas Break = Daily