TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^I'd hope they just find a place for it in Hurricane Harbor, but one can only hope. Hurricane Harbor really hasn't received much of any updates since it opened...

I would actually argue with that and hope they DON'T put that in Hurricane Harbor. Old Wet/Dry slides like that just look so tacky compared to nice new waterslides. Plus they're a dime a dozen, you see them at every FEC in the country. I'd much rather see HH get the SFGAm treatment and put some of that stuff in. If they actually found a buyer for Sierra Falls I could see it fitting in better at a place like Mountasia than HH.

Yeah, I'd like to see most of the Hurricane Harbors get some version of what SFGAm is getting, as it looks pretty awesome!

Golf 'N' Stuff out here in Ventura County could use something like Sierra Falls. Right now they have two 18-hole courses, an arcade, bumper cars, and bumper boats. Of course, where they'd put it is another story.

Now I'm trying to picture how Mr. Flash is going to look in that spot.

Eric

^I'd hope they just find a place for it in Hurricane Harbor, but one can only hope. Hurricane Harbor really hasn't received much of any updates since it opened...

I would actually argue with that and hope they DON'T put that in Hurricane Harbor. Old Wet/Dry slides like that just look so tacky compared to nice new waterslides. Plus they're a dime a dozen, you see them at every FEC in the country. I'd much rather see HH get the SFGAm treatment and put some of that stuff in. If they actually found a buyer for Sierra Falls I could see it fitting in better at a place like Mountasia than HH.

Agreed. The last thing I'd want to see is SFHH's "new" ride being some old and busted wed/dry slide from the 80s. Of course they could always re-paint it, get new boats, add fire and audio and it's a win! Oh, wait, I mean just fire...

Edited by robbalvey

Could anyone tell me the kind of crowds I should expect tomorrow?

Thanks

Crowds should be light, and rain should stop around 5 AM in the morning, so no problem. Plus its a Sunday, and the day after Christmas. People are either tired or playing with their new "toys" and don't want to waste more money.

Contrary to my post right above here, I took a chance and went out to SFMM since it was in fact NOT raining (why I don't always take weather reports seriously). My main purpose was to renew my pass for next year, but I went into the park anyway.

After walking up to X2, I saw a lot of people leaving and figured that something was wrong (trains were running while I was waiting at the tollbooth, though). One person said that the ride was down "indefinitely." This was about 1:30.

I walked up to Rapids Camp and down the other side to see how long the line was for Terminaclypse, and it looked to be in the 30-40 minute range so I skipped it. Riddler, of course, was running the only train it has, so I went over to Batman. Two-train wait for the front; most other rows were empty.

Next was Scream!, followed by Goliath (two- to three-train waits for each), then I walked to the front of the park. Along the way, I noticed that Thomas Town has all of its Thomas signage removed, along with a barrier in front with a Closed sign. (I left my camera in the car, so no pictures of that---sorry).

I stopped at the Cyber Cafe and posted this report, then took the Orient Express up the hill to ride Ninja before stopping to ride Viper on my way out.

Eric

I walked up to Rapids Camp and down the other side to see how long the line was for Terminaclypse, and it looked to be in the 30-40 minute range so I skipped it. Riddler, of course, was running the only train it has, so I went over to Batman. Two-train wait for the front; most other rows were empty.

Next was Scream!, followed by Goliath (two- to three-train waits for each), then I walked to the front of the park.

This could be read as a silly question, but is Terminator/Apocalypse still seen as a major draw to the park? Unless it was running one train, I find it pretty amazing that a crowd that size would wait around half hour when rides like Batman and Scream and Goliath had very minimal waits. But hey, I don' t know much!

Jerry "Haven't been to SFMM since 2002" Koala

Contrary to my post right above here, I took a chance and went out to SFMM since it was in fact NOT raining (why I don't always take weather reports seriously).

Eric

Oh, really?

Crowds should be light, and rain should stop around 5 AM in the morning, so no problem.

Well acknowledge me, please

Contrary to my post right above here, I took a chance and went out to SFMM since it was in fact NOT raining (why I don't always take weather reports seriously).

Eric

Oh, really?

Crowds should be light, and rain should stop around 5 AM in the morning, so no problem.

Well acknowledge me, please

I might head down to the park sometime this week... Does anyone have an idea how the crowds will be? And another thing I still wonder about is that does X2 still close the line an hour before park closing or is that a thing of the past.. I know they used to do it back before the transformation and Im just wondering.. Thanks!

I might head down to the park sometime this week... Does anyone have an idea how the crowds will be? And another thing I still wonder about is that does X2 still close the line an hour before park closing or is that a thing of the past.. I know they used to do it back before the transformation and Im just wondering.. Thanks!

When I went in November '09 and this past April and October, it opened and closed with the park (so you could get in line 1 minute before park closing and still get a ride on it). But that's not to say that it doesn't happen...I've never been there in August like Tmcdllr has. Just ask an employee when you get there and they should tell you for sure. Have fun!