TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

It's very light rain on and off here...which is supposed to be the case the next five days. Wonder how long we'll see SFMM closed for? Maybe they didn't have any Company Christmas Picnic/Party's today so could make the decision to close. It will be interesting to see what they do the next few days.

It's pretty much been raining constantly since Wednesday night all over Southern California, so I'm not surprised they closed the park today. And looking at the 5 day forecast it doesn't look like it's going to give up any time soon.

I'm almost certain no guests would show up to the park anyway.

quick question where is the best place to get deals on tickets for SFMM i leave for the states in a week and will be heading to SFMM on the 9th of Jan, so is it better to just but at the gate or is there somewhere else that will sell them at a better rate.

quick question where is the best place to get deals on tickets for SFMM i leave for the states in a week and will be heading to SFMM on the 9th of Jan, so is it better to just but at the gate or is there somewhere else that will sell them at a better rate.

Join Club TPR, it is the best deal you can get anywhere. You can buy it online and print it at home/hotel/hostel. The many other benefits of Club TPR are just a bonus.

Edited by coasterguy4

I don't know if anyone knows this by now, but SFMM won't be having the Rock N' Ride New Year's Eave celebration.

probably because they are cutting back a lot. Tho MM is my favorite thrill park, its getting VERY cheap.

Remember this years Fright Fest!? HA

Do you see Tatsu's Station and que!?

thats all i can think of

I don't know if anyone knows this by now, but SFMM won't be having the Rock N' Ride New Year's Eave celebration.

probably because they are cutting back a lot. Tho MM is my favorite thrill park, its getting VERY cheap.

Remember this years Fright Fest!? HA

Do you see Tatsu's Station and que!?

thats all i can think of

I think this Fright Fest has been better then the past.

Six Flags Magic Mountain is closed...AGAIN...today.

This is really not going to help the "Hey I heard the park closed" GP Mentality!

Like you mentioned before, it's time for SFMM and Knotts to switch the crappiness factor.

I noticed SFOT is also closed for a New Year's event...is SFFT the only Six Flags staying open? They close at 1am on New Year's Eve.

SFDK's site says the new years eye event is still going on. well at least it's calender does.

www.sixflags.com/discoverykingdom/info/parkInfo.aspx

^As far as I know the only people who are unionized are the characters that roam the park, and they are actually a special case because they are working on a contract as part of an outside company.

Are you sure they're contract workers? I know they were up until 1972, with the trolls, but Six Flags brought those jobs in-house. I wasn't aware they ever went back to using an outside contractor. In fact, I'm pretty sure they haven't because they still advertise for those positions on the jobs page of their website. If they used an outside contractor, they wouldn't advertise for the positions.

Kurt Dahlin

LINK REMOVED

ADMIN EDIT: While we welcome you to Theme Park Review, your website's link has been removed as per the rules outlined by our Terms of Service. Until you have 50 legitimate posts on the forum, you are not allowed to post links to external websites unless you receive prior approval from Robb or the moderators.

Edited by jedimaster1227

I tried going to the park Saturday with another member (CoasterCrazy88) because we thought that the park would still be open, even with the medium amount of rain. We drove up and they were just turning cars around. A supervisor said "There was less than a 100 people at the gate waiting for the park to open, and it would've been silly to run the whole park in this weather, so we aren't even going to open." The rain tapered off a bit into the afternoon, but then picked up again around three or so. Would've been a fun and empty day at the Mountain, but alas, it was not meant to be.

---Brent

If there were about 100 people or less at the park gates on a SUNNY day, would they open?

That is a good point...I'm kind of interested in hearing what kind of answer they'd give haha

But maybe they'll use the extra time they're closed to work on Terminator/Apocalypse? I doubt it but it's at least a nice thought...better that they start earlier rather than later, right?

If there were about 100 people or less at the park gates on a SUNNY day, would they open?

There was a record breaking hot day this summer, it was 115 degrees and I was at the park. Actually, a TPR guy was there too and posted a picture of Ninja getting the welding done (which I too saw).

The day started off with no more than 200 people waiting to get in, and ended with absolutely no more than 100 leaving. Most people were in Hurricane harbor and many even got out of MM to go there instead! It was a great day tho, met a lot of new people, talked to workers, rode everything, all the water rides, got de-hydrated, experienced X2's flames in 115 degree weather, rode Viper twice in the magic seats....

Deja Vu was down, ninja was down, and (duh) superman was down. That was it. Goliath stopped on the lift like 10 times XD.

everything was either a station wait or a walk-on. Ahhh good times.

So to answer your question, yes, the park would still open.

I find it odd that the decision to close the park could be made withing that short period of time. Most parks I've come across either know they will open or stay closed hours before scheduled opening. Then again, I don't know the exact time the park decided to throw in the towel on the operating day. It just helps having a final decision well in advance so you can tell people not to show up for work instead of not opening and still having to pay them report pay.