TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^It's not gang infested like it use to be. I don't think you should run into any negative encounters with the guests. As for the staff, some are better than others but I also doubt that you will be having any problems with them either. The staff at SFMM these days are pretty nice.

WCB is going to be sweet!!!

Gangsters, not really anymore. Scumbags absolutely, but that's with almost every park. The park does have metal detectors and bag checks for extra safety, as well as a few police officers. Family friendly, yes, but wherever there are teens you will have bad language and inappropriate comments (unless you are Guys kids then it is dinner table conversation ), but thats everywhere in general. Everyplace has it's good and bad but it's not like East LA if thats what your worried about.

Hmmm teens at SFMM. My favorite memory of a teenager at SFMM was when in 2006 in July when Tatsu's line was around 3 hours long. I saw two teens hoping the gates that seperate the normal path to Tatsu's line. Hard to explain, but they were successful. But it was funny because one of them fell backwards.

I cannot wait for WCB 2011! The SFMM day was on my birthday last year, and it was awesome! During nighttime ERT, I literally had Batman: The Ride to myself! Pretty sweet. Of course, the Knott's day will be on my birthday in 2011, so I'm looking forward to that! Plus because I had such an awesome time last year, I'm suggesting WCB to a few friends. So thanks to Robb, Elissa, and everyone else who plans this out and does all that work so that we can all have fun. I'm sure I'll enjoy next year's event even more than this year's!

On another note, I LOVE Superman's new colors! Hopefully we'll at least get a backstage tour if it's not open by WCB. Hey, I can dream, can't I?

I just noticed in that great nigh time shot of S:EFK that it appears Goliath is lit up in the back ground with orange lighting. I've only ever seen Goliath lit up on the lifthill with the green light, is this orange lighting something new or is it something I just never noticed before?

Also my worst visit to a park EVER! was to SFGAm unless the park is open for a private TPR event, I never in life want to go back to that place. The park itself had nothing to do with it, I loved the park I thought the rides were great and the park was beautiful it was the monsters trolling the park that made the visit a nightmare. This was in 2006 and when I almost leave a park in handcuffs for going on a rampage then no that's not a place for me lol. I am usually a very level minded cool headed person. I'm more into laughing and having fun. The Rudeness, line jumping, basket ball bouncing and throwing hitting other people in line with them push me total over the edge. At one point I thought I was in the middle of the court during a lakers game but when one dude hit my girl at the time in the face with a ball and then had the gore to say B*tch shouldn't of been in my way I went ape sh*T nuts. You had groups of people would just barge their way to the front of the line literally pining you to the que railings. So called security walking doing nothing, brawls on the midways and I see why, the attitudes and rudeness those people had made New Yorkers look like the nicest people on the planet lol I had no problems at SFGADv and this is the park I had heard might have some pretty tough crowds, they were no angels of course but man SFGADv crowds were in no way as bad as the monsters running around SFGAm I will never go back.

Anyways can't wait for WCB 2011

This is a curious question,

How are the park's demographics?'

Do you see a lot of gangsters, and such at the park?

Do you see a lot of LA's scumbags at the park on a daily basis?

Or is it mostly family's there?

Have you ever seen anyone causing trouble at the park?

At night, it can get a little worse but not to bad.

I cannot wait for WCB 2011! The SFMM day was on my birthday last year, and it was awesome! During nighttime ERT, I literally had Batman: The Ride to myself! Pretty sweet. Of course, the Knott's day will be on my birthday in 2011, so I'm looking forward to that! Plus because I had such an awesome time last year, I'm suggesting WCB to a few friends. So thanks to Robb, Elissa, and everyone else who plans this out and does all that work so that we can all have fun. I'm sure I'll enjoy next year's event even more than this year's!

How do you sign up for West Coast Bash? I was not able to last year, but wish to attend this year. I checked the event list from the homepage and I don't see it, maybe I'm blind or maybe it's just not there!

How do you sign up for West Coast Bash? I was not able to last year, but wish to attend this year. I checked the event list from the homepage and I don't see it, maybe I'm blind or maybe it's just not there!

Only the dates have been announced so far. Information on signing up should be available soon.

Only the dates have been announced so far. Information on signing up should be available soon.

Awesome! Thanks! I'll have to keep checking back.

I would guess that by then, construction would likely be started. Even ground clearing. Neither Green Lantern nor Little Flash should take long to go up. Of course, in Little Flash's case, Sierra Falls needs to come down first.

On another note, the old Sierra Twist space has become a little park. When I was there last Sunday I walked past it and noticed a sign, but for the life of me, I can't remember what they've called it.

Eric

Wow, awesome pics of the paint job! Nobody knows what's going on in that spot, I'd imagine Superman is not going back up there, as in the promos the S shield is on that side of the tower. But who knows, we won't find out until they want us to.

What I'm trying to figure out is why there are all those cables attached to the tower? Maybe they're going to be making a huge Christmas tree out of Christmas lights? That's all I can think of as I don't see any other reason why they'd have them.

I believe Sky Tower did that for a number of years.

^Yeah that is the best one. The red and yellow at the top kind of clash, but it still looks great.

I now see that those cables are attached to the painter platform. I thought more of them went off to the sides but I guess I was wrong!

@ jray21, yep, Pistachio Park. That's the name. And I'll bet there ain't a pistachio anywhere near there.

Honestly, though, it's nice to have somewhere to sit. I've noticed that there aren't really that many benches at SFMM---and they can sure use more, that is, unless they like people sitting on curbs and railings...

Eric

Maybe they'll have a 2011 sign up there for new years this year. Am i crazy, but i remember a while ago when superman was announced to be transformed but no one knew what, an article mentioned that the ride would hit the brakes at the top and leave you there for a little.