TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Honstly I was just thinking about WCB and was wondering when some info will be released lol...Last year I was only able to go to the Knott's day...Hopefully I can go to both. Looks like i'll have to RDO some days or switch with somebody from my work to go to both days...Can't wait!! This event is well put to together!!

Any idea on how much longer Viper will last?

Viper is after all the last of the Arrow mega loopers.

You guys think it will still be around for a few years longer, or is it really showing its age?

How well is it holding together?

Viper's not that rough, and it's still fairly popular (guess it has X2 to thank for that). My only problem with it is that I can't fit comfortably in the restraints.

It'll stick around for a while though. If nothing else, they'll keep it just to keep the record

^ this is totally random, but speaking of spring break, when is it in general in Cali?

There's more then a few school districts in LA and outlaying areas. I am willing to bet SFMM would look like a slow if not normal summer weekday any time during their spring break events.

Anyways as long as you get to SFMM before opening and stay until closing I see no reason why you can't get a ride on every open ride (rollercoaster). Just work your way around the park in a big loop. When I was there I should have started on the right side (northern side) of the park and made a big circle. But I wanted to get a good spot for terminator so me and my dad's girlfriend rode in the very front, with no one else on the train. I was scared it was going to be a bad ride since everyone else was going for X2 or Tatsu and Dejavu.

^ this is totally random, but speaking of spring break, when is it in general in Cali?

This year is going to be REALLY messed up with the super late Easter Holiday. You basically have to assume that some major district is in break from late March through the end of April. From SFMM's calendar you can also get a good idea and they're showing the last two weeks of April with later closings meaning those will be the two big Spring Break weeks.

Any idea on how much longer Viper will last?

Viper is after all the last of the Arrow mega loopers.

You guys think it will still be around for a few years longer, or is it really showing its age?

How well is it holding together?

Viper was just repainted a couple seasons back, and still runs quite well. It was always the best of those mega-loopers. I don't see it going anywhere for a while; its a record holder (tallest loop), contributes 7 inversions to the parks total count, and is the only traditional sit-down looper (aside from Rev) in the park. It has a role and fills it quite nicely, not to mention it just has a very striking visual appeal.

Think for wcb I will just spring for the gold flashpass just to be safe. It will be the only day all year I will be there and I don't want to miss anything. Ty for the reply though.

It's your call, but I would not get the flashpass if I were you. We were able to(relatively easily) hit up every coaster in the park (besides deja vu, but it broke) in evening ERT alone. Not to mention the 2 hours of morning ert that you have pretty much cover all the rides the GP heads to first, and if its liked last year the backstage tour takes you right into Gotham, so you can get Batman, Riddler, and Goliath walk ons pretty quick before the GP head over. Do what you want, but thats my advice.

I never got it last year either. With morning ERT and being a lot farther in the park than the GP for opening, we hit every ride with an hour of the park officially opening. Also, there are usually special event/tours/lunches/presentations during the day so for a large part of the day I wouldn't be using it. Nighttime ERT is incredible. A lot of people are tired from the morning ERT and being in the park all day, that many of them go home for evening ERT. Rides like Terminator, Batman , and Riddler were either entirely empty, or had just one other group the whole night. Amy and I rode Riddler's revenge twice with no one else on the train. I would just wait and see until the day of the event whether or not to get a flash pass, and what kind. If I were to buy one, I would wait to purchase it until the GP finally started making their way in and the lines started growing.

Edited by jray21

^Night ERT was two hours last year, and every coaster in the park except Deja Vu (breakdown) and Ninja (scheduled maintenance) was operating. In addition, they were running both tracks on Colossus and were racing the trains. I would assume that this year will be pretty similar, although the park has tried to improve it each year so we'll have to wait (most likely until the day of the event) to find out for sure.

^^ Usually about 2 hours. (rcdude beat me to it)

Honestly, Gold Flashpass isn't even needed for WCB. Last year the park was actually pretty busy during the day but we still managed to get our fill. After morning ERT just make sure you are in the back of the park to get the non-ERT rides in. Not sure what rides will be on morning ERT, but it NEVER disappoints. EVER!!!

Plus, as the day progresses closer to closing time, ride times will be shorter as well. Typically the hours between 9-10 is like a pre-ERT on most rides.

You also have to remember that WCB typically has back-stage tours and of course the awesome lunches. Plus the amazing Q&A sessions. There simply isn't enough time (IMO) where you would need a Flashpass, and again, it's not even needed.

And even the smallest amount of "cooler/rainy" weather will keep the GP away.

^^ Usually about 2 hours. (rcdude beat me to it)

Honestly, Gold Flashpass isn't even needed for WCB. Last year the park was actually pretty busy during the day but we still managed to get our fill. After morning ERT just make sure you are in the back of the park to get the non-ERT rides in. Not sure what rides will be on morning ERT, but it NEVER disappoints. EVER!!!

Plus, as the day progresses closer to closing time, ride times will be shorter as well. Typically the hours between 9-10 is like a pre-ERT on most rides.

You also have to remember that WCB typically has back-stage tours and of course the awesome lunches. Plus the amazing Q&A sessions. There simply isn't enough time (IMO) where you would need a Flashpass, and again, it's not even needed.

And even the smallest amount of "cooler/rainy" weather will keep the GP away.

You really couldn't sum it up better than this.

The park was quite busy on the Saturday of WCB.. but in all honesty, with all of the planned activities, there wasn't much time to ride anything..

This is a curious question,

How are the park's demographics?'

Do you see a lot of gangsters, and such at the park?

Do you see a lot of LA's scumbags at the park on a daily basis?

Or is it mostly family's there?

Have you ever seen anyone causing trouble at the park?