TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I got it. Perfect new name for TS:TR: Machine Hunt. It'll start off with the park announcing the new name and theme to the press, followed by machine enthusiasts everywhere crying foul and saying the park is supporting the hunting of machines, even though machines are an endangered species and part of the park's mission is to educate and help protect the machines.

"And sports fans' money isn't good?" (Bolliger&Mabillard)

There needs to be someplace on this green earth where you can escape the obsession with sports in this country.

Eric

THANK YOU!!!

I was beginning to think there was something wrong with me because I don't care for sports.

I am into cars.. there's my sport.

It's understandable why parks need to make a profit on food, but they haven't yet seemed to figure out that if you provide good quality food, more people will buy it. And...*SURPRISE!*...more profit!

Amazing concept, huh?

Eric

It's understandable why parks need to make a profit on food, but they haven't yet seemed to figure out that if you provide good quality food, more people will buy it. And...*SURPRISE!*...more profit!

This is a "Frequent Visitor Season Passholder" way of thinking though. Most people come to the park for an entire day and they are a captive audience. When you have 15,000 - 20,000 people in your park that have to eat at some point during the day, they don't really have any place to go other than to eat in the park.

So if you are going to make a choice for them, might as well make the choice something that brings in more revenue.

I don't disagree with your logic at all, but when the company isn't in the best financial position, I'm sure they want to squeeze every penny they can out of that $9 burger.

--Robb

^This 'quality' of food issue continues at most parks.

When I'm at a Theme Park (aka Disney or Six Flags) I have no issue with paying $10+ for a burger and fries (no drink) But, is it really to much to ask for that the food be decent?

I mean come on, your making a hugh profit on that meal, at least deliver a product that meets or hopefully exceeds our expectations. If your at a chain restaurant (TGI Etc...)and spend Ten Dollars your going to get a decent product. Why theme parks often come up short is beyond me.

Preparing food for 20,000 people every single day is no easy task. You can't just hire a gourmet chef, throw him in the kitchen at Waterfront, and expect everything to magically improve.

Here's an article on how USH does it: http://articles.latimes.com/2010/aug/12/business/la-fi-0812-universal-kitchen-20100812-74

While not all parks centralize everything like USH does, the idea is still the same: your kitchen needs to be set up to be able to handle a high volume of food to be prepared and ready to serve in a timely manner. Over and over again. That's not cheap. Even something as simple as a higher quality hamburger patty may require more refrigerator space, more prep time, a different cooking method, etc. etc. that all add to the cost.

I understand that they are trying to make as much money as they can on food. But it is just frustrating to see whenever I go to the food place at a Costco, and I can get fast service with good tasting food for very little money. All ask for is that the park does at least one of those three, because all three are horrible.