TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^I would guess Thursday would be the lightest crowd day, but weather may come into play. Right now Thursday is scheduled to be windy and cold which could result in some rides being down...but from what I've seen of the weather forecasting out here this will probably change twice by then!

Glad to see Superman getting the attention it deserves. I'm really hoping this whole thing isn't just a grand paint job with a side of flipped cars, but in all fairness, here's to Superman finally obtaining that "must ride" classification again after so long.

The new color scheme on Superman doesn't look bad by any means, but it seems like am the only one here who is a fan of the old one. Silver/grey worked for me. It made the ride look like a tower of steel. A perfect fit for the Man of Steel.

But if new paint, new cars and going backwards is what it takes to bring life to an older ride, then it's all good. I hope this trend of refreshing older rides continues. Slowly, all the faults of Magic Mountain are being removed or fixed. I like this.

I was at "The Mountain" today. It was very cold and had a lot of people. Here are a few things of note:

- X2 (I don't ride it anyway) was not operating because of the wind????

- Riddler only has 1 train. The wait times are outrageous. Good thing I'm a single and used that line. The other 2 trains missing.

- Scream operation was occasional because of the wind. The line was out the entry.

- Goliath line was out the entrance with all switchbacks open. I waited 1 hour to ride. 2 train operation.

- Deja Vu down for maintenance. The train was missing.

I didn't have a good visit . Not their fault - just too many people, cold and windy and not enough resources. Sometimes "you just pays your money and takes your chances."

Yes, Superman does look great!

I just watched a commercial for their toys for tots thing in December. I never knew they did that. Knott's has always done that, which I unfortunately took part in last year. It was so crowded because everyone knew about it. Does it get crowded with Magic Mountain doing this event?

^Yes.

^^That sounds pretty bad. I didn't think it was that windy today, I mean, I could understand no fire effects, but shutting the whole ride seems odd. Sometimes you get screwed going on a holiday because they're often short staffed.

Edited by SharkTums

^Yes.

^^That sounds pretty bad. I didn't think it was that windy today, I mean, I could understand no fire effects, but shutting the whole ride seems odd. Sometimes you get screwed going on a holiday because they're often short staffed.

I hear what you're saying about staffing. I don't have a choice, I came here from South Florida to ride. I had the same line experience the previous 2 days at Knotts. I thought you "So Cal" folks stayed home when the weather wasn't perfect.

I'll be back for the next 3 days before I fly home. I'll try to control my complaining.

I was at "The Mountain" today. It was very cold and had a lot of people. Here are a few things of note:

- X2 (I don't ride it anyway) was not operating because of the wind????

- Riddler only has 1 train. The wait times are outrageous. Good thing I'm a single and used that line. The other 2 trains missing.

- Scream operation was occasional because of the wind. The line was out the entry.

- Goliath line was out the entrance with all switchbacks open. I waited 1 hour to ride. 2 train operation.

- Deja Vu down for maintenance. The train was missing.

I didn't have a good visit . Not their fault - just too many people, cold and windy and not enough resources. Sometimes "you just pays your money and takes your chances."

That one Riddler train being sent to Six Flags Great Adventure for Green Lantern is going to be a disaster for the Magic Mountain unless they eventually purchase a new one. As soon as one train goes down or is in rehab you have 1 train operation, and with a long cycle time and slow dispatches, the ride is always going to have a long line. Yes, I strongly suggest using the single rider line.

If there are high winds X2 can valley, so a shutdown is understandable. I don't wait an hour for Goliath anymore, I just don't think its worth it. It is out of character for Scream to have such a long line. But as SharkTums said low staffing on a holiday, nonetheless one like Thanksgiving, will lead to a tough visit at the park. Sometimes there are good days, sometimes there are bad.

I've been there on bad days and it can be rather miserable. Better luck next time!