TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

If you've ever been on a ride shutdown during a Superman The Escape cycle the magnets that launch you shut off and you find yourself behind the station--you're quickly braked to a halt. Those magnetic brakes back there are the same as the ones on the top of the tower.

I was under the belief that the brakes behind the station are rare-earth magnets that actually require a wenching system to free the train? That would be a bit of a problem to have at the top of the tower.

Also, isn't the prospect of flying through the station and hitting those emergency brakes forwards a little worrisome? Seems like it would be quite painful...less painful than not stopping at all, of course, but still.

I experienced a Superman station fly-through into the rare earth magnets. I wish it required a wench. I could've used mouth to mouth from something saucy. Instead the ride crew called an ugly, coverall wearing mechanic. He fired up a winch and we completed our escape.

If you've ever been on a ride shutdown during a Superman The Escape cycle the magnets that launch you shut off and you find yourself behind the station--you're quickly braked to a halt. Those magnetic brakes back there are the same as the ones on the top of the tower.

I was under the belief that the brakes behind the station are rare-earth magnets that actually require a wenching system to free the train? That would be a bit of a problem to have at the top of the tower.

Nope. They can jog it forward from there. The Winch is there to pull the car back when it gets stuck somewhere besides the base of the tower.

Well, I really don't think they can do much more to give away the gate... Honestly I think they're shooting themselves in the foot by giving people admission for next to nothing but that's another discussion.

Has X2's original audio been put back on the ride or did they keep the Halloween audio?

Well, I really don't think they can do much more to give away the gate...

Season Passes to SFMM has been in the $60 range for a few years now. Not sure how keeping them there is giving away the gate any more or less than has been previously done. Offering 4 free Hurricane Harbor Season Passes with the purchase of 4 Magic Mountain passes merely adds a new potential value to the plans of groups, families, or anyone else who already would buy 4 Magic Mountain Season Passes, or would group a purchase of four together since this offer now exists. It's the kind of offer that's perfect for the holiday season when families like to buy en mass for their own family and others.

If nothing else, the offer should boost the sales of season passes to both parks, which should in turn increase traffic to both parks - a good thing for SFMM.

^^ Every time I go, i get one. It's awesome! i usually get to re ride rides 3 times or more! The downside, is that some ride's Qbot line doesn't connect with the real line, and is in the exit instead.. What sucks about that is when you get to the ride, the person you cut gives you death stares, and uncomfortable looks. It's kind of hard to enjoy your ride because you feel bad... The only ride i can think of that does that is ninja.

Season Passes to SFMM has been in the $60 range for a few years now. Not sure how keeping them there is giving away the gate any more or less than has been previously done. Offering 4 free Hurricane Harbor Season Passes with the purchase of 4 Magic Mountain passes merely adds a new potential value to the plans of groups, families, or anyone else who already would buy 4 Magic Mountain Season Passes, or would group a purchase of four together since this offer now exists. It's the kind of offer that's perfect for the holiday season when families like to buy en mass for their own family and others.

If nothing else, the offer should boost the sales of season passes to both parks, which should in turn increase traffic to both parks - a good thing for SFMM.

In theory it should increase traffic to both parks. But has it? To me it seems that the only traffic that has increased is the amount of teenagers and other low-spending guests. I don't have any official statistics or anything like that, but to me it seems like they're catering more and more to people who don't spend hardly any money in the park - a bad thing.

Has Magic Mountain even seen an increase in attendance these last few years?