TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Somewhat random question but does anyone know when the dates of wcb are usually announced so I can start to make my travel plans. Every year I see the pics and reports and every year I say next year so this will finally be the year.

WCB 2011 dates should be announced soon enough, but for now I believe that nothing has been officially confirmed. When the dates come out, you'll have more than enough time to plan out hotels, transport, etc.

We are for sure getting a room for WCB this year for a mid-afternoon break. I was sicker than a dog this year and by the end of the night I was exhausted from so much fun and only managed 1 ride on Terminator and 2 on racing Colossus for Night ERT. Granted, it didn't help that I only had like 2 hours sleep the night before.

^ Odd place for it. I didn't even think to look for it while riding, being that I figured it would have been parked on the transfer track. But I still wonder if it's headed for the scrap yard or sitting out being used to keep the other two going. I believe that these three trains are the only B&M wood coaster trains in existence, and I'm sure that B&M isn't going to make any more.

And it's hard to believe that they're 20 years old, too.

Eric

Looks like Red is being used for parts for the Orange and Yellow trains. Several parts were taken off already.

^I believe its going to be in the Looney Tunes section of the park. Which is kinda odd, unless they plan to make a DC superhero kid friendly area around the location of the ride.

Oh well, better than Kid's Coaster. And it'll be nice to see Superman up and ready for the Spring Break crowd.

I have to wonder if Little Flash is going in the old Sierra Twist location. The concrete has been torn up over there for awhile??

I don't think the Sierra Twist area is big enough for the roller skater, unless they tear out a bit more of the hillside. And I believe there was supposed to be a new restaurant going into that location. Since Yosemite Sam Sierra Falls is coming out, I'm thinking that the so-called Little Flash will go in somewhere near there.

Eric

Seriously, "Little Flash"? Don't get me wrong, It's cirtainly a better name than "Mr. Six's Dancecoaster" and "Kids Coaster", but just putting "little" in front of a famous superhero's name just seems so...hasty.

Besides, wouldn't it just just make more sense to name it and theme it after the actual Kid Flash from the comics? For those of you who don't know I mean this guy:

Wally West, before he became the 3rd Flash. They'd have to re-paint the track yellow, but at least it would make more sense!

I like the Little Flash name, much better than Mr Six's Dance Coaster. But seriously, it doesn't matter what it's called.

I'm excited to see pictures of the paint on Superman, or maybe I'll get there tomorrow and see it myself!

I also can't wait to see some sticks in ground for Green Lantern!

Wow, 2 new superhero names in the park! Pretty cool!