TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

It seems the video isn't a hoax as Screamscape has posted saying that the cables on Superman are for the re-paint of the ride which is expected to begin soon. That is probably the reason why it will be closed so long is for the re-paint.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_magic_mountain.htm

Edited by SoCalCoasters

I believe the video was a leak and they weren't ready to officially announce it yet, hence the name "Kid's Coaster" in the video. I'm sure it was a rough copy of the announcement video they wanted to make, and then someone got their hands on it and leaked it out. I'm sure we'll see the real video whenever they decide on a name for the ride formerly known as Mr. Six's Dance Coaster.

Just thought of something that most likely has some truth.

This is not the full video

Why?

1. The video says three coaster experiences yet only two are actually announced fully.

2. During the Green Lantern section the music changes oddly, and the timing of the sound effects becomes messed up (may just be youtube), hence my reasoning that part of the video's soundtrack was removed to make it seem like it was the complete video.

3. Where's the Vekoma? (not that many care) It doesn't make sense that the third new coaster would not be shown in the video

4. Kid's Coaster??? Ok everyone knows this isn't the final video because the name has not yet been chosen for the Roller Skater

Just my reasoning...probably wrong but oh well, my input I guess

Edited by SoCalCoasters

Why?

1. The video says three coaster experiences yet only two are actually announced fully.

2. During the Green Lantern section the music changes oddly, and the timing of the sound effects becomes messed up, hence my reasoning that part of the video's soundtrack was removed to make it seem like it was the complete video.

3. Where's the Vekoma? (not that many care) It doesn't make sense that the third new coaster would not be shown in the video

4. Kid's Coaster??? Ok everyone knows this isn't the final video because the name has not yet been chosen for the Roller Skater

That may actually be true... But I didn't really notice any odd change in sound effects.

I noticed that too, it almost seems like part of the video is missing and what is strange is that they already know the layout of the kids coaster and the location (and it has been built once before), so why not have it in there? They have a new coaster in there that hasn't even been built yet. If this is about the name that doesn't make sense, they could still put the coaster in and just call it what it is for now, then when they decide, change it before it gets released. But since this video was leaked this may not be the version we see when they make the announcement.

3D modeling is time consuming and expensive. It makes sense to model Superman and Green Lantern because the park can use this footage for promotional purposes beyond this one video. They probably made a decision to not spend the extra money to model something as insignificant as a kid's coaster. A simple promo image would do just fine and cost a fraction of the money.

I could believe that "Kid's Coaster" is a placeholder name, but the video looks pretty finalized to me. I've been wrong before, though...so who knows.

Why?

2. During the Green Lantern section the music changes oddly, and the timing of the sound effects becomes messed up (may just be youtube), hence my reasoning that part of the video's soundtrack was removed to make it seem like it was the complete video.

Honestly, people really need to STOP POSTING unless they have READ the past few pages.

THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN DISCUSSED!!!

The next time I see posts where someone is bringing up some "new revelation" that is actually something that has been brought up before the post will be deleted and you'll get a 7-day suspension from the forums.

Stop wasting our bandwidth. READ THE THREAD!!!

--Robb "We already know that this is not the final video but a leaked work-in-progress." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

^^ Lets just hope they don't decide to do something that Cedar Fair would do. (Roller Skater I hope not...) Since they have been doing more on the theming lately, I hope that it's maybe themed to something even though it's just a kids coaster. It would be awesome if they could have the public vote on which theme/name that they should use. Oh well.

Lets go for DEJA VU Jr. or Goliath Jr. 2

Took both my girls on Ninja for the first time Friday, they loved it. I knew they would like it, but they had to brave the scare zone up there to get to the coaster. After 3 rides they ran for the Orient Express, and I went to check out the maze we got a tour of during WCB. Awesome maze, actually got "scared" a couple times. The scare zone was pretty good too, I think what they did right was that it was hard sometimes to tell the scare actors from the GP. So, I literally didn't notice some of them 'til they were right in my face.

^ Glad your kids liked Ninja. It was one of my son's favorites when he was younger, and it's still one of his favorites.

Was also at Fright Fest Friday (and last night) and had a blast!

Went on Friday with some friends just to check out the event, didn't find it TOO scary so I took my son last night so he could have his first "Haunt" experience. He totally loved it. It was significantly more crowded last night, but still had a great time. Ran into William which is always a good thing!!!

I'm still waking up, I'll post some pics later.

Ninja was also Diana's first "big" coaster and she still likes it to this day. Having a 42" height limit is a great thing because the younger kids can ride it and "get their feet wet" coasterwise.

Being that I've been up since about 5 this morning and can't seem to get back to sleep, I may just take a run out to SFMM later on. It's been over a month since my last visit (I'm slipping) so I'm due for a coaster ride or three---at the very least my annual ride on backwards Colossus.

Whether I'll stick around for Fright Fest depends on how I feel. It's been way too long since I did that event, but I'll report back if I do.

Eric

I usually sit in the front of the Psyclone train (which would be the back of the Colossus train) just because I like the unobstructed view of the track going away from you. Have they been "racing" the trains? On my one ride last year they did race and it made the ride a bit more fun.

When/if I get out there, I'm going to look into whether Xtreme Play Passholders have special access to mazes. Sometime back, I seem to recall hearing that maze access was free if you had that pass.

Maybe tonight's Fright Fest-ivities won't be too crowded being that tomorrow is a work/school day.

Eric

Why is it that whenever something cool gets announced, I'm already about 20 pages late?

I just saw the video and all I can say is WOW! I never would've expected this kind of thing to happen to Magic Mountain (again*) in a million years. I love 3000+ miles away from SFMM and I want to get on the first plane to Los Angeles when these all open! I absolutely love the look of the "new" Superman coaster and I think it's gonna look so much better for the park's skyline than that crummy, dull grey. I also noticed that they just glanced over the former Mr. Six coaster, so they must still be thinking of a proper theme. If they're going all out with the two superhero themes, I think it would be interesting if they re-themed it to a more kid-friendly DC character, such as Krypto the Super-Dog.

More importantly, I can't wait to see if Cedar Point will retaliate in 2012.

EDIT: I'd like to apologize in advance if I unintentionally piss off Robb even more.

^^ Good to know. I had 3 really good rides on it over Fri/Sat ... granted we sat in the front (or is it back).

(the back of the Psyclone train)

We sat closer to the front of the Psyclone train, which I guess would be the back for Colossus backwards and had a bad ride. Later in the evening, we rode in the back of Psyclone train (front of the train going backwards) and the ride was much better!

Perhaps the former DanceCoaster will become "DeVa Ju-nior."

Superman has always looked unfinished because of its grayish paint job. It's going to look great in color. Also, I noticed that the cars may keep the stadium seating. That'll be a good thing if it works out that way.

Eric