TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I still find it funny that everyone was bashing me last month for saying that SFMM ws getting a ZacSpin

I can still say this: I. Told. You. So.

(note: not trying to brag, just trying to prove the point that mindless bashing isn't always correct, especially when the person is correct)

Edited by SoCalCoasters

I still find it funny that everyone was bashing me last month for saying that SFMM ws getting a ZacSpin

I can still sya this: I. Told. You. So.

(note: not trying to brag, just trying to prove the point that mindless bashing isn't always correct, especially when the person is correct)

Lucky guesses will do that.

On the subject of Riddler's Revenge & Green Lantern being the same color...

Why don't they repaint Riddler Green and Purple? Doesn't the Riddler have a green suit with a purple mask?

On the subject of Riddler's Revenge & Green Lantern being the same color...

Why don't they repaint Riddler Green and Purple? Doesn't the Riddler have a green suit with a purple mask?

You are correct. I think that would look pretty rad but I can't see SFMM doing that, although I wish they would!

riddler.jpg.4c139cfa3ed3de49dab1caef80477f99.jpg

You know, if its not a name, its a paint job. I know you guys aren't flaming the paint job like people are flaming Cheetah Hunt, but I don't think the GP is that dumb enough to think Green Lantern and Riddler's Revenge are the same coaster based on the paint.

I don't mean to complain about it or anything, but come on. Both look cool in green and black.

^ I'm really surprised at the all the disappointment towards Superman: Escape From Krypton. Getting the chance to ride Superman backwards has been a fanboy dream for as long as I could remember (The first time I rode it, I thought how neat it would be to ride reverse,) and now that the dream is finally coming true people seem unexcited.

As for the Zacspin... I never thought this ride would ever end up on U.S. soil and now that it has, I feel like SFMM is bringing two big fanboy dreams to life! So thank you Six Flags!

^The cars can spin freely and the crazinesses is really determined by the weight distribution in each car.

Exactly...one of the flaws of the ZacSpin is basically that if you end up with too good of weight distribution you may end up with a slightly tamer ride. I will say though that this is only a slight flaw as I don't think I had a bad ride on INSANE, but the other model Zac Spin I did get a few "meh" rides on where it didn't spin at all.

It's entirely possible that you'll wait two hours in line...and get a crappy ride...whereas the guy behind you in line will get an OMFGWTFOMFG ride on it. But really, that's kind of the same thing that goes for any spinning coaster.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

The ZacSpin has always been a curious type of coaster to me. Never in a million years did I think that one would end up at SFMM. But even though it's a fairly short ride and most people will have to wait an eternity to ride it, I'm glad that I'll get such a chance. It would have been nice to see SFMM get a customized---and somewhat longer---version, but this one will be fine.

And as someone said previously, I'm glad to see SFMM working with Intamin again. Perhaps that will pay off with another coaster in the future.

Eric

EDIT: Notice that the new Superman cars have a pair of smaller wheels at each corner of the car instead of the giant wheels the old cars had. I wonder how well the smaller wheels will hold up...

So now we know what's coming for 2011. And none of it apparently involves Deja Vu, so I'm wondering why it's going to be closed till next spring? Surely some rehab/maintenance, but would it need to be closed that long?

Eric

Thank you Elissa for the reassurance a few pages ago that larger riders shouldn't have trouble with the new ZacSpin coaster. I do, just barely, fit into the seat belts and T-bar restraints of Xcelerator so I'm guessing, based on your description, that I should fit fairly easily on Green Lantern. I'll definitely be hoping for TPR events related to the opening of these rides.

P.S. It's awesome to see so much action in this thread about one of my favorite parks.

P.P.S. If you would have told me 5 or 6 years ago that SFMM would be one of my favorite parks, I'd have told you that you were nuts!

EDIT: Notice that the new Superman cars have a pair of smaller wheels at each corner of the car instead of the giant wheels the old cars had. I wonder how well the smaller wheels will hold up...

I wondered about that too. With the wheels being smaller they will rotate faster so you would think the surface and the bearings could wear faster. But then you gotta figure their rides like KK and TTD, that go faster than 100mph use similar wheels/bearings/bogeys and I dont remember ever hearing about any wheel problems with those, have you? So it appears Intamin has engineered better, smaller wheel assemblies for this ride.

The Zac Spin is incredible and I am just amazed at all the innovations Intamin has produced. I cant wait to see what their next big thing will be, I'm sure it will be incredible.

Just noticed something about the promo. On Superman, the cars have either 15 or 16 paasengers (video was too blured to tell which). So the cars will most likely be very different than Tower of Terror II car.

Crossing my fingers all 3 will be open by Spring Break 2011

I really hope they offer a flashpass, because I'm getting Platinum and riding these over and over!

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet but I just noticed on the video that it says:

Canyon Blaster - 1999

Wile E. Coyote (spelled wrong) - 1999

There is no mention of the Percy Coaster. I'm guessing that whoever did the video saw "Wile E. Coyote Canyon Blaster" and thought that was two different rides? Probably on whatever email or page they were looking at was presented:

Wile E. Coyote

Canyon Blaster

I guess since this video was a "leak" that it was most likely one of the many revisions going back and forth with the park.

Assuming it will all be fixed before it actually makes it to the public eye for real.

--Robb