TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I never met the guy, but I think Jeff Johnson would count the Zac Spinn as 2 credits. Forward seat/backward seat will be two different experiences/rides

No he would count it as 8 (number of seat per ride vehicle) credits multplied by the number of ride vehicles.

Two interesting things from the video.

1) Interesting the the top third of the Superman tower will be painted red. A new bench mark for how high the cars will go up the tower? Something tells me our Intamin tower backwards launch will be different than it's Dreamworld counterpart. But I won't get my hopes up just yet.

2) Yeah, yeah ...I know you can't go by a promotional video for accuracy. But is that a fresh coat of paint on Scream I see?

3) And one more thing... Is it possible that Deja Vu is closed partly because it will recieve a new color scheme as not to be redundantly identified with Green Lantern? Hymmmmm....

^ True. But the ZacSpin and Deja Vu are both funky looking stationary coasters, while Riddlers has more of a traditional extended layout. Not to mention the green reflects the characters the coasters are based on. So to me it makes more sense to change Deja's colors.

Edited by John Knotts

In regards to the comment made a few responses ago, would an amusement park show a computerized promotional video with rollercoasters that are fading in color? Of course not! And Deja Vu was just painted last year I believe, so I dont believe it would be painted again now. It usually goes down this time of the year for its annual refurb!

I got a real soft spot for the Supes, seeing as how it was such a landmark attraction back in the day, so I'm really glad SFMM is pimping it out and giving it a second lease on life.

That Zac Spin thing, though,... it scares me...

So today in Algebra we had this worksheet and one of the questions was like-

"ROLLER COASTERS One of the world's fastest roller coasters is located in a theme park in Valencia, California. Riders go from 0 to 100 miles per hour in 7 seconds. Find the acceleration blahblahblahblah."

Anyhow, just reading that made me have a major nerdgasm and I figured I'd share. Awesome to hear that not only is Superman getting some love, but the fact that they're also adding that epic little ZacSpin.