TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^What trees?...lol

I have hit my hands on the leaves and it somewhat hurts. I know I can dip my toes of my shoes onto the tracks too when the rides first starts out. But I would never ever want a height restriction like when I pretended I was shorted on Deja Vu and realized why there is a height restriction on that ride after the first time I rode it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW I would love to be buzzed on Tatsu or X-2, but not drunk. Drunk has no room for theme parks.

Hot Sun + Long Lines + Ice Cold Beer = Lovely!

Well long lines aren't that lovely, but I totally support beer in the theme parks!

As a West Coast Bash attender, I felt very jealous when East Coast Bash had kegs or beer during their lunch.

I do think at some point SFMM should reevaluate their alcohol policy. I mean if Knott's can get away with selling alcohol surely SFMM's clientel isn't that much worse!!!

Plus the money they could make from alcohol sales could buy roughly 89343 Intamin Megalites!

Beer is available at SFDK and SFGrAdv, and probably other 6 Flags parks. I don't see it as a problem. It'll be pricey and most likely limited to certain areas of the park. Fact is, if people want to get hammered, they can do it right now in the parking lot for a relative pittance.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying a mug of delicious suds with a tasty park meal. If nothing else, it'll make Magic Mt's mediocre food a little bit more bearable.

I agree with Elissa. SFMM's summer crowds aren't any worse than Knotts. It's really time to do away with all those old stereotypes about SFMM. Bad people exist everywhere, and no matter where they are or what they're drinking, they should be held accountable for their behavior. Most of us will be just fine with a beer or two.

Just got back from a trip from Fright Fest this weekend. I didn't do the mazes, because that really isn't my thing but the people walking around scaring made me laugh out loud. Ended up riding Collosus backwards 3 times and it was awesome. The main highlight for me though is Area 19 at X2. The theming in the line was little but the best part was the audio. The new Area 19 audio I have to say matches to what X2 is perfectly, and I loved every second of it. Overall I think they should keep Area 19 to X2 year round. Noticed a few intersting things about Superman. First there were about six decently sized cables connecting the top to the bottom of the ride, and there was also a jumbled mess of rusted cables hanging down from the right side of the track. All in all it was a great trip, and I am happy to see how much effort is put into Fright Fest at Magic Mountain.

Edited by X2coasterfreak

Selling the IP of Green Lantern to Six Flags, who will construct a theme roller coaster

I don't think the photo of Superman has anything to do with what's going on with the Green Lantern attraction. First, it doesn't say which park may get a green lantern ride. Also, I think they just used that photo to show an example of what the chain has done with superhero rides in the past. Don't forget, SF Great Adventure is getting getting a Green Lantern coaster next year, that slide may be referring to that ride.

I would wager those cables are definitely for the painters to get up and down Superman The Escape, probably as soon as the park tells us what's to come for 2011.